Fresh-Faced With Nude Lip

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
28u0dxl.png

Just thought I'd share my more natural everyday makeup. Winged eyeliner has become my staple for eyes, but it's good to go back to basics sometimes. Added bonus, nothing used in this look cost me over $10 dollars! 

Base: Hard Candy CC Correction Creme in Fair, Hard Candy Glamoflage in Fair (for concealing and eyelid priming), Homemade Powdered Foundation

Cheeks: e.l.f. Contouring Blush and Bronzer, e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip in Peach Petal

Eyes: Elizabeth Arden Pallet in Moonbeam, Cameo, and Gilded Sand, Maybelline Precise Liner, Be A Bombshell Lash Out Mascara, Cherimoya Fireworks Mascara

Brows: Ofra Universal Brow Pencil

Lips: EOS Lip Balm in Sweet Mint, e.l.f. Matte Lip Color in Nearly Nude, NYX Buttergloss in Creme Brulee

I just love peachy, dewy, nude lips and the Creme Brulee gloss from my May Glambag is perfect over the lipsticks I already have.

Do you guys like nude lip colors? If so, what are your favorites?

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks good on you! I think I have that elf lip color. It looks horrid with my skintone. I'm just boring and wear a sheer pink or chapstick usually. I'm a creature of habit. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@biancardi Thank you! <3

I bet if you shopped around you could find a nude lip color that would work for you. What's your skin tone like; how fair are you and what is your undertone? I'm lucky enough to have a neutral pink-ish undertone so I don't really have to worry about warm tones or cool tones in my lipsticks; but that could be affecting their wearability for you if you have a more polarized undertone? I'm just guessing here, I kind of just put them on my face and say "screw it."  :lol:

@@Esthylove Aw, thanks hon!

If it's what you're comfortable with, then it's not boring. I encourage experimentation because it can be fun, but it's about what you like. I had two Cliique chubby sticks for awhile (until my carry-around makeup pouch got stolen u __u ) and they provide a really nice range of sheer and moisturizing color. The Covergirl and Revlon balms are good dupe for them and I like them just fine.

@pokeballssohard  I am a pale-medium with yellow undertones - Mac NW20 - my lips are not that pigmented either :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

If I do a nude look, it is just because I didn't put anything on my lips - lol

@@biancardi Hm, I have heard it's harder to find nude lip colors that match yellow undertones because it can wash you out. Maybe a tinted lip balm like Sugar Rose to give your lips more color before applying? And going with pink/peachy shades might help? I really like the e.l.f. Studio Lip Definer and Shaper and my roommate with a yellow undertone uses without issue. 

Lol. I've actually used a light application of concealer over a layer of lip balm before, so anything is possible. Natural lips are beautiful too!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@biancardi Thank you! <3

I bet if you shopped around you could find a nude lip color that would work for you. What's your skin tone like; how fair are you and what is your undertone? I'm lucky enough to have a neutral pink-ish undertone so I don't really have to worry about warm tones or cool tones in my lipsticks; but that could be affecting their wearability for you if you have a more polarized undertone? I'm just guessing here, I kind of just put them on my face and say "screw it."  :lol:

@@Esthylove Aw, thanks hon!

If it's what you're comfortable with, then it's not boring. I encourage experimentation because it can be fun, but it's about what you like. I had two Cliique chubby sticks for awhile (until my carry-around makeup pouch got stolen u __u ) and they provide a really nice range of sheer and moisturizing color. The Covergirl and Revlon balms are good dupe for them and I like them just fine.
I will have to try those! I'd rather go with the cheaper stuff since I'm not sure if I can handle it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back