$5 May Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got an email for $5 off the May box for resubbing. The code is summersub and it's valid until 5/26. I don't think the email was targeted (e.i., any account without a current subscription can use it).

Considering you get 10 points just for resubbing, it a pretty good deal if you are on the fence!

FYI, I placed the order Wednesday night and, per the website, my box has:

Coola After Sun Lotion

Pixi Lip Balm

Caudelie Detox Oil

Gummy Vitamins

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

Just in case that changes anything for anyone. It's great for me because I was gunning for that primer, and the sample size is $12 at Sephora!

Coola After Sun Lotion

Pixi Lip Balm

Caudelie Detox Oil

Gummy Vitamins

Just in case that changes anything for anyone. It's great for me because I was gunning for that primer, and the sample size is $12 at Sephora!
that's the box i got when i opened a new account super late.

if i'm not mistaken it's the coral one. bbx is only sending out the coral and hot pink ones. i didn't like the pink but i love the coral :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hmmm.. super tempting! Thinking of opening a third account and trying my luck. I've been wanting the coral one :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I opened a new subscription to take advantage of this offer, but I only got 5 points credited on my account.  Should I have gotten the 100 points also for opening a new account?

I got an email for $5 off the May box for resubbing. The code is summersub and it's valid until 5/26. I don't think the email was targeted (e.i., any account without a current subscription can use it).

Considering you get 10 points just for resubbing, it a pretty good deal if you are on the fence!
I think when you use this code, they only give you 5 points for resubbing, which kinda sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coola After Sun Lotion

Pixi Lip Balm

Caudelie Detox Oil

Gummy Vitamins

Did you get 10 points when you used the summersub code, or only 5 points?

I cancelled my main account and resubbed with the $5 promo. It gave me 5 points for signing up, makes sense since you get 1 point for every dollar spent.

Will they also bill my 2nd account for a June box if I use the code now? Or do I just get a May box as my June box? (It says it'll ship June 5th)

I was on the fence about canceling Ipsy and just getting a 2nd BB (the points/products!), so this definitely decided it for me!  :drive:

Weird: The box that I subbed with bbsnaptray still has not shipped while the summersub has. Im getting smashbox primer/hello harvey/beauty protector spray/cynthia rawley liner/lotion sample. Dupes but I guess worth 5 bucks. 

I do not need a second sub, I do not need a second sub, I do not need a second sub...... This deal is tempting though!

Birchbox's " almost free" offer catapulted me right back into subscription box obsession. I have been box- free for many moons. Now, back up to 8 subs and looking for more, ha.

I got a decent box. Not fab but decent:

Cynthia Rowley eyeliner pencil in black of course ( I've never gotten any other color in any box with blue eyes)

Supergoop sunscreen

Harvey Prince " Hello" sample
Beauty Protector leave in spray for hair ( smells good)

Perlier Body Cream- updated to have shea butter as the main ingredient. 

With the subscription came an email good for a 20% discount for one week on any purchase, so I bought the $55 " Hello" fragrance spray for $44. 
Definitely worth my $5 investment. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Birchboxes are like potato chips of beauty for me. I don't think I can have just one subscription. Slippery slope, these subscriptions. Very slippery slope. I'm finding new ones that are calling my name, too. 

I got 10 points for the subscription plus 55 points for the full price of the fragrance with a discount. 

"Resistance is futile"
GiGi

Birchbox's " almost free" offer catapulted me right back into subscription box obsession. I have been box- free for many moons. Now, back up to 8 subs and looking for more, ha.

I got a decent box. Not fab but decent:

Cynthia Rowley eyeliner pencil in black of course ( I've never gotten any other color in any box with blue eyes)

Supergoop sunscreen

Harvey Prince " Hello" sample

Beauty Protector leave in spray for hair ( smells good)

Perlier Body Cream- updated to have shea butter as the main ingredient. 

With the subscription came an email good for a 20% discount for one week on any purchase, so I bought the $55 " Hello" fragrance spray for $44. 

Definitely worth my $5 investment. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Birchboxes are like potato chips of beauty for me. I don't think I can have just one subscription. Slippery slope, these subscriptions. Very slippery slope. I'm finding new ones that are calling my name, too. 

I got 10 points for the subscription plus 55 points for the full price of the fragrance with a discount. 

"Resistance is futile"

GiGi
the $55 hello perfume will not smell as good or last as long as the sample its still the same fragrance but the full size is an EDT and the sample is an EDP i have nooo idea why they do this but it pisses me off

if you buy the rollerball for $26 it is an EDP just like the sample though

Back