Book Club box - Does it exist?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wasn't really sure where to post this, but this section seemed like a good fit.

My question is this:  Are there any sort of book club type subscriptions out there?  For example, they send you a book and maybe a snack or something that goes along with the theme of the book?  Does anyone remember how Cravebox did that a few times?  I received "How I Came to Sparkle Again" and I loved it.  They sent along (if memory serves me) 3 or so different snack packets to go along with it.  It was a neat idea, but I've searched and searched and I can't come up with anything.  If anyone knows of something like this, please let me know.  I'm an avid reader and binge read more than I'd like to admit.  I need new books!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
There is Indiespensable from Powell's, they send out a book (signed first edition) every 6 weeks or so (it's announced beforehand on their website) and some snacks or other little things but not necessarily things that go with the theme of the book. And the Book Riot Quarterly, or the Riot Read Quarterly. I don't know of any others but I would love to hear of any!

This might be a good time to mention that Amazon.com has a new unlimited book download service. It was designed for their Kindle customers, of which I am one, but there is a very good app. to read the books on a tablet or laptop, It's a free app., and the new Kindle Unlimited, which is the name of the new service, only costs $10/ month.

I sometimes read 2 books a day or more, so this is a service that I will use extensively.

I LOVE downloading books now. It took a while to get used to, but our home library is bursting at the seams and this is a very good way to read great books at a fraction of the cost and not have to find a storage place for them. They stay in my Cloud. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back