Guidelines for Avatars and Signatures:
- You must be a registered member of MUT for at least 5 days in order to add a signature.
- Do not add a “faux signature” into your posts as these will be edited out by staff.
- You are allowed two (2) images in your signature with a maximum dimension of 300px X 75px.
- You may not use your signature to promote a site from which you earn a profit unless you are a MuT Advertiser.
- Up to four (4) links in your signature.
- Up to five (5) lines of text.
- Referral/affiliate links are not allowed.
- Personal information is not allowed.
- You may have have 1 commercial advertising link; brand name or company name (yes allowed). This may include things like Mary Kay reps, Avon reps, Mark reps, Artistry, and similar company reps/sellers. You may NOT request openly in posts for ppl to visit your commercial links.
- You may offer 1 promo (coupon, etc) of your commercial site or sale via your signature, however. you may not discuss your contests/giveaways openly in threads or discussions.
- Blog or Site Giveaways: You may put a link in your signature to your contests/giveaway, however. you may not discuss your contests/giveaways openly in threads or discussions
- Signatures such as "I'm giving away samples, visit my site" or "Click here for more info" (not allowed)
- Exceed the file size and maximum overall size limits.
- Contain graphic material of a pornographic or macabre nature.
- Contain swearing, offensive images, or non-English text.
- Are overly-distracting (e.g. brightly colored images, animated GIFs, etc).
- Emulate staff or special member signatures (Moderators, Staff, Other members, etc).
- Contain advertisements of any sort or links to sites that contain objectionable material. This includes warez, cracks, security circumvention, pyramid schemes, referral IDs, petition requests, and donation requests.
- Contain links of a malicious nature (e.g. links that crash your browser, trigger pop-up floods, etc).
To avoid any confusion, these guidelines are intended to supplement the Community Rules.
Can't find a place to host your signature image? Here's a couple of hosting sites:
As always, we rely on you to spot anything that's inappropriate. The staff here isn't omnipresent so we can't see and deal with everything. Let us know via PM or the Report system, preferably the latter.