Conscious Box -July 2014.......this is $19.95?????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
image.jpg

Sorry about the weird upside down picture. I have no idea what I'm doing!!

This was my first and only Conscious Box. I can't believe this is $19.95.

I'm not going to try to get really technical and try to figure out each item's value....but I was pretty let down.

One Truvia packet

A chocoslim tablet..manufactured in 2/2012

A packet of drink mix

One tea bag

A sample of fruit veggie wash

One clif bar

One honest kids juice pouch

One oatmeal packet

A packet of hemp heart sprinkles

Wine voucher...must spend $160 to use it. Whatever.

Two tiny foil samples that have to be free..heel balm and itch cream.

Oops! Almost forgot there was a buddy fruits pouch too.

Was anyone as big a fool as I to purchase this?

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpg

I'm not going to try to get really technical and try to figure out each item's value....but I was pretty let down.

One Truvia packet

A packet of drink mix

One tea bag

One clif bar

One oatmeal packet

I literally laughed out loud when I saw the one Truvia packet! I knew the sub had gone downhill, but that is straight comedy.

I tried this sub once when they had an "only pay shipping" deal. I think I paid ~$7, and I still felt very ripped off by what I received. It really was all crap just like the one you got. It's like someone went through the crap piling up in the bottom of some drawer in their kitchen and sent it!  :lol:

Like @@CAPSLOCK, I used to sub two or three years ago and bailed a few months later when it started being pretty much nothing but food.  When I started, there were household items like eco-friendly counter sprays and laundry detergent, and it actually was worth the money, but now things have gone so far downhill that I can't believe this company is still around!

I can't believe they are still around. It seems like they're always sending out kids food, which seems like a total cop out if they're not inquiring as to whether the person receiving the box has kids.

I can't believe they are still around. It seems like they're always sending out kids food, which seems like a total cop out if they're not inquiring as to whether the person receiving the box has kids.
Thankfully I do have kids. They are the only ones getting anything out of this crap collection. They will eat the clif bar, and the juice and fruit pouch. Those are kids items, and I'd be even more disgusted if I didn't have children!!
I can't believe this box even exists. I saw someone else's box on YouTube and it was better than mine...some chocolate bars and a full size sunscreen. However, in a review elsewhere a person mentioned the sunscreen was expired!! I emailed my disappointment to conscious box and they replied and thanked me for the feedback and encouraged me to stick around, that I'd love what's coming next month. Yeah right...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe this box even exists. I saw someone else's box on YouTube and it was better than mine...some chocolate bars and a full size sunscreen. However, in a review elsewhere a person mentioned the sunscreen was expired!! I emailed my disappointment to conscious box and they replied and thanked me for the feedback and encouraged me to stick around, that I'd love what's coming next month. Yeah right...
I'd also be weary of any blog/youtube reviews that you see. I've heard speculations that they send better boxes to those who are getting compensated for the reviews. Probably because it makes people think that's what you're actually getting.

It makes me so sad every time I see someone get a crap box from them, they are one of THE worst subscription companies currently out there, in my opinion 

image.jpg

One Truvia packet

A packet of drink mix

One tea bag

One clif bar

One oatmeal packet

Oops! Almost forgot there was a buddy fruits pouch too.

Yes, I used to get Conscious boxes.. Then they started putting leaky cleaning products in with food products and that's a huge no-no for me. 

I remember getting a bamboo equivalent of a freaking Kleenex once. A bar that was less than 1/4 of a Kit Kat bar size and contained mashed bananas. 

It was an extremely putrid subscription box, the CS was beyond bad and rude, and I was so glad to get rid of their stupid box. It ranks right up there with Goodebox as being a total rip off for the money spent.

Add some Blissmo boxes to that list as well.

Sure, I like natural products, but don't send me inferior products just BECAUSE they're " natural" or sourced from " the rain forest".

I'm so totally over the all naturl craze because the value is JUST NOT THERE!!

Or dog food/treats.  I kept getting those when I tried them out last year.  They really need a profile set up for that and kid items.  At least the kids food I could still eat.  

I tried it one time with a just-pay-shipping deal. Um, NO. Never again. Threads like this remind me not to drink that agave-sweetened, fair-traded, 99% organic Kool-Aid again, ever. A mountain of single-use packets, slivers of baby soap and baby wipe samples (there will not be an infant in my home until a star rises in the East)and child-marketed food that despite its labeling to the contrary was not healthy and contained enough carbs to lay out a bull moose? No thanks!

They sent out an email a few months ago saying that they would be improving the boxes based on customer feedback.  I guess that didn't happen. 

I tried it one time with a just-pay-shipping deal. Um, NO. Never again. Threads like this remind me not to drink that agave-sweetened, fair-traded, 99% organic Kool-Aid again, ever. A mountain of single-use packets, slivers of baby soap and baby wipe samples (there will not be an infant in my home until a star rises in the East)and child-marketed food that despite its labeling to the contrary was not healthy and contained enough carbs to lay out a bull moose? No thanks!
Hahahaha  :rotfl:   :rotfl:  Thanks, I needed that. 

I used to get ConsciousBox a loong time ago. At the beginning, they were really awesome. I got things like a full-size Weleda eye cream or full size liquid Stevia .. both of which sell for $20 or more at WF. Full-size Chocolate bars etc. All in all, the value of each box was easily around $40 or more. Then, after a few months, it got terrible with leaked products and just small (horrible) samples etc. I canceled and never looked back (until I saw this thread pop up).

And, even back then it always seemed like there was way too much variation in the boxes .. like some people would get the full-size Weleda while others got a sample mini sunscreen for babies. Totally random as if they'd just tossed in whatever they happened to find ...

I found an old Goodebox underneath my heating pads, microwavable heating packs and cold pack insulated holders in hubby's bathroom. OMG, Goodebox must be owned by the same people as Conscious Box. Substitute tiny plastic bags and little paint containers with snap lids containing one use of an unlabeled moisturizer, shampoo for a gerbil sized thing, and waxy other misc. " beauty products" for the cleaning wipe and hemp seeds and they are the same crappy boxes. 

I spent a year or more with Conscious Box and Goodebox and they were ALWAYS really horribly lame with perishable products which were not properly labeled, affixed, protected or anything else. I was so glad I had one to look back into after 2+ years away and see that my memory is true and clear on how bad both subscriptions are for the money. I am not talking about the age of the products, but the lack of labeling, lack of instructions, lack of care in packaging, which they did out of a bulk supply into tiny one- use containers. Unsanitary!!!

Back