Dry Lips

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For the past few months, my lips have been chapping like crazy. I slather on vaseline every living second and use lip scrubs but it's still a big problem. I used to wear bright lipsticks but now I can't because of how dry my lips will get. Any tips?

Last edited by a moderator:
Vaseline is a barrier, so that won't help your lips.  Any lip balm out there in the market will work (drug store brand or high end brand). Whatever brand you choose,  just give it at least 5 days for it to match your lips' pH level for positive results. Good luck.

Vaseline won't get absorbed into the skin. Bees wax can also be drying. I've been using the new silver Chapstick brand one and I love it. It goes on thick and stays on all night while I'm sleeping.

I have 3 favorites you might find helpful, Rosebud Salve, Chapstick 8 Hour Hydration and 29 Cosmetics Lip Treatment in Wine Blot. Avoid menthol, euculyptus, peppermint, anything that tingles or says medicated.

I have 3 favorites you might find helpful, Rosebud Salve, Chapstick 8 Hour Hydration and 29 Cosmetics Lip Treatment in Wine Blot. Avoid menthol, euculyptus, peppermint, anything that tingles or says medicated.
Oh I think the chapstick 8 hour one is what mine was called! i couldn't remember the name!

My favs that work are Burt's Bees, Rosebud Salve, and Balea.

Also medicated lip balms should be used in a temporary manner, for example, during a cold sore flare up, or if you have a cut lip. However, using Burt's Bees on a cut or split lip works perfect.

I find other lip balms too slippery for cut / split lips. If you have stitches, apply the lip balm using a lip brush very carefully around the sutures. (For all you full-contact female athletes out there).

Dear, such type of problems occur when our body gets dehydrated. So, drink enough water in a day. 10 glasses of water is mandatory for everyone to drink. Eat more green vegetables and fruits. When we eat healthy it looks outside.

Loss of moisture in lip is called chapped lips. The loss of oils may also cause due to the exposure of sun, cold dry winds or even repeated lickings. The best way to get rid of dry lips is Vaseline or a good quality lip balm. 

I think this is due to our body condition.Take lots of liquids every day like fresh cucumber juice,papaya juice, avacado etc etc.I think this will help you.

Honestly, the best lip moisturiser I've ever used is Lucas Papaw Ointment. It's an all round miracle worker (everyone I've ever spoken to about it hails it as liquid gold). Makes lips feel amazing and moisturised, works on burns and scars, if you get a breakout just pop some on and it will be gone much sooner than usual! And it's all natural :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I seriously can't live without the stuff, there's tubes of it lying everywhere in my house. I'm not sure about it's availability in the States or UK as it is an Australian product but if you can find some, definitely give it a go :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For the past few months, my lips have been chapping like crazy. I slather on vaseline every living second and use lip scrubs but it's still a big problem. I used to wear bright lipsticks but now I can't because of how dry my lips will get. Any tips?
Hi, 

• Simply apply pure organic honey on your chapped lips several times a day. 
  • You can also make a paste of honey and glycerin and apply it before going to bed to enjoy softer lips in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
The product that I have the best luck with is Carmex for my dry lips.  I love how it makes my lips tingle and it feels like they are deeply conditioned.

Hi,You can make a paste of honey and glycerin and apply it before going to bed to enjoy softer lips in the morning.

In my own experience, Vaseline can just make it worse. My personal favorite is Dr Lipp, the original lip balm range is good at soothing and generally covering up chapped lips :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Chapped lips could also mean you're somewhat dehydrated, so drink plenty of water and nourish yourself too!

I am from Mexico and I spent the whole winter in New York, so my lips resented the change and chipped like crazy, they were almost frost bitten. Anyway, I tried  the EOS chapstick and totally loved it, I applied it whenever I needed it and also before going to bed, after taking a long hot shower. Problem solved and I totally made it part of my skin care routine! 

Latest posts

Back