SquareHue: July 2014 SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
July is Barcelona!

Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 3.38.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 3.38.16 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't like orange polishes, so I might have to put my account on pause again. Plus, that tan color from this month is soooo ugly! I'm kinda disappointed. 

Wow -- looks like we might get a pink next month.  I've been subbed since last November and I think it's the first pink I've seen.  Purple, orange and pink seem to me the obvious colors from the picture, but maybe they'll continue the different finishes.

Holy Guacamole! I signed up Monday evening for the monthly boxes. I added the Surprise Box code "coupon" they sent after I signed up for their email newsletters to my order. A few hours later I had a shipping confirmation from them.  :w00t:  I'm guessing the Surprise Box is sent separately since the email I received right after signing up for the monthly boxes said my payment is for next month's box. 

I'm just really impressed that something got sent out so fast.  :rotfl:

July, you have to sign up before the first of the month to receive that month's box.
Perfect, thank you!  I signed up using the surprise14 code and I didn't want June :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If there is a glorious pink in July's box I will die of happiness.  But Barcelona makes me think yellows, oranges, reds and golds.

I am excited about Barcelona! I skipped June but am planning on re-subbing for July because the preview colors look awesome! I'm hoping for an orange and a hot pink definitely! It looks like the other color could be purple or maybe even navy (or they could surprise everyone and send a color not in the preview!) 

I hope they send out more than just cremes because these colors would be so fun in various finishes! 

Holy Guacamole! I signed up Monday evening for the monthly boxes. I added the Surprise Box code "coupon" they sent after I signed up for their email newsletters to my order. A few hours later I had a shipping confirmation from them.  :w00t:  I'm guessing the Surprise Box is sent separately since the email I received right after signing up for the monthly boxes said my payment is for next month's box. 

I'm just really impressed that something got sent out so fast.  :rotfl:
I signed up using this code, too.  Did it show that you used it in your confirmation email?  Mine doesn't say anything extra and nothing has been shipped out.  Although I guess it says in the email that it will be added to my order, maybe it will come with my July box.

When do they usually ship out their boxes?  Does July ship in June?

It ships within a few days of the first of the month, give or take a few days, depending in the calendar.  So sometimes boxes ship on the 30th, and sometimes they ship on the 2nd.  It is not unusual (although not typical) to receive them on the first.  Mine shipped on the first for several months in a row, and then my June box shipped on May 28th (and then it sat at the post office for several days, but that's a post office thing, not a SquareHue thing).  

It ships within a few days of the first of the month, give or take a few days, depending in the calendar.  So sometimes boxes ship on the 30th, and sometimes they ship on the 2nd.  It is not unusual (although not typical) to receive them on the first.  Mine shipped on the first for several months in a row, and then my June box shipped on May 28th (and then it sat at the post office for several days, but that's a post office thing, not a SquareHue thing).  
Okay, thats why I was curious.  It seemed like June's shipped in May (which it apparently did) and I didn't know if that was normal or not.  Thanks for the info!

I signed up using this code, too.  Did it show that you used it in your confirmation email?  Mine doesn't say anything extra and nothing has been shipped out.  Although I guess it says in the email that it will be added to my order, maybe it will come with my July box.

No, the code didn't show up in the confirmation email. I got 2 boxes from them on Saturday. June's box, plus the Rio one from the month before. I figured that the June box was going to be the "bonus" box and the July one was the official paid first month's box. But after getting the 2 boxes, I'm guessing that June was my official first month. 

I'd say that maybe I signed up earlier than you so they did it this way for me and June was your bonus box. But it looks like you signed up the day after me. 

Or perhaps I joined on shipping day and they decided to do the June box as my first official one and give me Rio as my bonus box. 

Okay, I did just randomly get SquareHue in the mail today.

It was the Rio box.  So the code did work.  That yellow is very... yellow but I like the other two a lot :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It feels like I've been waiting for this box for such a long time! I can't wait for it to come in the mail. I'm hoping for nice, bright summer colors in some fun finishes!

Can anyone tell me when they usually charge for each month? I just got a shipping notice for July, but I canceled on June 7th. I just checked my acccount and it says that they charged me for July on June 6th though. That seems absurdly early though.

I think they charge you on the "anniversary" of when you signed up.  So if you signed up around the 6th of a month, they would charge you on that day every month for the next month.

ETA: Yep, looks from their FAQs that that's how it works:

Once you become a member you are charged for the following month’s shipment – e.g. if ordering in November, you are paying to receive December colors. On the following month and each month thereafter, you will receive an invoice on your subscription date reflecting the following month’s order. Orders are shipped in the first week of each month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also of you pause your account and want to restart it again, you have to do it before your "anniversary" day. I signed up on the 6th (I guess that's a popular day to sign up!), skipped May and then wanted to re-subscribe for July but did so after the 6th. They weren't going to charge me until July 6th (skipping the July box) until I contacted them and they worked everything out!

Once you start getting charged on a particular day that is the only day they will charge you unless you contact them and change it. I actually kind of like this since I know what to expect.

I got my shipping notification and my box left Florida last night. It'll be here Saturday but even that seems so far! Hopefully people on the east coast get theirs tomorrow and post some spoilers on Instagram!

Back