• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

tgooberbutt's midsummer & summer swap info :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well geez :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm really pretty easy to please, and I'm really on MUT to learn more about makeup and skincare - so I hesitate to try to tell you what to get me. It's probably best that you know a bit about me and help choose a couple of things that you think might suit my needs/likes.....you know, personal-shopper like :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

About my skin:

-~NC25, warm, yellowish undertone. During the peak of summer, I get up to NC30.

- Combo skin...oils over by afternoon.

-Very prone to hyperpigmentation, so anything you can recommend to combat this, and fade dark spots, send them along!

-Not too worried about wrinkles. 

-SPF is always a good thing.

About my makeup habits:

-It's gotta stay put. The way my day goes, I can't really take breaks to touch up the makeup. If I don't prime and set all the eye makeup, it raccoons within hours. mascaras are all waterproof and then set with powder (yup).

-I like purples. but haven't really gotten into any other colors for the eyes...not quite sure how without looking like mimi from the Drew Cary Show.

-Simple face makeup - primer, foundation, set with powder. Light blush. Sometimes bronzer. 

-Low maintenance is good!

About my skincare habits:

-OMG, I'm such the the chemical exfoliant junkie....salycilic, lactic, glycolic and TCA acids. 

-Tea tree oil is a godsend.

About my lifestyle:

-I love food - I would love to learn more about the food from your area. ingredients, local flavors, classic recipes. Savory or sweet...it doesn't matter. 

-I am learning leatherwork. It's a shot in the dark, but if you have any material or hints, or tools, it would be greatly appreciated!

-I'm very outdoorsy. Hiking, climbing, watersports....

-I have backyard chickens - and I love them! 
yippiechickie.gif

And that's about it! Use your best judgement - I'm sure I'll love whatever it is you put together. For me it's more the meaning and reasoning why you send it more than what you actually send. Sometimes actual shared knowledge/info/experience is far more valuable than any physical item that is sent. 

Cheers!

Since I'm participating in Summerswap as well, I figure you probably want to know a little bit about me. 

I'm a very laid-back person - California born and raised. I spend my spare 'away from home' time either on the water in the San Francisco Bay, or in the high mountains of northern California (backpacking and mountaineering).  I work on an academic schedule (August - June) though I am no longer a student (thank god!). Work requires me to look professional and conservative, though I try to go crazy with the shoe choices when I can (I'm still lusting after the lego heels from Balenciaga from the early 2000's that are just never going to happen in my lifetime). 

I'm a very big foodie, and love to cook and bake. I use to be a professional artisan bread baker, and have cooked professionally in the past. Nowadays, I'll take up cooking projects here and there, but my kitchen is fully stocked with all the cooking equipment that I need. I'm just looking for regional favorites, flavors and recipes for snacks, pastries, candies. For already made products, a taste of any local roasts, a dram of a favorite or unique single malt scotch, salts or seasonings are all welcomed. Or even if there's some regional specialty that you think I really just have to try!

I have also recently joined up with the urban farming trend that's going around these days. I have a little raised garden bed of veggies (heirloom veggie seeds are also appreciated!) and seven precocious chickens. Anything chicken-themed will likely put a smile on my face these days :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As for likes and dislikes in this world....I'm not that big into music or reading (actually HATE reading, I do too much of it for work). I am pretty crafty and make good use of a sewing machine, embroidery machine, power tools and leather-working tools. I love shopping and bargain hunting (I recently discovered the world of coupons, and it's almost like a frickin' game!). 

For me, the midsummer-night and summerswap are more about getting to know other MUT'ers. I want to know more about what your thinking was behind the swap, more about you, and more about the region you live in. 

Hope this helps, and thank you for being my swap buddy!

Back