• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Jesemiaud's Summerswap This is me list

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesemiaud

Loving Life!
Reaction score
First of all, thank you! I'm so excited to be a part of this swap and happy I found it before it's too late!

I'm totally scamming and copying ideas from other posters, but I'm not at all creative and I thought it would help. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Any ideas below are just that. I'm sure if you have something you are dying to send, I'll love it!

About me:
My name is Maria and I'm old! I'll be 50 this year (in October), but I feel 30, lol. I love in Columbus, OH (Go Bucks!) with my husband of 21 years and my three daughters (19, 17, & 15) who are all just as obsessed with makeup as I am. Well, maybe not quite. I have a dog named Copper who is a bagel (beagle/basset mix). He's definitely my baby and is very loyal to me. We also have three cats who all have very distinct personalities. I'm a CPA and I work as an auditor for a large healthcare company.

General info:
I have light to medium skin, dark brown hair and blue eyes. My hair is very wavy and can get frizzy in the humidity. I try to encourage the curl, so I skip the sulfates in my hair products. I love Devacurl and Living Proof Restore products. I keep it short - just to the nape of my neck. I have relatively dry skin, although in the summer, it gets almost normal. I love jewelry and wear it every day. I love bracelets, necklaces and earrings and I'm partial to silver. 

My Makeup and Skincare routines:
I do the whole nine yards as far as skin care goes. (Pssst, take it from me...do NOT wait to start taking care of your skin. I wish I took better care of my skin when I was younger). I religiously cleanse, moisturize, serumize, tonerize twice a day. I always wear a moisturizer with sunscreen in it for daytime; something a little heavier at night. I use masks as often as I have time. As far as makeup goes, I wear a full face every day. Even if I'm going "makeup free", I will at least wear foundation, blush, eyeliner and mascara, and lip color. Most days, this is my routine: After moisturizing, I put on primer, foundation or BB cream, blush, highlighter, powder, brow pencil and brow gel, eye primer, eye shadow, eye liner and mascara, lipliner, lipstick and usually a little lipgloss too. I always have to have something on my lips...can't stand to have nekkid lips...ew! I keep my nails polished at all times. Even though I work in a corporate setting, I will wear anything on my fingernails. I just tone it down a bit if I'm meeting with the CEO.

Smells:
I love fragrance and wear it all the time. I even put on perfume before bed every night. I don't like sweet scents (no vanilla or candy scents). My favorites tend to be citrusy and fresh in nature. I love scented lotions and shower gels (no bar soap...always feels sticky to me). I love taking baths when I have time, so bath bombs and bubble bath is awesome! I love Lush and Fortune Cookie Soap stuff.

Things I've never tried but would like to:

• Peel off base coat for glitter nail polish
  • Indie Nail Polish (I've especially been coveting Dance Legend Sully)
  • Thermal Nail Polish (again, lusting after Dance Legend No 170)
  • Indie Eyeshadows (loose)
  • Any product from a foreign country - I've tossed around the idea of a memebox, but I have too many subs as it is.
  • HK Girl top coat by Glisten and Glow
  • MAC products - do you have a fave?
  • NYX Milk Pencil

Please stay away from:

• Red or nude lippies - have a lifetime supply
  • Mascara - see above
  • Bar Soap
  • Hair products with Sulfates
  • Bronzers or self tanners
Subs I subscribe to:

• Birchbox x 2
  • PopSugar (although June will be my last month)
  • Le Metier De Beaute
  • Rainbow Honey
  • Julep
  • Square Hue
On my Birchbox Faves list:

Other random stuff in no particular order that would make sense:

• My favorite colors are red, turquoise and lime green, but I hate yellow and orange.
  • I'm totally fine with samples, foils and lightly used products. Maybe it didn't work for you, but who's to say that I won't love it.
  • My hobbies include scrapbooking, reading (voraciously! Mostly mysteries and thrillers, but I'm also into reading all the stuff my teen girls like such as Hunger Games, Divergent, City of bones, etc), watching TV with the fam, & gardening.
  • I'm learning to run again after 25 years. I used to run all the time. I'm back at it, starting slow with the Couch to 5K program. My older two daughters and I are running the color run in July and for my 50th birthday, I'm going to run the 1/2 marathon...crazy, I know!
  • I love flowers...floral prints, etc.
  • I like cool pens.
  • I'm avid tea drinker, but no coffee (I'm allergic). 
  • I'm allergic to 27 different foods, so food is usually not something I like to receive. Although, I like nuts and can have those (except for pistachios - that's the one nut I'm allergic to - now you know 2 of my food allergies...wanna know the other 25?)
  • I'm a big fan of essential oils and use them in a myriad of ways in my home and for my health.

Well, I can't think of anything else right now, but I will edit this if I do...hope it helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back