New to the skin care game

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. I am 32 and other than moisturizer and SPF I know nothing about skin care. I've tried figuring it out on my own but there are soooo many products that I find it very overwhelming. No one else in my family is really into makeup or skin care so I can't really get advice from them. I'm 32 (late to the game, I know) I have combination skin. Normal to a bit dry except for my t zone, which has larger pores. Not huge but I would love to shrink them. Any help? As of now I basically wash my face and use a moisturizer. Any brands or just general info to narrow down the skin care aisles would help. Thanks.

Hi there! I hate to say it but short of laser treatments your pores are there to stay :scared: I too am "blessed" with large pores and have used quite a few products. In truth if the pore is clear then that's the size it will stay. Pore fillers are the best way to "fix" this.

The most important (IMO) is the SPF!! So great job on that one!! Do you have any other specific concerns?

Unfortunately I don't know enough to have any specific concerns. Maybe anti aging? I do have some redness but I'm able to cover it with makeup for the most part. I guess I'm just looking for a morning and nighttime routine. Right now I'm just washing and moisturizing. Is there something else I should be doing? Toners? Oils? Also, if y'all recommend any of these things I need to know in what order to use them. I am quite clueless. Thanks.

First of all welcome to the skin care game haha and I agree with Sarap the SPF is also very important in my opinion and try to find a Sunscreen With Zinc Oxide.

As for routines I'm not too sure about, I am more knowledgeable in treating already damaged skin but I hope you don't get to that point. 

Again focus on your sunscreen and try to find one with Moisturizer to maintain your skin healthy and radiant. 

The best advice I can give for nonspecific products is layer lightest to heaviest, for example I use:

Face wash

Toner

Liquid exfoliant

Acne treatment (benzoyl peroxide)

Serum

Moisturizer

Eye cream

It seems like you have good skin to begin with, I wouldn't over complicate your skin care unless you have a area that is going south lol! Moisture and spf are the most important.

Hi there! I hate to say it but short of laser treatments your pores are there to stay :scared: I too am "blessed" with large pores and have used quite a few products. In truth if the pore is clear then that's the size it will stay. Pore fillers are the best way to "fix" this.

The most important (IMO) is the SPF!! So great job on that one!! Do you have any other specific concerns?
I like that pore minimizer from Sephora, it's called Dr, something. I can't remember what the name is, but I makes mine almost invisible under my makeup! It comes in a grey tube. But that's all I remember. LOL

Just because there are millions of products out there doesn't mean you have to use all of them straight off the bat. Since it's new to you start off slow, you don't want to shock your skin with a bunch of products. Start off with cleansing, toning and moisturizing and then exfoliating once or twice a week. Advice I give to everyone is change your pillow case every 2-3 days, I swear by this! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  There are a lot of ladies on here that can help with advice! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

skin care does not mean to use too much products or daily makeup....

I suggest to use natural herbal products or home made remedies only...

these are best to have healthy and soft skin...

Well, in this case, I would say better to go for skincare home remedies. Try tomato as it works as a natural cleanser. Cut it into two halves and rub it on your skin. Rinse it off after 15-20 minutes. You can also apply cucumber juice and fuller's earth on your face once a week. Rest if you want to go for any product, use Lifecell Skin Wrinkle cream as it has no side-effects and starts showing the signs within 17 seconds after the application.

Try tomato as it works as a natural cleanser. Cut it into two halves and rub it on your skin. Rinse it off after 15-20 minutes. You can also apply cucumber juice and fuller's earth on your face once a week.
really good skin care tips... also better if you mix lemon juice with cucumber juice....

Latest posts

Back