-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo
- - - - -

Are You New to Memebox?

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#Post 21 of 171 OFFLINE   Lorna ljblog

Lorna ljblog

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts
  • Joined 04-June 13
Reviews

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

Memebox Terminology

Confused with all the Korean makeup and beauty terminologies? Here's an easy dictionary to guide you through the makeup jungle!

Ampoule: Ampoules are similar to intensive treatment serums, mostly used to repair damaged skin by the sun and other external stressors.

CC Cream: The CC in CC Creams can stand for a lot of things. It can stand for Color Changing, Color Correcting, Complexion Corrector and etc. But, the most important thing to remember is that it is a class of a BB Cream/foundation with a lighter feel and lighter coverage. It gives the look of naturally good and glowing skin.

Emulsion: Emulsions are similar to moisturizers except that they tend to be a little more light weight and liquidy in texture. They are usually used as the last step during the skin care routine for normal to oily skin, or used before a hydrating cream for dry skin.

Essence: Essences are viscous liquids usually used after toner and before emulsion. They are used to prep and condition the skin for better emulsion and moisturizer absorption.

Peeling Gel: Peeling gels are used to exfoliate dead skin cells. Massage the gel into your skin, and you will see and feel little balls of dead skin forming on your face! Super gross but super cool.

ok i can't edit this ,as i think the @Director may of pinned or something. 

anyway 

when looking at KOREAN COSMETICS in say the boxes please be aware that this means skincare, moisturisers,creams,BB AND CC creams, toners,essences,and all the above in this post,please don't ASSUME  it is what we all think as in make-up. it is not. koreans class this as as an overall term. for instance make up memeboxes are usually themed, e.g.- make up edition,-make up superbox, banilla,etude house,holika holika,10 minute box.tony moly,and the 2 burst of colour boxes .

i thought it should just be added here in the newbie thread incase people were a little unsure. and makes it a little clearer to you all.

also please ask the members if unsure we have all been around to work out which boxes are usually a good one or not so sure,we all give a good idea and are here to help out , cause we love to chat about memebox.

• biancardi, ellabella10 and Theblondeangel like this

#Post 22 of 171 OFFLINE   Director

Director

Obsessed

• Administrators
  • 22,580 posts
  • Joined 22-October 03
Reviews

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:42 PM

@Lorna ljblog you can't edit because the system only allow edits for 24 hours for regular members.  send me the complete text and I can update it.

thanks

facebook-projectmgr2.png

Need Help? Hit our Tech Support Forums

#Post 23 of 171 OFFLINE   Lorna ljblog

Lorna ljblog

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts
  • Joined 04-June 13
Reviews

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

@Lorna ljblog you can't edit because the system only allow edits for 24 hours for regular members.  send me the complete text and I can update it.

thanks

that is fine it is only what i wrote down here as i see some new embers getting a little confused over cosmetics as a whole in korean terms as to make up.

• LuxxyLuxx likes this

#Post 24 of 171 OFFLINE   Gogigirl

Gogigirl

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Joined 20-May 14
Reviews

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

I haven't ordered a Luckybox yet, does anyone know how they chose the products that go in them? I'm a little afraid of repeat products.

Luckyboxes contains a selection of producs from past memeboxes and luckyboxes. I got the #5 as my first box and I
Love it. It was a good start and got me hooked. I also really like the Memebox From Nature. I' m using all of the producs from these two boxes. Don' t be afraid to try them they a good value.

I´m a 40 year danish woman. I speak danish, spanish, catalan and english.

Instagram: CNBG74

#Post 25 of 171 OFFLINE   Kait1989

Kait1989

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 23-June 14
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

Hello Ladies!
I have been reading some of your spoilers and hauls for Memebox and even saw the addiction thread and thought "that won't be me" I just want to buy 1 box and see how I personally like the products.
Well I placed my first Memebox order today and instead of the 1 box I had planned on getting I have somehow ended up with 6!!!
The best laid plans and all.....
Worst thing is if I could still get the Tony Moly box I would've bought even more!
I'm hoping the novelty wears off after a couple of months?!?
  • paradoxnerd, LuxxyLuxx, Gogigirl and 2 others like this

#Post 26 of 171 OFFLINE   latinafeminista

latinafeminista

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Joined 07-March 13
Reviews

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

New to memebox as well so thanks for this thread.  I'm new to Korean skincare, including BB creams and such.  Do they make these tinted products for medium to tan skintones? I'd like to know before I order as that is what I"m most interested in trying.  TIA!

• Yingtaobang and Theblondeangel like this

#Post 27 of 171 OFFLINE   Lorna ljblog

Lorna ljblog

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts
  • Joined 04-June 13
Reviews

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

New to memebox as well so thanks for this thread.  I'm new to Korean skincare, including BB creams and such.  Do they make these tinted products for medium to tan skintones? I'd like to know before I order as that is what I"m most interested in trying.  TIA!

many BB creams are dark for me ,think ghost white thats me, and the asian girls seem to be ok with there boxes ,sorry if that offended wasn't trying to pick a certain type of person out , i have been lucky in that koreans seem to have pale skin and i have found some lovely anaemic BB creams that i can't get in the uk, don't worry you don't get one in each box ,but there are some cult BB creams that people love at it suits them and rush and buy the boxes liked naked when they pop up in, i would read my post in the general meme thread i quoted you in and go with the flow, if you are not really to fussy  and open to new things I'm sure we will help you out on thoughts on limited or super boxes for sale if you not sure , and yes i have a few boxes.

• latinafeminista, veritazy and LuxxyLuxx like this

#Post 28 of 171 OFFLINE   veritazy

veritazy

honest ranter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • Joined 07-March 14
Reviews

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

@Lorna ljblog lol anaemic bb cream. you worded that pretty well. I am going to try that hanskin one soon.Heard good things about it.  ;) 

| instagram | my blog |~Memebox Shipping Schedule + bonuses~| Memebox Contents list |

❤reviews on asian skincare and memeboxes (mostly)❤

#Post 29 of 171 OFFLINE   Lorna ljblog

Lorna ljblog

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts
  • Joined 04-June 13
Reviews

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

@Lorna ljblog lol anaemic bb cream. you worded that pretty well. I am going to try that hanskin one soon.Heard good things about it.  ;)

the hanskin is still a little too dark i thin it down with moisturiser ,the best one has been the bling bling one 

• veritazy likes this

#Post 30 of 171 OFFLINE   LuxxyLuxx

LuxxyLuxx

♥ ☼ ♥ ☼ ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Joined 22-April 14
Reviews

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:25 PM

many BB creams are dark for me ,think ghost white thats me, and the asian girls seem to be ok with there boxes ,sorry if that offended wasn't trying to pick a certain type of person out , i have been lucky in that koreans seem to have pale skin and i have found some lovely anaemic BB creams that i can't get in the uk, don't worry you don't get one in each box ,but there are some cult BB creams that people love at it suits them and rush and buy the boxes liked naked when they pop up in, i would read my post in the general meme thread i quoted you in and go with the flow, if you are not really to fussy  and open to new things I'm sure we will help you out on thoughts on limited or super boxes for sale if you not sure , and yes i have a few boxes.

LOL @ anaemic BB creams

• veritazy likes this

#Post 31 of 171 OFFLINE   veritazy

veritazy

honest ranter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • Joined 07-March 14
Reviews

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

the hanskin is still a little too dark i thin it down with moisturiser ,the best one has been the bling bling one 

good tip. I will tone it down with my Nabi CC cream from Holika Holika (its white).

| instagram | my blog |~Memebox Shipping Schedule + bonuses~| Memebox Contents list |

❤reviews on asian skincare and memeboxes (mostly)❤

#Post 32 of 171 OFFLINE   Lorna ljblog

Lorna ljblog

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts
  • Joined 04-June 13
Reviews

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

they said they have been getting friends to post there links, and using office work computers to share too. i not sure to be honest , i know they were asking for certain affiliates ip addresses and info , i know 2 bloggers who were on you tube no longer seem to be getting the free boxes and there reviews have dried up on the boxes there not all happy happy either. they did admit on a forum that they had been removed for underhand attics, so who knows . i think it stemmed  when every one was reviewing boxes on the website yet not even shipped as well.i know it was washed over.but its easy to find someones ip address and if they are using multiples.,i know one blogger has her affiliate banner on her blog and her friend has copied it onto her blog as well.

#Post 33 of 171 OFFLINE   Imberis

Imberis

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Joined 10-May 13
Reviews

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:14 AM

Thanks for the information. I've been looking at memebox for a while and finally decided to just go with it and get some!

• flushblush and marjojojoleintje like this

#Post 34 of 171 OFFLINE   Yingtaobang

Yingtaobang

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 06-October 12
Reviews

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

New to memebox as well so thanks for this thread. I'm new to Korean skincare, including BB creams and such. Do they make these tinted products for medium to tan skintones? I'd like to know before I order as that is what I"m most interested in trying. TIA!

I'm sorry I count help but notice your screen name and Power to our women!! lol Spanish is my native language :P welcome to the memebox madness!
  • latinafeminista likes this

#Post 35 of 171 OFFLINE   latinafeminista

latinafeminista

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Joined 07-March 13
Reviews

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

I'm sorry I count help but notice your screen name and Power to our women!! lol Spanish is my native language :P welcome to the memebox madness!

awesome, i love it! Si se puede! 

#Post 36 of 171 OFFLINE   marjojojoleintje

marjojojoleintje

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Joined 14-June 14
Reviews

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

So everytime I'm looking at the pictures of people and try to read their name to see who's talking.... and finally after a few days I slap myself in the face... I kept thinking that Buff whas constantly changing her picture xD there is no Buff xD

Silly me! xD hahaha

• Imberis, sarap, flushblush and 2 others like this

BLOG & Memebox Overview ♡ TwitterInstagramYoutube ♡

I'm Marjolein, I'm a Memeshopaholic and I've bought 124 Memeboxes and more!
Memebox unboxings & Memeshop product hauls and more!
XoXo your MemeImperialHighness 

#Post 37 of 171 OFFLINE   flushblush

flushblush

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Joined 17-January 14
Reviews

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

@marjojojoleintje LOL, I thought that too, for a sec!

• marjojojoleintje and marliepanda like this

#Post 38 of 171 OFFLINE   marjojojoleintje

marjojojoleintje

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Joined 14-June 14
Reviews

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

@marjojojoleintje LOL, I thought that too, for a sec!

hahah :P cool!

BLOG & Memebox Overview ♡ TwitterInstagramYoutube ♡

I'm Marjolein, I'm a Memeshopaholic and I've bought 124 Memeboxes and more!
Memebox unboxings & Memeshop product hauls and more!
XoXo your MemeImperialHighness 

#Post 39 of 171 OFFLINE   emilylithium

emilylithium

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Joined 07-January 14
Reviews

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

I'm new to memebox, I am wondering if someone could explain how the point system works? And how the promos work?

Thanks!

#Post 40 of 171 OFFLINE   Lorna ljblog

Lorna ljblog

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts
  • Joined 04-June 13
Reviews

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

I'm new to memebox, I am wondering if someone could explain how the point system works? And how the promos work?

Thanks!

the points work by using then for money off boxes 1 point is $1,

you can get points by-

when memebox do a cock up they award you with points,

they send you special offers

they feel generous and put in points for 48 hours only or weekend or week, 

they put up new boxes and if you buy them you get 5 points back for buying,

they use to give them up for joining,

they use to give them when we referred people,

you get points for surveys and reviews.

you get points as and when the wind blows if memebox fancy it.

there are are many ways you get points.

PROMOS

these are either on the memebox site or coupon sites, these vary in price, usually more letters than numbers,and use words more,

all codes can only be used once, 

blogger codes, these are on blogs,instagram,youtube etc memebox send out specific codes as thank you to bloggers and they pass onto there readers,

generally u can only use one code a month and once only,so you can't say find 10 bloogers codes and use them all in one month they come up as invalid,

thats the general gist of it , but they are changing all the time the rules at memebox,

no blogger afliate codes to be posted on this forum either .

• 2,323,287 Posts
  • 109,581 Members
  • 18,571 Reviews
  • 54,001 Albums