Nashville

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone else watch this show? I'm strangely addicted to it. I've purchased all 4 soundtracks and just found out that Charles Esten and Clare Bowen (Deacon and Scarlett) are perfoming at my State Fair this year. I'm so excited!!

I LOVE that show! I am not a country music fan but I strangely love a lot of the soundtrack. I think Clare Bowen is awesome and I really enjoy the show!!

I love it!! Have you seen last night's finale yet? I am dying to talk to someone about it since nobody I know IRL watches it! 

Omg yes I just watched it last night! So many cliff hangers! I was folding laundry though so I need to rewatch it and really pay attention. I missed a little bit of went on with Avery and Juliette. Also missed Will and the trainer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here. I grew up listening to country, but I don't listen to it now. However I just love the songs from the show. I think because they're kinda poppy-country maybe? Like I love how Scarlett and Gunner do mostly Folky stuff and Deacon does bluesy songs. I like stuff like that. I actually stayed up until midnight last week to buy the new soundtrack on iTunes lol I'm such a dork.

I LOVE that show! I am not a country music fan but I strangely love a lot of the soundtrack. I think Clare Bowen is awesome and I really enjoy the show!!

I think this show is soooo underrated.  I'm really hoping they stay on for a couple more seasons.  I dearly love Grey's Anatomy, but the plot lines are recycled and character development thrown out the window every episode.  Nashville hasn't hit that point yet, and I never feel bored with it or the characters.  I actually thought last night's finale was a little tame compared to the mid-season finale, lol. 

I read that it DID get picked up for a 3rd season so I'm happy about that. NOT excited about waiting all the way through summer to watch it lol

I was really into Grey's Anatomy too and I agree with you that its really time for it to be done. I think it should have been done last season. I have this entire season clogging up my DVR and just don't have the desire to watch it.

I also read somewhere that the political plot-lines weren't doing so well and that's why they killed off Lamar and Peggy. I see how that's possible. I could really care less about Teddy's story-lines. I think its a little strange though that Lamar died and Rayna was upset for like one episode? I don't think that's very realistic, but I guess people only care about the musical aspect of the show, which I understand.

I wish Avery would get some more songs! His one last night was the first one I've heard from him this whole season I think.

I think this show is soooo underrated.  I'm really hoping they stay on for a couple more seasons.  I dearly love Grey's Anatomy, but the plot lines are recycled and character development thrown out the window every episode.  Nashville hasn't hit that point yet, and I never feel bored with it or the characters.  I actually thought last night's finale was a little tame compared to the mid-season finale, lol. 

This season of Greys hasn't been so bad-- a real improvement over what was on 2-3 seasons ago. Watch it on a rainy day!

Oooh that makes total sense about the political plots not drawing people in.  I never thought of that. I agree with Rayna's lack of emotion about Lamar, lol.  I'm so hoping for Avery and Juliette to make it through...I think he's a good guy and he's good for her, despite everything.  I'm probably in the minority but I cannot staaaaand Scarlett. 

I totally felt for Maddie's grimacing when Rayna got proposed to...like Rayna is one hot commodity with her ex husband, ex lover and new fiance all in the crowd at the same time?! Of all the disbelief I suspend for this show, that is one of the more ridiculous things, I think, lol. I cant remember the fiances name but he just screams shady to me. 

I DO really love folk music and I definitely love ALL of the Scarlett/Gunnar duets, they are my absolute favorite. I also enjoy the Avery/Gunnar dynamic and that they had a more upbeat sound. I thought the finale was really good - I cried for the last 10 minutes! When Gunnar and Scarlett were singing is when I really lost it. I also really felt for Deacon, I relate to his situation with Rayna a lot in my own life. Some people just never go away no matter how many times they destroy your heart!

Oh and when I was really young, "Camp Nowhere" was my ALL-TIME favorite movie (embarrassed to say that I can still recite over HALF the movie) and that's when I started LOVING Jonathan Jackson. I'm SO GLAD to see him on this show and being successful still as an adult!

I also think that this show is underrated. Maybe it needs a 9pm time slot? I'm really glad it got picked up for another season!!!

I know right? Like how many boyfriends has she had? She's pretty and all but MAN! I don't get what everyone sees in her. And like... they're all SoooOOooOOoO in love with her too.

I started to rewatch the first season because I feel like its been forever since I've seen it and I never realized how many boyfriends Juliette has had! First it was her no name producer guy, then Deacon, the football player, her "sponser", the rich british guy, who else before Avery? She's a trainwreck lol I agree though, I am hoping they stick it out and write folky-indie songs together.

I also wonder if we're going to have another Scarlett/Gunnar love triangle but with Zoe this time since she'll be on the road with Juliette. Its bad enough we're going to have to go through another Deacon/Rayna/Rayna's current bf triangle again.

I don't like Scarlett either... she has a pretty voice, but I can't stand how they make her out to be this naive bumpkin or something. She's always stuttering or stumbling and talking with that weird pout. She's another one that just winds all these boys up.

Haha! I could talk about this forever. I don't have any friends that watch the show either! I'm trying to get my Mom into it because I'm making her take me to see them in August at the Fair.

This season of Greys hasn't been so bad-- a real improvement over what was on 2-3 seasons ago. Watch it on a rainy day!

Oooh that makes total sense about the political plots not drawing people in.  I never thought of that. I agree with Rayna's lack of emotion about Lamar, lol.  I'm so hoping for Avery and Juliette to make it through...I think he's a good guy and he's good for her, despite everything.  I'm probably in the minority but I cannot staaaaand Scarlett. 

I totally felt for Maddie's grimacing when Rayna got proposed to...like Rayna is one hot commodity with her ex husband, ex lover and new fiance all in the crowd at the same time?! Of all the disbelief I suspend for this show, that is one of the more ridiculous things, I think, lol. I cant remember the fiances name but he just screams shady to me. 

I got a little annoyed with Scarlett this season. I thought she was super whiny and very "poor me". I do still have a soft spot for her and like her a whole lot better when she isn't so dependent on people and looking for acceptance.

I was really shocked when she said she was leaving Nashville, but I think Gunnar's song is going to convince her to stay and give it another go-round. I'm glad actually because I DO really like their songs together and I was sad that they weren't going to write anymore. I don't really like Zoe's character or any of her songs, though I'm hoping they will amp her character up a little since she's going on tour with Juliette. Her songs with Avery and Gunnar were good too.

Did you guys watch the On the Record special? I wonder why everyone on the show performed a song except Connie Britton.

I didn't watch the special. Maybe Connie doesn't sing that well and it's another actress doing Rayna's songs?  I haven't seen any of them sing outside of their show personas, so I have no clue. 

Back