• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Jessica's SummerSwap List

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kawaiiwoofs

Glasses.
Reaction score
Hi!

Just wanted to make a separate post for SummerSwap! I'm so excited that you're my swap buddy and I hope you have fun shopping for me!

Me: I'm finishing up grad school this summer in Applied Economics. A lot of the time I'm the only girl in my courses so I really like to be super girly and establish my dominance as a woman economist with some kick booty lip stick ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I will be moving at the end of the summer (not sure where yet...depends on which of my job interviews result in a full time offer!). My boyfriend and I live in a dinky college apartment but we're totally looking forward to major upgrades once we move for work. I love coffee, tea, and candy. I like to hope that my efforts in the gym can counteract my love of food... Over all, I'm so excited for this swap and hopefully your creeping skills plus this list will serve as a good jumping off point!

Allergies: None that I know of -- BUT I have a very sensitive scalp and sensitive skin so I'm kindly asking for no shampoo or skincare products (so I'm sure there's some sort of allergy but I don't know its name..) 

Loves: lipsticks, lip balms, lip tints.... Any and all lip products! I LOVE all of it! I particularly love OCC liptars and Tarte Lipsurgences. 

Likes: I'm a neutral eyeshadow and liquid eyeliner girl. I want to know YOUR favorites!

Favorite brands: The Balm, Tarte, Too Faced, Nars, UD, Stila,...the list goes on!

Current sub: I only sub to birchbox and there hasn't been anything that I've been coveting since I haven't been doing too much of a good job at keeping up with the threads/whats been coming out recently. I like the home goods and trinkety stuff on the website - like the macaron box. I usually use my points on tea or candy. I've been saving a lot of my points too and I plan on using them for decor or other home stuff when I move into my new apartment at the end of the summer.  

Hobbies: I like to make zines, do some mail art, and work out. If you happen to have any fun stationery lying around or washi tape, I would love it! In fact, if you just sent me $25 of stationery or fun stuff ("kawaii" stickers or whatever) to decorate with, I would love that just as much as you sending an HG lip stick :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wishlist: I have my sephora loves list linked in my signature. I don't use drugstore products BUT i'm sure there's a whole universe of lip products I'm missing out on, eh? Those Revlon Colorbursts seem cool! Hard Candy High Gloss sticks (chubby stick ones) are an old HG but I somehow lost all of them. NYX? I would looooove to try NYX lip products. I like fun, colors - both bright and bold. I can't pull of straight up purple or nude lips at all though. I'm definitely a berry/pink kinda gal! I actually really do think I would love a box of NYX stuff! Seems good! I really would like to try the NYX Butter Lipsticks and gravitate toward colors like Sweet Tarte, Hunk, Razzle... anything fun and along those berry/pink lines. I have a lot of OCC liptars but I have started to gravitate toward more convenient / portable lip products.

Indies also seem kinda cool too! I'd like to try those! But, I'm more into neutral eyeshadows - is that ok in the indie world?? Otherwise, I could always learn to love more color in my life!

I like things in mini/deluxe sample size. I think they're cuter and more manageable that way. I like mini lipsurgences and other lip products the best. I also love mascara samples and liquid eyeliner. I'm also a tons-of-little-things rather than one-big-thing kinda person. 

Send me YOUR favorites! I would love to try out new things!  Please make use of a Roadie and let me know if I'm being too vague.

Hopefully that helps! And thank you again!

edit: i know some ladies were talking about birchbox wishlists -- i like benefit stuff but nothing off the top of my head comes to mind. i do like the french bull cutting mats and the macaron trinket boxes! they're so cute! i am a tea drinker and i enjoy the harney and sons that i've tried :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Back