Memebox Shop Prices

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a feeling this has already been said a million times, but I am officially baffled by how overestimated so many of the prices are with Memebox, but the boxes are still a good value (for the most part) and they're really fun, so I'm sure I'll continue to buy far too many boxes. But their shop prices really bother me.

I just bought a ton of stuff through there (nearly all stuff I could NOT find ANYWHERE else that I really did want to try), most of which I bought during their "sales' where their items are marked down at least 50%. Their sale prices aren't bad for some items, but some of the sale items I could still find elsewhere for half the price. What really bothers me though Is I just purchased 2 of the Vitablets. After placing my order, I checked online and I saw a site selling it. It was just under $7, and also included a smaller (half size) jar. I bought two, paid around $12 shipping, and after being told the smaller jars were out of stock they offered to send me an extra regular/large size. Basically, Basically, for Memebox's regular price (not including shipping) I could have purchased more than 6 jars, including shipping. I can't help but feel a bit insulted by this. For those that haven't already picked up on this, or haven't already learned their lesson, I would suggest paying close attention when buying through their shop. 

Can you recommend (or caution against) any specific sites?
I'm fairly new to Korean products, but I did a fair bit of research and I have several sites i've orderered through. I basically just try to find the best prices for specific items I'm looking for.

So far I've used:

KoreaDepart

RoseRoseShop

TesterKorea

HonestSkin

The other sites I've heard about had much higher prices (even the ones that offer free shipping DEFINITELY made up for it and then some with their prices). I've had great luck with all of those sites, and HonestSkin had a special where everything was 30% off, plus TesterKorea had a special for new customers where they gave you (I think it was 30%) a huge discount back into your account after your first purchase through Paypal. 

I've bought some things in the Memebox shop when I realized I could not find those items ANYWHERE else, but after purchasing some items during Memebox's "specials' where items were marked down 50%, I ended up emailing them to cancel those items after still finding them for much lower amounts. 

It seems if you know where to go (and just do a bit of browsing) you can find the best prices depending on different sales and specials, and the prices aren't very consistent even with those major sites. None of them had the best prices in general, so it seems like it just really depends on the items you're looking for.

For example, I was looking for the Mizon King's Berry line and most American sites had it in the $60-$90 range, most of the Korean sites had it in the $40 range, then I found most of the product line on RoseRoseShop on special for $17 with free shipping and handing as some sort of special. It really just seems like your best bet is to do some digging.

If anyone else has any sites they'd like to recommend, please let us know! 

yesstyle.com is a bit more expensive, but the more you purchase there, you will get discounts as you reach a certain level (a Sephora VIB program - lol) They also give you the points if you review items you purchased there - so I am on my way to the 10% discount quickly. I never had a review rejected and they are worth 100 points!

They have free shipping at $25.00

I also LOVE beautynetkorea.com I have to use chrome to access their site, because it is messed up under firefox, but they have low prices and also free shipping. They just started giving store credits to written and video review - but they select which ones, so it is not automatic.

I have a feeling this has already been said a million times, but I am officially baffled by how overestimated so many of the prices are with Memebox, but the boxes are still a good value (for the most part) and they're really fun, so I'm sure I'll continue to buy far too many boxes. But their shop prices really bother me.

I just bought a ton of stuff through there (nearly all stuff I could NOT find ANYWHERE else that I really did want to try), most of which I bought during their "sales' where their items are marked down at least 50%. Their sale prices aren't bad for some items, but some of the sale items I could still find elsewhere for half the price. What really bothers me though Is I just purchased 2 of the Vitablets. After placing my order, I checked online and I saw a site selling it. It was just under $7, and also included a smaller (half size) jar. I bought two, paid around $12 shipping, and after being told the smaller jars were out of stock they offered to send me an extra regular/large size. Basically, Basically, for Memebox's regular price (not including shipping) I could have purchased more than 6 jars, including shipping. I can't help but feel a bit insulted by this. For those that haven't already picked up on this, or haven't already learned their lesson, I would suggest paying close attention when buying through their shop. 
I know how you feel. They certainly do over price some things but I think one reason they do is also because they tend to put the original price that is similar to what the brand is selling at. For your vitablets, memebox still over priced it but it's more similar to what the SKINAZ state, compared to other sites that sell this (see below):

http://www.skinaz.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=28&cate_no=24&display_group=1

And translating the won to US = $36.79 (for today's exchange rate)

Thanks for starting this thread. I think it's a good idea to always try to search the item that you want from memeshop and see if it's a good deal. That's what I usually do before I buy from the shop (unless an item is $6 or something) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yesstyle.com is a bit more expensive, but the more you purchase there, you will get discounts as you reach a certain level (a Sephora VIB program - lol) They also give you the points if you review items you purchased there - so I am on my way to the 10% discount quickly. I never had a review rejected and they are worth 100 points!

They have free shipping at $25.00

I also LOVE beautynetkorea.com I have to use chrome to access their site, because it is messed up under firefox, but they have low prices and also free shipping. They just started giving store credits to written and video review - but they select which ones, so it is not automatic.
Thank you, I LOVE a lot of the stuff I see on YesStyle, I'll definitely be buying through them in the not so distant future. It seems like their prices are fairly reasonable (or just slightly above other sites) for some of their cosmetics, but what I find strange is how high their smaller things are priced. For example, small one use sleeping packs and other smaller items that I've paid and seen for around $1 or less on other sites are being sold in the $5+ range. Then some of their really popular products that are usually sold in the $20-$40 range, are selling for around $10-$40 more. Yet other items are being sold for similar prices to other sites (or a dollar or two more, which is made up for with the shipping of course). 

Have you purchased clothes through the site before? I'm really interested in that section of their site, and was just wondering if you could comment on the quality?

I know how you feel. They certainly do over price some things but I think one reason they do is also because they tend to put the original price that is similar to what the brand is selling at. For your vitablets, memebox still over priced it but it's more similar to what the SKINAZ state, compared to other sites that sell this (see below):

http://www.skinaz.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=28&cate_no=24&display_group=1

And translating the won to US = $36.79 (for today's exchange rate)

Thanks for starting this thread. I think it's a good idea to always try to search the item that you want from memeshop and see if it's a good deal. That's what I usually do before I buy from the shop (unless an item is $6 or something) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I had actually looked for the Vitablets information (as well as information on the tattoo lip gloss and an eye cream) from Skinaz, and i never even thought to check if they had a site. Thank you! I completely understand the site selling things at retail prices, I think it just irks me when things are priced for a fair bit higher than retail, especially since it seems like Korean cosmetics for such brands are hardly ever sold at retail prices. For example, I fell in love with the Chosungah brand and saw their prices on their site, and a rose petal toner that's listed at around $70 was only being sold on Korean sites in the $20 range.

I think it probably bothers me this much because it's so clear that Memebox pays such a drastically lower amount for their items for the boxes, so it's so strange to go into their shop and see items in boxes being sold for so high. Some of the items that I saw in former boxes (when I wasn't familiar with Memebox) that I was really interested in, I'd stumble into them in the shop and see them selling the product in the same size as featured in the box, and charging the same cost as the box, and on one occasion twice the cost of the box. And, it just seems a bit too gimmicky for them to constantly put the same products at half off and acting like it's the best deal ever, especially when the items that can be found elsewhere are usually cheaper than their half off specials (okay, I admit it, I'm probably just annoyed that I fell for it!) 

I'd love it if after a box was released they could do some sort of featured section where items featured in boxes (especially the ones that create quite the buzz) can be sold at a reasonable price for those of us that missed out on certain items. Especially since so many of us are new to Memebox, and so many boxes sell out so quickly! 

However, I will say this, it's definitely brilliant on their part in regards to making a profit. I just would appreciate a bit more...Middle ground. 

@@cfisher, I was always wondering how they make money off boxes if the shop items are so expensive. Yes that would be wonderful if memebox could feature items from memeboxes for a reasonable price, although if that's the case, I'll end up spending even more with them! I already buy a lot of their boxes and shop items. I think lowering the $70 freeshipping would help a lot, then we are not forced to spend so much each time.

Have you purchased clothes through the site before? I'm really interested in that section of their site, and was just wondering if you could comment on the quality?
I have never purchased their clothing...

The shop prices are ridiculous. I just looked up the Secret Key Sweet Glam glow tint and they are charging over $30 for it.

At that price, why not buy the original Dior product? It makes no sense.  :couch:  Secret Key is a good brand, but it is essentially a Dior knockoff. 

Of course, Tester Korea sells it for $6.50, which is much more reasonable!

@@cfisher, I was always wondering how they make money off boxes if the shop items are so expensive. Yes that would be wonderful if memebox could feature items from memeboxes for a reasonable price, although if that's the case, I'll end up spending even more with them! I already buy a lot of their boxes and shop items. I think lowering the $70 freeshipping would help a lot, then we are not forced to spend so much each time.
I know! I wish they could do free shipping for the $40 to $50 range, I keep finding things during their sales that I can't find anywhere else online that I really do want, and end up trying to buy only sale items to avoid knowingly getting drastically overcharged. I've fallen for the sales 4 times now when i see items I'm waiting to go on sale, but always end up buying so much more because I want to take advantage of the free shipping!

The boxes do tend to be a good value, the ones i've been able to calculate still are worth a reasonable amount more than if you were to buy the items online separately. And the fun of getting mystery boxes is definitely a major bonus!

The shop prices are ridiculous. I just looked up the Secret Key Sweet Glam glow tint and they are charging over $30 for it.

At that price, why not buy the original Dior product? It makes no sense.  :couch:  Secret Key is a good brand, but it is essentially a Dior knockoff. 

Of course, Tester Korea sells it for $6.50, which is much more reasonable!
I know! I've bought some Secret Key items in the past and can usually get prices in the $10 range. it's so strange to me to see the "retail" prices for such items since I've never seen t hem being sold for so much on the sites I shop through. I really wanted the Super Plumping Gel and almost purchased it elsewhere for $10.05 (then talked myself out of it because I had so many similar items at the time), then I saw it in the Memebox shop for $42! Which I find especially ridiculous since it was previously included in a Memebox. I hate seeing items being sold for more than the cost of the box they were included in! 

I buy all my korean beauty products from roseroseshop. But you have to be really specific with what you buy, cause she charges depending on weight and how big the package is. It's really useful to buy makeup of her, as the shipping never really gets over 12$ and her prices are really low. If I buy skincare I buy quite alot to make it worthwhile even though the shipping also gets higher. It still comes out cheaper then say beautynetkorea, jolse and ebay in general IF your not only after 1-2 items that is. 

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back