Julep September 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC327

Jay
Reaction score
I noticed there was no September thread up yet. What are you ladies looking foward to this month?

I feel so jaded by Julep that all I feel like I can hope for is some shimmer/sparkle/glitter.  I would love an autumn leaves collection where it's all various shades of green, brown, orange (even though I hate orange), etc., with a misty shimmery blue thrown in there to represent autumn rain (in this area, it rains a *lot* in the fall!) or a shimmery grayish white (SO MUCH FOG).  Or!  Oh!  A shimmery top coat as an add-on to represent trying to *see* through all the fog! 

(Also, note to Julep:  STOP WITH THE FRAKKING RAINBOW COLLECTIONS.  You don't need to go all Roy G. Biv EVERY SINGLE MONTH.  It seems like the only months I get are when you do *not* do that.  An It Girl box with three shades of blue or green?  I can dig it and would grab it in an instant.)

I'm so over it too, and since I'm on a no buy this month, I won't be getting a September box. But, I want some awesome fall colors. I love your ideas @@meaganola I would totally love some awesome fall glitters to buy after the no buy is over. I actually wouldn't mind some cremes this month, as they did different finishes for August so I imagine we'll be seeing cremes again. A dark burgundy, dark green, dark red. I have Autumn that I can't wait to break out over something dark as soon as it starts getting cooler. Something fun like Autumn in various colors and some dark colors to put it over.

I'm just so hesitant to get a box, even if I wasn't on a no buy, because of all the packing issues they're having lately. Whether it's a fulfillment company, or their own employees, they need to change something. I saw someone had a chewed on pen in their box in the Julep Swap Facebook group...like someone packing it left their pen in the box. I mean come on.

I'm looking forward to timely shipping where most people receive what they actually ordered, and that Julep sells out instead of selling items they can't provide.

LOLJKJK....

::long sigh::

an alternate version of the three wishes collection would be absolutely perfect though. Burgundy, bronze, navy, moss, plus a featured add-on of a different color version of Max.

I feel so jaded by Julep that all I feel like I can hope for is some shimmer/sparkle/glitter.  I would love an autumn leaves collection where it's all various shades of green, brown, orange (even though I hate orange), etc., with a misty shimmery blue thrown in there to represent autumn rain (in this area, it rains a *lot* in the fall!) or a shimmery grayish white (SO MUCH FOG).  Or!  Oh!  A shimmery top coat as an add-on to represent trying to *see* through all the fog! 

(Also, note to Julep:  STOP WITH THE FRAKKING RAINBOW COLLECTIONS.  You don't need to go all Roy G. Biv EVERY SINGLE MONTH.  It seems like the only months I get are when you do *not* do that.  An It Girl box with three shades of blue or green?  I can dig it and would grab it in an instant.)
Juleep needs to hire you to do their collections. I would not be skipping at all.

I'm so over it too, and since I'm on a no buy this month, I won't be getting a September box. But, I want some awesome fall colors. I love your ideas @@meaganola I would totally love some awesome fall glitters to buy after the no buy is over. I actually wouldn't mind some cremes this month, as they did different finishes for August so I imagine we'll be seeing cremes again. A dark burgundy, dark green, dark red. I have Autumn that I can't wait to break out over something dark as soon as it starts getting cooler. Something fun like Autumn in various colors and some dark colors to put it over.

I'm just so hesitant to get a box, even if I wasn't on a no buy, because of all the packing issues they're having lately. Whether it's a fulfillment company, or their own employees, they need to change something. I saw someone had a chewed on pen in their box in the Julep Swap Facebook group...like someone packing it left their pen in the box. I mean come on.
Yuck thats so gross!

I've pretty much given up on Julep getting creative with it at this point. They got me good with the June and August boxes thanks to the shimmers and glitters, but I'd like to see them do a collection where one polish for each profile is a creme or shimmer (two for It Girl) and the other polish is a really funky top coat that can spruce up the creme or shimmer. For instance, another top coat with shapes in it like Geo and Antonia from the mystery boxes they did last year or a variation of Max that looks like neon confetti. Tania is one of the more unique top coats from them and it's also one of my favorites because of that.

Probably a better idea for Halloween/October, but if it's possible to make glow-in-the-dark colors that aren't ectoplasmic green in the dark, I'd go for that too.

Other things I'm looking forward to next month include ACTUALLY GETTING MY BOX AT A DECENT TIME. I still don't have my August Maven box, but it's supposed to be delivered this week according to my tracking number. I selected a number of colors they ran out of and substituted in the boxes of others, so I don't expect to actually get the colors I selected. I picked what I wanted early on the 20th and never messed with my selection during the rest of the window, so I'm a little peeved it's taken so long. (Bad) luck of the draw, I guess.

I actually like cremes so I don't mind those too much, but I wish Julep would stop dupeing their own colors. I've been a maven for about a year and a half, and I skip most boxes, but whenever a new collection comes out I feel I have most of the colors already. I wish they would start making more full-coverage glitters in interesting colors. I think that's one of the things they do best, but they aren't really doing those anymore. I know last month had one, but it was gold, I want more fun colors, something like Carly or Lucky. Something like Autumn but full-coverage would be perfect for fall.

I actually like cremes so I don't mind those too much, but I wish Julep would stop dupeing their own colors. I've been a maven for about a year and a half, and I skip most boxes, but whenever a new collection comes out I feel I have most of the colors already. I wish they would start making more full-coverage glitters in interesting colors. I think that's one of the things they do best, but they aren't really doing those anymore. I know last month had one, but it was gold, I want more fun colors, something like Carly or Lucky. Something like Autumn but full-coverage would be perfect for fall.
Yes! Or even something like Martina, whew boy that was some full coverage! I wouldn't even mind a rainbow collection of glitters like that because glitter!

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I live in Washington State, Julep used to be the one box I received quickly.  This month I received my box at the end of last week.  It had been sent from somewhere on the east coast, had been opened and then taped closed with strapping tape, and the bar code had black marker over part of it.  I know that the package had been riffled, because the when the box had been resealed, one of the info cards had been mangled in the fold of the box.  Not a good feeling to think someone has been touching my stuff.  And, why?  They didn't take anything, unless there was candy.  Plus, they had my name backwards.  I have belonged to Julep for two and a half years and haven't moved.  What is up with that?

After reading about so many problems, last month I spent all my jules in case I ended up canceling.  But, I don't want to quit.  Please don't make me, Julep!

I just want my box to have all of it's contents.  I doubt I will have my clean up tool before the window opens, and maybe not even a response to my email.

Other than that I want fall glitters, shaped glitter and shimmery metals and neutrals (grays, mauves, etc. with SHIMMER).  I never tried their decals when they had them/one a few years back, but I wish they would have a fun set of decals instead of more lame products this month.  I could go for that.

Zoya Fall Collection is ready for pre-order 

926443.ZP_Main_Banner_1a.jpg

I just noticed the Julep blog posted the results of one of their last surveys a couple days ago...apparently cremes won out over all other finishes. Shimmer came in second. I don't have high hopes for this month. Please pleasantly surprise me Julep!

I don't mind cremes but I can't imagine a color I don't already have or need. I like pearl finishes right now but only if done very well like Color Clubs last pearl finish collection. Super high quality and not a cheap finish to it. Really looked more like a pearl than anything else and in really unique colors that were totally wearable. September is a transition to Fall month so I expect to see some fall colors coming my way but wont be buying unless I am totally wow'd!

The box details are up on our order history. The products are something called a plush pout and the lip primer. Meh.

I've seen a few spoilers on the collection for september and it looks okay but nothing spectacular. I won't be skipping, but I am not salivating over every. single. polish. like I was last month. 

Latest posts

Back