• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Charity1217 Midsummer night dreamlist

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm the type of person who likes lots of information before I can make decisions.  For this reason I will add lots of info about me and my likes on here in case my Godmother is like me.  If you prefer to chose what you like, that's perfect.  Just skip over my rambling. 

Here are my top loves:

Lipsticks and lip glosses!!!  I love lip products!  I prefer ones that feel moisturizing and glossy so I tend to not buy matte lip products.  I like the mid-tone range of colors.  For example, mauve, rose, pinkish browns, peach.  If they are light or dark in color I prefer sheer items.  I love both drugstore and higher end lipsticks and glosses.  I love lippies that smell and taste good.  I love lip palettes (like the Stila ones that came out around Christmas, I got both).

Skin care -- I have combination skin that is prone to breakouts, along with lovely brown spots, large pores, fine lines, and redness.  I love skin care and like to try new things.  I like cleansers, serums, masks, oils, moisturizers, eye creams.

Body products -- I love scented lotions that smell like dessert (like be Delectable from Cake Beauty Lemon & Cream Body Lotion from Kohl's, my favorite).  I love, love, love lemon scents esp. lemon dessert scents, (and lemon desserts :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  I also love items from Lush! 

Perfume --  I love perfume samples!  I have tons of small vials and am always picking up more with my online orders. My favorite scents are lemon or other citrus, jasmine, gardenia, honeysuckle, vanilla, coconut, amber, musk, and sandalwood.

Snacks -- I love baked goods, desserts, and candy!  Chocolate, caramel, mint, lemon, some nuts (almonds, peanuts, and macadamia), cinnamon.  I'm not a huge fan of fruit and chocolate together but I surprisingly love bacon and chocolate together.  I do not drink coffee, tea, or alcohol I know I'm weird.  I don't like coconut, but my husband does.

Local things -- I love to travel and like to experience things from other places. 

I love small samples, even foils.  I have beauty ADD and can't stay with one product for too long before I get distracted by something else.  So small samples work perfect for me.

I like most makeup.  I tend to wear boring colors, like vanilla and brown on my eyes (I have brown eyes).  I can not use eyeliner but my 17 year old daughter loves it so I can pass it on to her.  I like both cream and powder blush.  I'm still looking for my favorite mascara, although I feel like I've tried them all.  I love to try different foundation/BB creams so if you have extra foils in a light shade that you won't use, send them my way.  I also love trying different primers, both eye and face.  I have Algenist and the hourglass one. 

I have brown hair that is long.  It's damaged, dry, and slightly wavy.  I like hair products, like dry shampoo, conditioner, serums, mousse, etc.  My hair needs volume and moisture.

I paint my nails sometimes (when I remember).  I am always looking for a good base coat or a good file.  I like most colors just not the way out there ones like yellow or lime green.  I love pearl and metallic finishes.  I like glitter polishes but have not found a remover that can remove them in less than 30 minutes. 

I like jewelry, my style is fairly simple.  I do have pierced ears. 

I moved recently and am still trying to decorate my house.  I love anything beach related!  I love the colors of the ocean, blues, teal, and aquamarines. 

I love to read, I'd rather lounge around reading than almost anything (besides spending time with my family). 

I don't watch much tv, nor have I read or seen Harry Potter.  I know I'm sorry!

Here's my answers from the survey:

• ALLERGIES!!  None
  • Dietary restrictions:  None, I love food!
  • Skin allergies/sensitivities:  None
Would you like to get a heads-up from a Fairy that your package is on its way, or would you prefer its delivery to be a complete surpriseHeads-up please!

Not mandatory but cannot be recommended highly enough:  Do you have an on-forum swap/Midsummer Dream list?  If it's anywhere other than this post, URL here, please! -- Working on dream wish list soon.

Basic background information:

Style descriptions! Brief is better.

• Makeup -- natural -- neutral eye colors (cream and browns), light and middle shades of blush/lipstick, pinks, mauve, peach
  • Hair -- Long, dry, flat I usually wear it down.
  • Nails -- prefer reds/ pinks/ purples but I do have some blues and such.  No yellow or lime green types.
  • Skincare (face/neck) -- combo skin, prone to breakouts, have issues with sun spots, pores, fine lines, and shine Love masks, treatment products, and moisturizers both mattifying and regular.
  • Bodycare (every where else) -- love lotions that smell like desserts and fruits.  I love Lush products.  I wish there was one closer.
  • Home -- I love candles!  Home is more blue-green shades with white or sand. 
More advanced questions:

• Solve for X: I have too much lip products, and I DO NOT CARE!
  • Cruelty-free or vegan. Important, must-have, nice, don't care? Don't care
  • You just won a $50 gift card to your favorite beauty store. Which store is it, and what will you buy?  Sephora and lip or cheek products, skin care, or perfume.
  • Please list any subscription boxes you receive, along with anything you may covet from recent boxes.  Birchbox and Ipsy.
  • Ipsy, the Revlon colorburst (like the color), the Lulu balm from this month and Cover FX mattifying primer from last.  Birchbox, the Noya lip gloss, Laqa lippie, the candles, the Givescent perfume, or the Caudalie oil.
  • Assuming they are separately packaged and clearly labeled, what are your feelings on prepared-by-sender beauty items? Unsealed samples? Items from the bulk foods section?  Sounds great! 
  • Assuming the same dollar amount is spent, would you prefer several mini items, or one or two full-sized items?  MINI'S!  I love small things!

Brand-and-color-specific time!  Brands are tough because I change all the time but I'll add what I can.

• What is your all-time favorite beauty item and why?  I can't pick just one.
  • What specific product(s) are you lusting after? Feel free to link to a wishlist with particulars!  Any mini lippie sets that don't have too many reds, orange, or very dark colors.  I love Bite lippies.  Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette also.
  • What make-up items do you use every day?  Foundation (Dior Forever in Linen) or Bobbi Brown BB in fair), concealer, powder, blush (stila cream in Peony or Josie Maran lip and cheek creamy oil in limitless pink ,eyeshadow,  mascara, and lip gloss.
  • What are your holy grail items? Holy crap?  I have no idea!  I'll have to think on that one.
  • What one item/product are you interested in, but just have't gotten around to trying?  I don't know.

General product section, aka not brand/color specific

• What one product can you just not get enough of?  Lip products, lip gloss, lipsticks
  • What one product do you actually use more than any other? What runs out quickest in your make-up drawer?  Foundation.  I won't leave home without it on.
  • What product(s) can you absolutely not use at all for reasons other than allergies/sensitivities listed in the background section (e.g., I can't use foot scrubbers because my feet are too ticklish)?  Eyeliner.  I can't for the life of me get it to work. Same with false lashes.
  • What items (makeup/skincare/tool) do you feel are missing from your routine?  I don't know.
  • What tools/products are you looking to add, even if they are not missing? A good eyelash curler or powder brush.
  • What beauty-related product(s) do you just not want to receive?  Eyeliner, mascara (unless you love it then I want to try it), hairspray, shampoo (unless it's dry shampoo), hair oil.

Brands:

• What brand do you have more products from than any other? Any particular reason? Maybe Sephora brand.  It's cheaper than other brands at Sephora but I've liked a lot of their things.
  • What brand(s) have you been wanting to try but haven't gotten around to?  Hourglass, Sonia, Kashuk
  • What brand(s) do you not want? I can't think on one.

Colors (not specific shades):

• Answer quick like a bunny! Favorite color?  Teal
  • Favorite color combination?  Teal, grey. 
  • Color scheme of your home/room, either in reality or your imagination.  Surprisingly, it's teal and other ocean/beach colors.
  • What one color (not brand/product specific) do you use more than any other? Why?  Beauty related -- MauveDecorating -- white.  Clothes -- black
  • Color(s) to avoid? -- Yellow and orange

Scents

• What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent of all time?  Joya Ames Soeurs Parfume - my husband hates it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, Armani Code, or Escada Born in Paradise.
    What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent to wear in the summer?  Harajuku Lover's G perfume -- one of my husbands favorite
  • What is the fragrance of your favorite home fragrance (e.g., candle, diffuser)? I have lots of lemon and citrus scents and jasmine or honeysuckle scents.
  • Describe your favorite scents/notes, without naming a specific perfume or fragrance.  Lemon or other citrus, jasmine, gardenia, honeysuckle, vanilla, coconut, amber, musk, and sandalwood.
  • Without naming a specific perfume or fragrance, what are your favorite perfume companiesEscada, Dolce & Gabanna, Juicy (I'm embarased to admit this) Favorite home fragrance companies?  B&BW, and company that makes those scented wax melt things
  • What form of perfume do you prefer (oil, alcohol-based, spray, open bottle, rollerball)? Spray or rollerball.  What form of home fragrance do you prefer (candle, diffuser, air freshener, plug-in)?  Candle or the wax melts.
  • Other than perfume/fragrance oils, what is your favorite type of toiletry/scented item?  Scented lotion
  • Scent(s)/notes(s) to avoid?  Anything too heavy

And finally (at least for the beauty section), Yes/No?

• Foils -- Yes
  • Deluxe Samples --  Yes
  • Hair Oil -- No
  • Face Oil -- Sure
  • Perfume -- Yes
  • Sunblock/Sunscreen -- No
  • Self-tanner/tanning wipes -- Not really

And extra non-makeup-related questions!

• What designs/designers do you prefer (please limit to top 3) -- I don't have any favorite designers. I do like stripes, floral, polka dots
  • List any public wishlists (Amazon, etsy, Sephora), swap lists and/or Tumbler/Pinterest entries your fairy godparent should consult. No
  • Is your box all about you? Or would you like to see things in your box for your significant other/spouse, kid(s), pet(s), whatever? If the latter, please list age/gender/species.  Whatever you'd like, although my boy's won't care for any beauty type products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  My husband John, daughter Madison (17), son Jarom (14), and daughter Charity (8).  I'm okay if it's all for me though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
  • If your fairy godparent curates an awesome set of items for you, would you rather they be wrapped individually, or be a huge smorgasbord that you can look at all at once? Whatever is easier for you.  Would you prefer to open each gift slowly and methodically or will it be ribbons and bows and paper flying as you tear into it?  Somewhere in between
  • It's a hot, sunny 90-degree summer day and you have no obligation to be anywhere in particular. Where are you and what are you doing?  Relaxing with a book and a Diet Dr. Pepper with the crushed ice.

And advanced fun stuff:

• What do you do in your spare time? Are there any hobby-related items you would like?  Read, try to sew.
  • Fandoms, favorite TV shows, movies, books, music, Hogwarts house, etc.  I like Psych but don't really watch much TV.
  • What non-beauty item(s) would send you over the moon?  Let me think about this one.
  • Pirates or ninjas?  Pirates
  • Zombies: Yay or nay?  Nay
  • Disney! Favorite movie, hero, villain?  Belle, my husband said this was his favorite because she's exactly like me, brown hair, brown eyes, always has nose in a book.
  • Describe three things decorating your living space.  Family pictures, paintings my grandma painted, and flowers.
Yes/no, the extras division:

• Virtual gifts (ecerts/gift certs/eBooks) -- Yes
  • Hand-made items (from your godparent or purchased) -- Yes
  • Candles -- Yes
  • Tarts -- Yes
  • Reed Diffusers -- No
  • Incense -- No
  • Other home fragrance (say, room spray or scented rocks) -- No
  • Local Items -- Yes
  • Mix CD -- No
  • Home Items (and what types) -- Sure (? what types)
  • Food Items (and what types) -- Treats, baked goods, candy, chocolate -- just no coconut or fruit/chocolate combos
  • Beverages (and what types) -- No, I don't drink coffee or tea.
  • Puzzle Books -- words, numbers, pictures -- No

Thank you for the thought and time you put into this.  I am very excited to see what goodies you pick for me.  Hopefully I didn't bore you with my book length answers.

Latest posts

Back