Stem Cells in Anti-Aging Products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I was on another beauty forum recently and saw a discussion they were having on the possibility of Stem Cells in Ant Aging products. First off They dismissed the possibility that at our current stage, anti-aging creams can contain stem cells.

I thought this was an interesting topic and thought maybe some of you have might of been deceived by claims of stem cells in products.

Just a warning and a fascinating window of possibility in the future. 

At the current level, stems cells are used to create fully functioning organs, blood vessels, skin, ears, noses, eyes, bone marrow, spinal cords etc. starting at the cellular level.

Stem cell therapies are currently being used to treat diseases and cancers, again at the cellular division stage and going from there to create new cells to treat said diseases etc.

Stem cells in a topical skin care products like anti-ageing creams won't work, as the stem cells for new collagen and new skin are needed to be created at the cellular level and grown under laboratory conditions and then transplanted via injection or grafts.

Say pharmaceutical or skin care companies put active collagen stem cells in anti ageing creams, those cells need to penetrate the skin then they need to divide to create new collagen. But here's the problem...

Those stem cells will be dead sitting in a jar full of cream. Even if they encapsulated those cells in nano-capsules (which can penetrate the skin) (L'Oreal has been using nano-capsules for 15+ years in their skin care creams). Still, those stem cells will be dead, thus no cell division to occur to create new cells to grow new collagen or new wrinkle free skin. Then there is the problem of replacing your existing damaged cells.

Even if you see these claims on anti ageing products, it's a marketing ploy. 

Sorry folks, there is no fountain of youth in a jar, not just yet. Perhaps in a few years in combination with DNA and gene therapies there will be. Research is always on going in this field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the explanation it was very enlightening o: But why then add them to the products if they do so? If they're dead they won't do no good? I recently heard of the Nerium face lotion and seen some before/after pics. They're quite extreme actually. I'm imagining it contains lots of damaging ingredients; maybe those stem cells too?

The FDA is cracking down on companies that make the claim their products contain stem-cells or that it will reverse time leading to a youthful look. The L'Oreal group actually was recently unfire by the FDA for that reason.

I'm reminded of the Futurama episode :
futurama_stem_cells_1.jpeg

@@BrandonH thanks to start the informative topic...  @@vogueboy thanks to explain it... I did not know anything about steam cells....  It is interesting to know more about steam cells. so I'll do further research on it...

Stems cells are having mystique- they are chameleon like cells that are thought to be able to look skin fresh and young. This is really a great natural thing used to make the products like anti-aging cream. The stem cells are obtained primarily from plants and fruits that can be stay fresh for a long time like sweet apple, roses and date palms. 

Try this cream if you can afford it. Not saying it is the "stem cells", but this one truely works. Just wish I could afford it at $270. If I win the lotto, I will buy out the store.I have tried many expensive face creams and they in no way compare to this.

3LAB M Cream is the first cosmetic product that contains stem cells from the rare Uttweiler Spatlauber Swiss apple, so rare that only three trees remain in existence! This luxury skin de-stressing cream works to increase resiliency and cellular turnover while giving the skin a naturally radiant glow from the inside out.
http://www.skinstore.com/p-15690-3lab-m-cream.aspx

Latest posts

Back