Birchbox Man July 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww, I'm actually kind of sad that it got fixed!  It reminded me of some sort of whacked-out cross between Borscht Belt comedians and the Swedish Chef.  It made me smile every time I saw it.  I *really* needed to smile today.

My husband's shipped too, and I really hope he gets the razor and soap dish from the spoiler video!

Well my hubby said he'd be interested in BB Man if I gave it to him as a gift, our next gift giving event is our anniversary, which is 6 months away. I will probably give him a 3 month sub to see how he likes it. He said he's interested in hair styling stuff and manly smelling moisturizers (he currently uses mine)!

My husband has been enjoying these but he seemed very unimpressed with the sneak peek this month. Who knows, he might actually have enough favorite grooming products that hes burning out on BBMan. haha. Gotta say though, I have been enjoying watching him learn and experiment with these products. I hope he finds something to enjoy this month!

Boxes updated!

My husband is getting box 6: https://www.birchbox.com/men/box/july-2014/july-2014-bb6

I went through the other possibilities and I think this is the best box for him (even though he really liked the soap dish for some reason and didn't want a razor...I don't understand.)  Plus it's 7 items!  POINTS FOR ME! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Edit: Apparently he already has the aftershave lotion.  And he won't use the shampoo/conditioner.  So maybe not the best box.  Oh well, the only reason we got this one was because we didn't cancel it in time!  And it's still 7 items! Yay!

Last edited by a moderator:
My husband's box was updated today, shipped on the 23rd. While the box page says "your July products," the direct link is box one from June. And his products don't show up in any July boxes. I'm assuming this is an error, as it would be 2 dupes AND a recycled Birchbox.

My husband isnt getting the razor or the soap dish- DOUBLE BOO! I was actually hoping he would get the razor because he could use a nice one.  He is getting No 4 shampoo/conditioner (WHY ARE THEY SO OBSESSED WITH NUMBER 4?!), boxers (?!), Coola (AGAIN, WHY THE OBSESSION?!?), english laundrt cologne (which he wont use) and the clinique for men sunscreen.

Boo.

My husband isnt getting the razor or the soap dish- DOUBLE BOO! I was actually hoping he would get the razor because he could use a nice one.  He is getting No 4 shampoo/conditioner (WHY ARE THEY SO OBSESSED WITH NUMBER 4?!), boxers (?!), Coola (AGAIN, WHY THE OBSESSION?!?), english laundrt cologne (which he wont use) and the clinique for men sunscreen.

Boo.
My bf's box shows this today, but yesterday it showed a completely different box that included a wallet I was excited for him to get. The box that showed up for July yesterday is now showing as the June box, but that isn't what he received in June. I am thoroughly confused! I'm disappointed that he won't receive the wallet, but I'm definitely swiping his Coola after-sun lotion now! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

[qote name=button6004" post="2230679" timestamp="1403701328]My husband isnt getting the razor or the soap dish- DOUBLE BOO! I was actually hoping he would get the razor because he could use a nice one.  He is getting No 4 shampoo/conditioner (WHY ARE THEY SO OBSESSED WITH NUMBER 4?!), boxers (?!), Coola (AGAIN, WHY THE OBSESSION?!?), english laundrt cologne (which he wont use) and the clinique for men sunscreen.

Boo.

Man, that sounds like my husband's dream box. He did get the razor, and it probably won't be used as he switched to a safety razor. If your husband is up for a swap, we'd be more than glad to help him out.

Sidenote, I'm not a huge fan of the gender neutral samples. We both seem to get them in the same month. It never fails, less review points for us! So, he got No4 this month, I guess I'm due, eh?

[qote name=button6004" post="2230679" timestamp="1403701328]My husband isnt getting the razor or the soap dish- DOUBLE BOO! I was actually hoping he would get the razor because he could use a nice one.  He is getting No 4 shampoo/conditioner (WHY ARE THEY SO OBSESSED WITH NUMBER 4?!), boxers (?!), Coola (AGAIN, WHY THE OBSESSION?!?), english laundrt cologne (which he wont use) and the clinique for men sunscreen.

Boo.
Man, that sounds like my husband's dream box. He did get the razor, and it probably won't be used as he switched to a safety razor. If your husband is up for a swap, we'd be more than glad to help him out.

Sidenote, I'm not a huge fan of the gender neutral samples. We both seem to get them in the same month. It never fails, less review points for us! So, he got No4 this month, I guess I'm due, eh?
I will see what he thinks when it gets here, but he may be up for that!

Just looked to see what's in my hubby's box.

image.jpg

Went ahead and did all the reviews and canceled.

I'm not to impressed, this month.

I think he will like the box, but I don't think it's worth $20 a month.

I would love to get him a monthly box, but it has to be affordable or an incredible value for the price and this month is not worth it.

I did like it was a 6 item box.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll be canceling too this month. I don't see the value in it for us for $20/month.  Plus my husband really wants to try out Wet Shave Club, which is $20/month and sends out different soaps to try, which is really what he wants apparently.

The Newgistics tracking says my box was accepted at my local post office on 6/25. When I put the number into the tracker on usps.com, it says electronic shipping info. received on 6/24. Nothing after that. Anyway, it hasn't been delivered.

Back