Best Brands for Eye Makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
there seems to be alot of talk about MAC on this site. (im new) I've used mac, and like it well enough, but I was just wondering, are there any other brands of makeup (eyemakeup, i dont care about anythign else) that are as good or better than MAC?

and also:

can anyone recommend some eyeshadows that are sortof like, brown, but with a slight irredescence to them? I need both light brown and dark brown. I'm thinking of going out and trying some MAC pretty soon... unless there is something better. I like their mascara though :clap

First of all welcome to MUT!!!:icon_chee

I prefer Stila than Mac!! I believe Stila has better quality of eyeshadows, they're more blendable, and Stila has the best natural shades! The brown shades I like from Stila are Golightly, it's a a dark chocolate brown with shimmers, Java it's a matte dark brown, and Summer a warm brown with some shimmers! But Stila has many browns like Espresso,Barefoot Contessa!

Welcome here!!!

I do love Mac, Stila, Bloom and Shu Uemura. To tell the truth, I heard a lot of good things about Kryolan, Kevyn Aucoin and Ben Nye (other professional make-up brands) too.

Stila and Shu also has great quality of e/s

I like whole neutral shades from Stila.

Shu uemura also has neutral iridescence, pear or metallic type of shades.

I really like Shu's neutral brown and beige shades.

I think MAC is pretty great as far as quality, especially for the price... But the other makeup brands that I do like are

- Milani - available in the US only, PM Greeneyedangel if you want a review, she lives in Canada as well, and I have CPd stuff for her before. Let me know if you need anything...

- Stila - they have great e/s but their color selection isn't even close to MAC's

- Prestige - available in CVS and Eckerds I think in the US and Canada, e/s, l/s, and l/g by them are really good

Brown e/s recs - Milani Sheer Sand e/s, Milani Java Bean e/s, MAC Shroom e/s, MAC Woodwinked, MAC Tempting

Agree...I'll also add Bobbi Brown and Nars to that list...

I tried Kevin Aucoin's line at C.O. Bigelow (I didn't know they carried his line) very impressive...

If you get a chance, go and test the lines and see how they look on you...

Oh, yes, I forgot about BB! I love that brand too. And guess... Nars isn't available in Italy, so I haven't tried anything from them :icon_evil

That sucks Mirtilla...I think it's a very nice line that gets overlooked sometimes...

I use so many different brands! And I love them all :icon_chee .

• Urban Decay make some amazing coloured eye shadows and they're really pigmented.
  • Red Earth a bit hit and miss with their eye shadow, I have some that are really soft and pigmented and some that are a bit harder.
  • Milani their eye shadows and "Luminous" blush are a staple part of my everyday makeup!
  • Sweetscents over 300 shades of pigment eyeshadow, blusher and foundation. It's all made up just for you and the prices are great. I love their eye pigments.
  • Pure Luxe more loose pigments but they do lipsticks and other face stuff, great for samples (they do samples of everything they carry and cost $1-2).
  • The Body Shop the eye shadow Shimmercubes are wonderful! You get absolutely loads of product and they are all really pigmented and soft.
  • Ben Nye very, very concentrated colour but the eye shadows are soft and easy to blend.

This description perfectly describes Milani's Java Bean. Try it, at $3-4, what do you have to lose?

Hi and welcome. I'm pretty new too. :icon_cool

okay

i havnt heard of some of these

dont know if theyre all in canada, or anywhere near me anyways

but i will most certainly keep my eyes out

thanks!

As far as high end, I would have to say the best quality to me that I have tried are Stila and Bobbi Brown. Stila has lots of shimmery shades, and matte, Bobbi Brown has mainly neutrals, but they are so soft, and they have some called Shimmer wash that have shimmer. BB is pretty expensive, but I get a lot of it on ebay cheap.

I have to say Stila.

Although MAC have a fab colour range and the Veluxe Pearls are fab, i think the quality and texture of the Stila shadows is much nicer.

CoverGirl has a Good collectionof what i think you have in mind : CountryWoods. It is one of those eyeenhancers in 4 kits. It has "coffee(this one is Matte) Mink(this one is pearly), Barely Beiege (this one is matte), mocha (this one is pearly).

Hope this helped!

i seem to be developing and attraction to victoria's secret - $11.00 and black opal - $4.00 drug store brand. colors work well for me and last all day.

I love many of brands listed above, but I'll throw in NYX shadows. They have a great color selection and some pretty shimmery shades. It's one of the best for funky colors in the drugstore price-range. :icon_love

Loreal- Nice shades and they are long lasting. They have shimmering shades as well. Almay- they have new eye shadows out. Pretty good.

Latest posts

Back