Glossybox Bergdorf Goodman Gift Card Hauls

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Please tell us all about the goodies you purchased (doesn't have to be beauty items specifically) with your giftcards from the May 2014 Bergdorf Goodman Glossyboxes.

You may also use your gift cards at Neiman Marcus.

Remember gift cards expire June 15, 2014!

What's everyone eyeing & buying?  If you didn't get a box or gift card, feel free to join us and let us know what you would buy?   

I had 2 giftcards to spend (debated on trading for more, but decided against it). After putting a ton of makeup on my favorites list, I went the non beauty route and purchased something that I can use to justify my sub box addiction to the hubby... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BGI0AAN_mx.jpg

It was on clearance from $120 so I only paid $4! I hope it fits! It will be here Thursday.

I'm planning on purchasing CHANEL ROUGE COCO SHINE HYDRATING SHEER LIPSHINE or Dior Beauty Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm. I'm so excited!

I had two gift cards, so this $70 supposedly miracle concealer (from reviews) cost me $20.  The reviews said it doesn't settle in lines and that's exactly what I needed.  If it's true it will be worth every penny when I have to pay full price next time.  Fingers crossed!

Screen shot 2014-06-02 at 11.33.34 AM.png

I had the hardest time deciding what the get. I think I have spent more time on what to buy with these GC than my wedding! 

I've already ordered the Hourglass Ambient blush in Luminous Flush and when my next box comes in I'm going to order YSL Volupte Shine #17 Rose in Tension and possibly #5 Rouge in Danger. 

I realllly want the Cle de Peau but I already have the LMdB concealer that is really nice so I'll wait on that.

I had two gift cards, so this $70 supposedly miracle concealer (from reviews) cost me $20.  The reviews said it doesn't settle in lines and that's exactly what I needed.  If it's true it will be worth every penny when I have to pay full price next time.  Fingers crossed!
Oh good choice, I was almost going to go for this concealer myself, but I'm leaning towards Giorgio Armani foundation, once I get color matched.

Oh good choice, I was almost going to go for this concealer myself, but I'm leaning towards Giorgio Armani foundation, once I get color matched.
I'm also considering the GA foundation... I don't know where to go to get matched though. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Is it at Sephora or Ulta? Maybe at Dilliard's? Sigh. Small town problems, no fancy cosmetics counters. 

I'm also considering the GA foundation... I don't know where to go to get matched though. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Is it at Sephora or Ulta? Maybe at Dilliard's? Sigh. Small town problems, no fancy cosmetics counters. 
I'm heading to the Nordstroms in my area, I believe I can get matched there.  I don't think you'll find it at Sephora, I'm not sure about Ulta or Dillard's (I think they carry fragrance only).  Do you have a Macy's near by?

*Well darn my Nordstroms doesn't carry GA makeup in the store. I might try Macy's but I'll probably call them first to confirm. Otherwise, I might be out of luck.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Please let us know how it works for you! 

BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

So excited. Perused BG for days. 

Decided on a Clinique duo eye shadow in twilight mauve/brandied plum. According to color swatches on line it has medium and deep bluish purple colors.  What I received looked like a grayish white and a dusky hint of purple color. I realize computer colors are not exact but this wasn't even close. Checked all the paperwork to see if I was sent something different than what I ordered but the numbers and name of product checked out.

Decided to try it thinking maybe it showed up better on my eyes....huge mistake. There is NO color payoff to these Clinique shadows, I tried building up the color but it wouldn't build. Within an hour, I had no eye shadow on so no staying power either.  Read the return policy and because I tried the shadow I can't return it.  So disappointed. Hate Clinique eye shadow, it is worthless and now I don't have the gift card to get something good.

BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

Decided on a Clinique duo eye shadow in twilight mauve/brandied plum. According to color swatches on line it has medium and deep bluish purple colors.  What I received looked like a grayish white and a dusky hint of purple color. I realize computer colors are not exact but this wasn't even close. Checked all the paperwork to see if I was sent something different than what I ordered but the numbers and name of product checked out.

Decided to try it thinking maybe it showed up better on my eyes....huge mistake. There is NO color payoff to these Clinique shadows, I tried building up the color but it wouldn't build. Within an hour, I had no eye shadow on so no staying power either.  Read the return policy and because I tried the shadow I can't return it.  So disappointed. Hate Clinique eye shadow, it is worthless and now I don't have the gift card to get something good.
That stinks, I'm sorry :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Maybe it would still be worth writing to them? Say maybe you think you got a defective product since it doesn't look like any of the swatches/reviews you've seen?

I got my boxes shipped to my parents' house since I was in the process of moving when I ordered them, so I don't have my gift cards in hand yet (although tracking says 2/3 boxes have been delivered). I think I want an Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush, but I can't decide which colors! It's harder to decide on the powder shades online, and I have nowhere near me to try them out...maybe I'll just get 2 blushes since I think it'll be easier to pick those colors. Also, that won't cost me anything out of pocket, and getting a blush and a powder would cost me a little bit.

BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

I hate that this happened to you! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It must be really frustrating to have gotten yourself all excited about the gift card and trying something new, only to receive a product that wasn't at all like it was pictured on the website. I noticed when browsing BG and NM that their return policy for cosmetics isn't as good as Nordstrom's or Sephora's.  

You could try swapping with another MUT member, or give them a call and let them know how disappointed you are.  They may make a one time exception, since it's totally understandable that the color could look different on their website than it does in person.

This isn't the most exciting purchase, but I ordered a Chantecaille Lip Definer for $24.00, which came to $25.50 with tax.  It's something I needed, so I'm happy! I have another $25 to spend, and have almost convinced myself to put it towards their Save The Bees Palette as an early birthday present.  Decisions, decisions! 

I got my boxes shipped to my parents' house since I was in the process of moving when I ordered them, so I don't have my gift cards in hand yet (although tracking says 2/3 boxes have been delivered). I think I want an Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush, but I can't decide which colors! It's harder to decide on the powder shades online, and I have nowhere near me to try them out...maybe I'll just get 2 blushes since I think it'll be easier to pick those colors. Also, that won't cost me anything out of pocket, and getting a blush and a powder would cost me a little bit.
 Just my two cents, nobody talks about it but Luminous light Hourglass ambient powder is gorgeous! It's my inner glow in a compact. I guess it depends on what you want to use them for. Everyone loves Dim light, and I have it and it's beautiful setting powder. It's not a dramatic change to me though. I have three others as well and for  me the one that makes the biggest difference is the Luminous light. Sweep it across your cheeks and down the nose and chin and it seriously makes me look radiant! 

Just my two cents, nobody talks about it but Luminous light Hourglass ambient powder is gorgeous! It's my inner glow in a compact. I guess it depends on what you want to use them for. Everyone loves Dim light, and I have it and it's beautiful setting powder. It's not a dramatic change to me though. I have three others as well and for  me the one that makes the biggest difference is the Luminous light. Sweep it across your cheeks and down the nose and chin and it seriously makes me look radiant! 
Thanks for the tip! I have pale, cool-toned skin - do you think it would work for me? I'm afraid of getting something too dark/yellow/sparkly...

Thanks for the tip! I have pale, cool-toned skin - do you think it would work for me? I'm afraid of getting something too dark/yellow/sparkly...
It's not sparkly, but glowy. I believe it will work on any skintone just about. I have Incandesant light and it's a little more shimmery. It's definitely not yellow. They are all so gorgeous though. 

This blog is what pushed me to get the LL and I'm so happy with it! This is NOT my blog. Notice how she looks in the picture with flash. That's pretty sure how you will look while under lights. It's gorgeous. Also I think they all look darker in the pan than how they actually are. 

http://www.makeupandmacaroons.com/2013/10/hourglass-ambient-lighting-powder-in.html

It's not sparkly, but glowy. I believe it will work on any skintone just about. I have Incandesant light and it's a little more shimmery. It's definitely not yellow. They are all so gorgeous though. 

This blog is what pushed me to get the LL and I'm so happy with it! This is NOT my blog. Notice how she looks in the picture with flash. That's pretty sure how you will look while under lights. It's gorgeous. Also I think they all look darker in the pan than how they actually are. 

http://www.makeupandmacaroons.com/2013/10/hourglass-ambient-lighting-powder-in.html
Thanks for the link! It does look pretty...such a hard decision!

I just completed my BG haul and my total order is Hourglass Ambient blush in Luminous Flush, YSL Volupte shine #17 Rose in Tension, and YSL Volupte Shine #5 Rouge in Danger. I can't wait for my stuff to get here!!!!! This was my favorite Glossybox ever because I got to shop!!!!! 

Latest posts

Back