• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dancersmum - summerswap cheat sheet

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancersmum

shopaholic
Reaction score
Hello beautiful person!

Thank you for wanting to take the time to get to know me!  

Apologies but I'm a slightly allergic person...I'm only going to name the biggies as if I try to list them all we will be here all day...but don't worry I have lots of girls in my life so if something you do send won't work for me - my daughter will try it and failing her one of my nieces will certainly benefit!

Allergies:

1. Nickel - makes me swell up and hurt...I'm so bad that sometimes I have to change the buttons on jeans if they have the tiniest bit of nickel in them 

2.  Sulphur/sulphites (sulfur/sulfites) - to use or in food/drink products (hives and swollen eyes that can be impossible to see out of)

3.  Parabens & silicones  usually makes my skin hate me (make me break out) so I try to avoid them

4. Chemical sunscreen - allergic to this too

5.  I also try to avoid Sulfates is soaps/shampoos as they make me itch

Then there is other detail - I don't live in the USA although you can choose to ship to me there!  Regardless of where you decide to ship please try to avoid the following as they are considered "dangerous goods"and are difficult to get shipped...(this isn't a complete list although I can provide one if you need) - NO nail polish, nail polish remover, perfume, cologne, denatured or any kind of alcohol, hairspray or other aerosol or compressed air cans  (basically if its highly flammable its a problem).

To give you an idea of what I like here is a list of the things I seem to use often!

I am a skincare junkie - 

with a little "wardrobe"of choices for my face lol - I could provide a list but again it would be super long - so I will just name my current  favs - Mad Hippie Vitamin C serum, skininc serums & Juice Beauty treatment oil.

My go to make up includes:

Juice beauty  CC cream in natural
Skinceutials - physical fusion
cetaphil - restoraderm body wash (for my face wash)
Origins - plantscription anti-aging cleanser 
Tarte - matte shadow palettes, mascaras, blush, bronzer, sometimes lip surgence
theBalm - bahama mama
Hourglass-ambient lighting palette
Bobbi brown - gel eye liner (in the pencil format - I only have one but one day I will be brave and try some colour)
Clinque -black honey  (though I have never bought one just get the freebies)
Hurraw lipbalm
chickenpoop - lipbalm (don't worry it doesn't have poop in it)
Mac - eyeshadow & lipstick
ELF - high Def powder
Armani - lipsticks - I only have 2 but I love them
Bite beauty - dual ended lipstick - my favourite nudes!  (lychee and musk)
things I won't use:  artificially scented items (makes my headache), self tanning things (I tan in 60 seconds of sun), lip gloss if its very shiny or sticky- don't know why but I never seem to use it - I'm really more of a lip balm girl with the occasional lipstick.

If I won the lottery - this isn't in any order...just my thoughts (I'm not asking for these as they are $$$- just to give you an idea of what I would do if I literally had oodles and oodles of extra cash falling from the sky lol):
Tarte lipsticks, Giorgio Armani lipsticks, Bite Beauty products without SPF - that Givenchy black change colour lipstick, anything from aromatherapy associates, anything from Organic pharmacy, Laudree blushes, 21 drops, Sunday Riley, and last but not least the Bite beauty VIB ROUGE cream lipstick (that I can't buy cos I'm not Rouge) Josie maran stuff, Jurlique (smells so good) and  Hourglass stuff (the new blush palette if it ever comes out makes me swoon).  
Things I don't like: pink (everything also seems to turn bubblegum pink on me even liptars so I never ever buy pink as somehow I end up with millions of pink things), yellow & orange make me look ill.  I hate white chocolate.  I prefer matte to shimmery/glittery things. 

Organic/cruelty free/environmental concerns - I'd like to try to be more organic and I do try to make cruelty free choices...when I can but when they are gifts - I think its entirely up to the giver!  As for the environment I won't use face scrubs with non-biodegradable things in them (but to be honest I think that most places are banning them so maybe you can't buy them anymore).

Colours I love or have always wanted to try:

rose gold - I own NONE - but I love the idea of a slightly rosy gold eyeliner

burgundy & wines lips

deep berry colours lips

dark chocolate colours for eyeliners

Products that are on my wishlist - 

just to give you ideas of the kind of things I like:

Loreal butterfly mascara - since people keep raving about it (I keep hoping one day I will find a mascara that I can handle and that comes off easily)

minis - I just love minis and I think thats why I love glossybox  - I rarely finish a product so somehow minis seem better to me

make up remover - I have yet to find an eye make up remover that doesn't make my eyes burn and actually removes everything (sometimes I think this is why I don't wear eye make up often)

unniversal lip liners - like the paulas choice one (clear lipliner)  or urban decay zero

Korres lipbutters

Revlon colorburst balm stains

jurlique rose love balm

And lastly:

I often appear barefaced but I'm not - I always have a SPF product on at the least.  I very rarely do a full face.  When I need to do stuff for work (important clients, presentations etc) I will try to look presentable and put some make up on but I'm a classic sort of person who prefers an understated (also known as boring) look.  I'm hopeless at eye makeup on myself but I'm awesome at contouring and doing other peoples makeup lol.  

So by now I'm betting you are cursing whoever assigned me to you as I sound terrible fussy - but honestly ANYTHING is awesome - love to try new things - would love to try your favs.  

PS: I don't know if this helps but I sub to glossybox, sample socitey and ipsy (getting rid of ipsy soon as its not my thing)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back