• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Jayeme's Summerswap list!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayeme

"There's no substitute for glitter!&q
Reaction score
***I'm sorry this is so crazy long, but I hope it helps you!****

Hello! Thank you so much for the gift you are preparing! I'm sure I'll appreciate whatever it is :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Keep in mind, even the specific items are a general guideline, especially if they are expensive ones - like, I don't expect that you'll buy me the UD Electric Palette, but I hear that Coastal Scents has a much cheaper palette with brightly-colored, high-quality matte shadows. And I really want to try the Too Faced Melted lipsticks, but I hear the LA Girl Glazed lip paints are as good or better....You get the idea! Maybe you know a drugstore dupe that I don't? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So here's what you should know:

My favorite color is purple, and I generally look better in cool toned colors in general (though I certainly don't exclude all warmer colors, not at all!). I really want a cool-toned purple blush, but haven't found a good one yet, so if you know one, that would be amazing! My other favorite color is teal (think, like, Lorac afterGlo palette color). But it is a far second to purples, from palest lilac to deepest plum.

I am a sucker for nice packaging and presentation. If a product works but looks ugly/cheap, sometimes I find it hard to be excited about it. Unless it works really really fantastically, then it's worth it!

Oh, and if I happen to get someone with access to certain European brands (Catrice, Kiko, Flormar, Collection, a few others) either by travelling during the time of this swap or some other way, let me know through a roadie - that would be amazing, and I would have a totally different beauty wishlist! 

Dislikes: The color orange, yellow, loose powder products, bronzer, citrus scented things, salt spray/texturizing hair products, 

Eyes: I have way too much mascara and black eyeliner, but I can never have enough eyeshadow, and colored eyeliners would be exciting! Like I said above, something similar to UD Electric would be great. I am also seeking a really nice, dark, matte black single eyeshadow that I could use for a softer liner look. I have some in palettes but I would like a shade like this in single form. I also like rose gold type colors.

Face: Purple blush! I have also been lusting over a lot of blush palettes lately. Sleek Blush By 3 are some good ones; I have Pink Sprint and Sweet Cheeks, but Pink Lemonade and California have been calling my name. Cream blushes and powder blushes are equally good in my book. I have also really been wanting to try Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders and Ambient Lighting Blush. Actually, if you have any favorite finishing powder or pressed powder, I'd like to try it. I am pretty pale so the lightest shade is usually a good bet (or if it's a translucent powder, that's cool). I have somewhat oily skin, but if it's just a finishing powder that does mattify, that's okay, I can still dust my mattifying powder in my T-zone. I am also living in a crazy hot and humid place right now, and anything -- primer, setting spray, whatever -- that can help keep my makeup on my face in the middle of summer would be amazing! 

Lips: I am a lip product junkie for sure. Lipsticks, glosses, stains, whatever, I love them all and have tons of them. Purples, cool-toned pinks (bright or neutral), and cool-toned reds are my favorites (but I wear all colors). Matte or glossy, drugstore or high end - I want to try your favorites! I have been wanting to try MAC lipsticks and Lipstick Queen lipsticks (this one is an idea if you want to do your shopping on Birchbox! I know they have a few products from the line). I have also been wanting an OCC lip tar mini in blue or a cool toned purple - I recently traded for NSFW and Anime minis and would like to be able to mix up cooler-toned shades. I have also been really curious about trying the Too Faced lipsticks - both the Melted liquid lipsticks and the La Creme formula (So Berry Sexy totally looks like my color!). I really like Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks, and I know there were minis of some shades floating around - I have 69 and Anarchy, but if you have a mini of another shade in your stash, I'd love to try it! Oh, and if you want a Birchbox idea, I've been considering getting the Smashbox lipstick in Primrose (but check the points hauls thread first...I might cave!) and Besame lipsticks in any colors other than Dusty Rose and Besame Red (which I already have).

Tools: I can always use more brushes! Any kind, really. I would sort of like a retractable lip brush. (I know there's one on sale on Birchbox, if that's where you're shopping.) Oh, and I am looking for a favorite kind of blotting papers - I have been using elf, and they're okay, but I don't love them. 

Fragrance: If you have any Folle de Joie samples, send 'em my way! I am also open to any samples or minis, really - I almost never buy perfume, preferring to just have a whole bunch of samples to choose from. (But I'd totally buy Folle de Joie if it were cheaper.) (In fact, I may buy it anyway. I can't afford it, but maybe if I can save my BB points for awhile and use a code.....) (But still, send me samples if you have them!) Oh, and I caught a whiff of the Pacifica Island Vanilla (or whatever it's called) rollerball in Ulta today and really liked it! I also like those body mists from Bath & Body Works. Any scents, just no citrus. I definitely like the Sweet Pea scent.

Nails: I am not super into nail polish. Only paint my nails about once a month. When I do, though, I like pastels, or super bright summery colors. Not that into glitter or different finishes. I would really like to try a good base coat (my nail polish peels way too easily) or a quick drying top coat, if you have a favorite. 

Bath & body: I'm not really that into bath/body stuff...I do like hand creams, though. And I like Caldrea stuff. Also, Bath & Body Works hand sanitizer.

Hair: I have thick, wavy hair. It's frizzy and I like smoothing serums/oils/creams. I would also be interested in trying curling products to coax some better-defined curls out of this wavy, frizzy mess! 

Skin: I am always trying and failing to find my perfect skincare routine! I have combination skin and the occasional zit. Got ideas for me? I'd love to try them out! No sensitive skin. I am especially looking for good masks, toners, and serums. Oh! And I'd really like to try micellar waters! I used to use the L'Oreal one when I lived in Germany and I liked the concept, but they don't sell it here and I have been afraid to shell out to try a high-end one. 

Food: I don't really like sweets, and I am a vegetarian,  and kind of picky about some other things as well, so food may not be the best thing to get me...Sorry! I do like wine and cheese, but those things do not travel well in the mail. Also beer. Is it even possible to send beer in the mail?

Accessories: I like scarves, necklaces, sometimes bracelets. I have pierced ears but don't usually wear earrings. I have fat fingers so it's hard to buy rings. I don't really wear any hair accessories, but I have been thinking I'd like some cute bobby pins; I frequently wear a plain one to keep my side bangs back.

Other: My apartment is decorated with cool maps and postcards. I'd love it if you could send at least a postcard or two my way! Anything's fair game - art postcards, tourist cards, ad cards, whatever. I also read a lot, and love books about travel (sensing a theme here?). I also like dystopian science fiction and (guilty pleasure time) paranormal romance type books. I have only a CD player and no iPod hookup in my car, so if you wanted to make me a mix CD of your favorite songs, I'd love that! I also just moved into a new apartment and don't have much stuff yet, so really any kind of cute home-type stuff would be nice. I like candles; floral scents are my favorites in this department. Or anything else that I can just set somewhere and have it smell nice. Like, those wall plug in things maybe? Idk. But I am too lazy to spray air freshener type things. I want it to smell without me spraying it!

If you have any other questions, just send a roadie I guess! Thanks so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back