In Search Of: Drugstore Moisturizer for Oily/Acne-Prone Skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been using Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combo Skin, but it literally burns my face, and causes my cheeks to swell a little. I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin, so I don't know what it is about this particular product that causes this. I've been looking at Olay's new Fresh Effects Gel Moisturizer, but just don't know. Does anyone know of a decent drugstore (Target or Walgreens, possibly WalMart) moisturizer that would work for oily skin that is very acne prone?

I have really been liking the Simple brand. With the Neurtogena one, you may be allergic to something in it. I would stop using that and try something that is gentle on your skin. When you try something new, give it time, your skin may get a little worse before it gets better. It's annoying but give it time. Also change your pillow case every 2-3 days. I hope you find a product that you like! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My son has been on Accutane.  So, he needs to moisturize but is still prone to breakout.  He was told to use CeraVe brand moisturizers by the dermatologist.   I have to admit I have been using it as well.   I think Cetaphil is a good brand for acne prone skin.  My older son also dealt with Acne and this was the cleanser and moisturizer we have kept in the house. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you thought about La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat? It's the best drugstore one I've found... I recommended it to my sister and she now loves it too. I'll be reviewing it on my blog soon. I think (after the rather £££ Kate Somerville goats cream) it's my favourite moisturiser.

Daisy xxx

I've been using Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combo Skin, but it literally burns my face, and causes my cheeks to swell a little. I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin, so I don't know what it is about this particular product that causes this. I've been looking at Olay's new Fresh Effects Gel Moisturizer, but just don't know. Does anyone know of a decent drugstore (Target or Walgreens, possibly WalMart) moisturizer that would work for oily skin that is very acne prone?
[SIZE=10pt]I prefer and recommend Jarvis Cosmetics (JARVISCOSMETICS DOT COM)... Their products Jarvis Cream & Serum are awesome… and best to get rid of approx 90% skin problems... Unfortunately, they have not been launched yet but I have participated in their clinical trial....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]It is first skin care products targeting skin immune system. Healthy skin immune system is the key of healthy skin... So by improving skin immune system, bacteria never returned...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]So before doing anything try Jarvis Cosmetics...[/SIZE]

I use Earth Science's Fragrance-Free Almond-Aloe moisturizer. 

It is lightweight, contains no alcohol, is sheer under makeup, and doesn't make me break out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back