• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

sparklegirl's secret santa list

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
**UPDATED 11/11**

Dear Secret Santa,

Thanks for taking the time to read this! I hope this helps you to get to know me a little better. JUst the fact that you are buying me a present makes me happy, so don't be stressed about what to get- anything will make me happy! And lots of items on my  elfster wishlist are way over budget, but it's just to give you an idea of what I like! And I would love minis of the products if you have them! The elfster list is just for guidance if you need extra help, I also realize some things are over budget but I figured I would list it to give you a better idea of my likes. I would love if you sent me some of your favorite beauty products and local treats!

About me:

I'm a 27 year old graduate student in the biological sciences. This means there is no dress code and nothing is prohibited! However, I prefer to wear very natural looking makeup- browns/golds on eyes (just recently bought UD naked basics and love love love it!). I usually have my nails painted and do dark, vampy colors in the winter and pale pinks in the summer. My hair is thick and just yesterday I noticed it's getting a little frizzy..must me the humidity I'm living in for the first time! As for body, I love  to use sunless tanner and exfoliators.

ALLERGIES!! Please list any allergies to products, foods, scents, etc., that you or anyone living in your household has!  Hubby allergic to cats, so avoid sending cat hair if you have cats 

Dietary restrictions: Do you or anyone in your household have any food-related restrictions/sensitivities, etc? Would you prefer not to receive food items? No dietary restrictions. Would love to receive local food items and/or pepperminty chocolately treats 

Skin allergies/sensitivities: Do you or anyone in your household have any skin allergies/sensitivities not already listed that your Sugar Plum Fairy should know about (e.g., wool, metals in jewelry, etc)? Do you avoid silicone, sulfates, etc? No allergies

Would you like to get a heads-up from a Fairy that your package is on its way, or would you prefer its delivery to be a complete surprise? Complete surprise! 

Style descriptions! Brief is better.

Makeup-I keep it very natural, with browns/golds on the lid. I  love bronzers, blush and moisturizing lip balms

Hair- I'm very low maintenance with my hair. I shower, spray detangled and add a little oil and that's it. Occasionally I will use a hair mask when I remember...

Nails- I prefer nude colors but in the winter I go with vampy reds and dark blues.

Skincare (face/neck)- I recently discovered Liz Earle hot cloth cleaners and I'm obsessed! I love experimenting with new cleansers, toners, face masks…my skin isn't sensitive so I play around with everything!

Bodycare (every where else)- New England winters means very dry skin, so I can't get enough body oils or body lotions. I also go through hand lotion like crazy this time of year, I prefer unscented hand lotion for work

Home- I'm in the process of decorating my vanity so I'm looking for pretty, metallically boxes, jars, containers. My house is decorated with mixed fabrics- leather and linen mostly

More advanced questions:

Solve for X: I am wearing too much blush (not too much that I look like a clown, but I wear it every day which is rare for me), and I DO NOT CARE!

Cruelty-free or vegan. Important, must-have, nice, don't care? Don't care

You just won a $50 gift card to your favorite beauty store. Which store is it, and what will you buy? Birchbox. I would use a 20% coupon plus my birch box points to get the new Vanity Fair box- I have been lusting after that Rosanna Alhambra vessel and by terry rose balm for so long!

Please list any subscription boxes you receive, along with anything you may covet from recent boxes. I get Le Metier de Beaute and just restarted by Birchbox. 

Covet list (Birchbox):

Model Co party proof lipstick

Macadamia Professional Flawless Cleasning conditioner

vasanti brighten up

amika perk up dry shampoo

Clarisea rapid detox charcoal exfoliant

Avene soap-free gel cleanser

Davines Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion

they're real push up liner

Avene thermal spring water (I can't remember if this was a birch box or tipsy item)

Covet List (PopSugar Must Have)

Tilo Scarf in raisin

Rifle Paper Co assorted girls greeting cards

Covet List (Glossybox)

OCC lip tar in metallic in authentic

Tarte power pigment in flush

Assuming they are separately packaged and clearly labeled, what are your feelings on prepared-by-sender beauty items? Unsealed samples? Items from the bulk foods section? Prefer not to receive it

Assuming the same dollar amount is spent, would you prefer several mini items, or one or two full-sized items? Several mini items. I'm not very loyal to products, so I love being able to try many!

Brand-and-color-specific time!

What is your all-time favorite beauty item and why?

What specific product(s) are you lusting after? Feel free to link to a wishlist with particulars! 

What make-up items do you use every day? I do it all- foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush, eyeliner and mascara. If I have the time, I will do eyeshadow.

What are your holy grail items? Holy crap? I love benefits they're real mascara

What one item/product are you interested in, but just have't gotten around to trying?

General product section, aka not brand/color specific

What one product can you just not get enough of? mascara and eyeliner! I usually use black eyeliner, but recently began experimenting with black with silver glitter, or dark browns and blues. As long as they're not super bright, I will try it!

What one product do you actually use more than any other? What runs out quickest in your make-up drawer? I will not leave the house without curling my eyelashes and adding a coat of mascara. I think minis are perfect since they need to be tossed every 3 months. 

What product(s) can you absolutely not use at all for reasons other than allergies/sensitivities listed in the background section (e.g., I can't use foot scrubbers because my feet are too ticklish)? I can't think of any items I don't use… even the stuff commonly disliked by others, such as tan stuff, I use so I will love anything 

What items (makeup/skincare/tool) do you feel are missing from your routine? I only recently began to fill in my brows using powder. I would love to try the anastasia brow wiz, or your favorite dupe. Also need a good exfoliator and eye cream for dark circles

What tools/products are you looking to add, even if they are not missing?  moisturizing lip products- I love the nuxe miel lip balm

What beauty-related product(s) do you just not want to receive?

Brands:

What brand do you have more products from than any other? Any particular reason?For makeup, I have a lot of tarte and stila. Mainly because I love their packaging. Skin and hair care is a whole mix of stuff mostly from sub boxes

What brand(s) have you been wanting to try but haven't gotten around to? french skincare brands sold on birchbox- caudalie, nuxe, avene

What brand(s) do you not want? I tend not to use drugstore. However, if you love it, I would love to try it!

Colors (not specific shades):

Answer quick like a bunny! Favorite color?

Favorite color combination?

Color scheme of your home/room, either in reality or your imagination

What one color (not brand/product specific) do you use more than any other? Why?

Color(s) to avoid?

Scents I would prefer not to receive fragrance. 

And finally (at least for the beauty section), Yes/No?

Foils Yes

Deluxe Samples Yes

Hair Oil Yes

Face Oil Yes

Perfume No

Sunblock/Sunscreen Yes

Self-tanner/tanning wipes Yes

And extra non-makeup-related questions!

What designs/designers do you prefer (please limit to top 3)

List any public wishlists (Amazon, etsy, Sephora), swap lists and/or Tumbler/Pinterest entries your Sugar Plum Fairy should consult.

Is your box all about you? Or would you like to see things in your box for your significant other/spouse, kid(s), pet(s), whatever? If the latter, please list age/gender/species. I'm selfish! But my husband would love edible treats

If your Sugar Plum Fairy curates an awesome set of items for you, would you rather they be wrapped individually, or be a huge smorgasbord that you can look at all at once? Would you prefer to open each gift slowly and methodically or will it be ribbons and bows and paper flying as you tear into it? I love wrapping paper, so I would carefully open everything and try to save and repurpose as much as the wrapping as possible. I personally like to wrap everything individually but whatever you want do it is fine by me!

It's a hot, sunny 90-degree summer day and you have no obligation to be anywhere in particular. Where are you and what are you doing? Reading in the sun

And advanced fun stuff:

What do you do in your spare time? Are there any hobby-related items you would like? I enjoy reading, crafting, washi tape and making old containers pretty

Fandoms, favorite TV shows, movies, books, music, Hogwarts house, etc. 

What non-beauty item(s) would send you over the moon? any of the rosanna alhambra vessels on birch box.com

Pirates or ninjas? pirates

Zombies: Yay or nay? yay

Disney! Favorite movie, hero, villain?

Describe three things decorating your living space. pillows, blankets and photos

Yes/no, the extras division:

Virtual gifts (ecerts/gift certs/eBooks) yes

Hand-made items (from your godparent or purchased) yes

Candles only if they come in pretty containers  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Tarts no

Reed Diffusers no

Incense no

Other home fragrance (say, room spray or scented rocks) no

Local Items yes

Mix CD yes, especially if it's a workout mix

Home Items (and what types) pretty boxes for storing items. I would also love glossyboxes that I can upcycle

Food Items (and what tpcycleypes) yes, caramel, peppermint kisses. I tend to love the winter/chrismas food stuff- mint and chocolate is my favorite combo

Beverages (and what types) hot chocolate mixes, chai mixes

Puzzle Books -- words, numbers, pictures no

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back