(Spoilers) Julep July 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So... As I'm sitting here waiting for my June Maven box, what's everyone hoping to see in July? And have you switched to customized boxes?

I would really love to see a holographic polish, a bright pink stardust or a Kermit green glitter. I'm sure none of those will happen, so I'll be happy with some nice summer neons or pastels.

I recently resubscribed so I'm giving them this month to really impress me with the customized boxes.

Based on the past July boxes, we will probably see one glitter for both Canada and the US (last year's Fireworks) or two different glitters (one just red-and-white, one red-white-and-blue) for the two separate Independence Days (2102:  O Canada and America the Beautiful), and it seems like it has been a bonus item that everyone gets (the Canada/US ones were sent out based on which country you are in, but you could add the other one on if you wanted).  I can't decide whether I'm hoping for one or two glitters.  I'll probably skip, though, unless they have a focus on non-creams again because I am *not* a cream person.  Foils, duochromes, and metallics?  I want them all.  Creams?  *So* boring.

(And their anniversary is in July, but that means the August boxes selected in July.)

Since there were NO creams or jellies last month, I'd expect at least a couple this time. 

If they're still trying to unload bottles of America, they might put one in every box. Or maybe just the next mystery box.

I'm getting excited.  I wasn't very moved with June's box so hopefully July will be better.

I just subscribed over Memorial Day weekend so I missed the May window.  So, my next window will open on June 24?  I'm just really unclear on how this all works and their site doesn't make sense to me.  Will I be charged only if I take a box, and do I have the option to skip?  

I just subscribed over Memorial Day weekend so I missed the May window.  So, my next window will open on June 24?  I'm just really unclear on how this all works and their site doesn't make sense to me.  Will I be charged only if I take a box, and do I have the option to skip?  
Welcome! The window will open on June 20th and stay open until 11:59 pm (Seattle time) on the 24th. Since you subscribed after December 2013 you will not be able to skip every month but will earn a skip every 6 months (giving you 2 each year). Some people have had luck calling Julep and asking to skip a month though so you may want to try that if you don't like the choices for a particular month. 

Julep now has tiers with various prices and customization so I don't know what the new default pricing is--the old default was $19.99 but they may move new members to the customizable tier which is $24.99. 

You also earn Jules each month for taking a box that you can use to pay for a box in the future after you have earned a certain amount. The $19.99 boxes get 300 jules and the box costs 2000 jules (I'm not certain the amounts for the $24.99 box). 

Sorry I don't have answers to all your questions but I hope this is a start! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the help!  I'm actually not super impressed with the polishes I got for my free welcome box.  And, my sub is $24 from the looks of it.  I think I might have to cancel my subscription unfortunately, too expensive for what it is. 

Between the maven box and the add ons and the secret store, I got a whole lotta polish in June  :blink: .   So I'll likely be skipping.  I did the customization plan, and loved it.  This was one of the few times I felt that I truly got my money's worth out of  a box, just because it had 3 things I really wanted in it.

I'm trying to think of what they could offer than would make me take the box....it would have to be a non-polish item that I really wanted.  Skincare or lotion, or a bath product would be a nice change up from Julep.

I have a feeling that the product this month will be lip related (most likely lipstick) since they have been talking about it a lot on facebook, etc...although they could be gauging interest for future products. 

I will be down for any non-nail related beauty products. I have all the nail stuff I could possibly need.

I have SO many polishes so they will have to come out with some awesome, unique colors this month. I have two Julep accounts so I'll probably skip one at least, especially after the damage I just did in the sale...whoops!

Neon glitters please!! Assuming they don't cancel the $16/3 month deal I did then I have to take my box since I have no skip privileges so I hope there's something good. I'm also hoping for the washed out neon looking colors that are trendy right now. 

I'm still betting on mascara to appear any month now.

Neon glitters please!! Assuming they don't cancel the $16/3 month deal I did then I have to take my box since I have no skip privileges so I hope there's something good. I'm also hoping for the washed out neon looking colors that are trendy right now.

I'm still betting on mascara to appear any month now.
My dream summer collection would be a washed out neon collection - I'd for sure upgrade!

I have enough jules for a free box, and since July is my birthday month I hope its a good one! I would love a really fun bright glitter- neon or just bright fun pink or even turquoise.

Mostly I just hope I like the colors.  I really wasnt a fan of the June colors- I would have totally gone for them in September, but not June.

I have this thing for nudes with holo and or glitter - like cynthia but different/better - maybe like reese in a nude - (love cynthia - no hate there).  Zoya has a new sandy pixie that I keep staring at.  I'd love to see something like that from Julep plus a bunch of beachy, mermaidy colors - liked that idea from the boards last month. Or even sand and surf.  

IDK - I think you are right that we will see cremes (not a problem as I like them too).  

The beach bag promo  that they have today is cute.

Latest posts

Back