Best whitening toothpaste?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Which whitening toothpaste do you think works the best? I'm currently using the colgate one in the red tube. I found out crest has a vivid one which is supposed to remove 90% of the stains. I'd love to have my teeth whitened by the dentist but my husband says my teeth are white and already sensitive so he would rather I don't get it done. (I fell asleep a few years ago with crest whitening strips on, and they killed my teeth). I can't help it I grew up in Orange County and want my teeth to be glowing! -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like the Crest Vivid White. I don't know about the Colgate or how it compares, but I have used both the Crest and Colgate whitening mouth rinses, and of those products, I think the Crest is better at maintaining my white color. That makes me assume that the toothpaste probable works better, too.

But it might be one of those things where different products suit people's needs differently - I am allergic to some ingredients that sometimes show up in whitening products, so I have to read the labels carefully. I can't use Rembrandt at all, so I don't know how they compare. <_<

I just started using Crest 3D  White Luxe in the dark blue & purple tube. Yesterday was my first day, so I will try to remember to post my opinion in a week or two.

I don't think toothpaste form of whitening is very effective. That's just my opinion. I mean, you rinse after. What good is that? Annnd whitening is a lifelong thing, you have to watch what you eat/drink as well as constantly whiten them in some way. I did the britesmile thing at the dentist. It was the most painful experience of my life and I didn't let myself quit. (My back teeth are very sensitive, too much orange juice killed them). After suffering that pain and realizing that whitening would have to be routine, NO THANK YOU! I don't even look twice at my teeth in the mirror anymore.

Most of that was irrelevant. I have used optic white (colgate or crest.. not sure) and it made my teeth hurt. So it had something in it working.

I don't think toothpaste form of whitening is very effective. That's just my opinion. I mean, you rinse after. What good is that? Annnd whitening is a lifelong thing, you have to watch what you eat/drink as well as constantly whiten them in some way. I did the britesmile thing at the dentist. It was the most painful experience of my life and I didn't let myself quit. (My back teeth are very sensitive, too much orange juice killed them). After suffering that pain and realizing that whitening would have to be routine, NO THANK YOU! I don't even look twice at my teeth in the mirror anymore.

Most of that was irrelevant. I have used optic white (colgate or crest.. not sure) and it made my teeth hurt. So it had something in it working.
Toothpaste isn't an effective form of whitening, I think most people agree with that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The idea, imo, is that you use the effective form and then use a whitening toothpaste to help eliminate staining in-between times.

Everyone has different levels of sensitivity, so that can definitely be a concern, but even more important is the fact that constant whitening destroys the enamel of your teeth. That's why using preventative measures in the meantime is important.

And yes, watching what you eat/drink/et cetera is important, but I personally am not going to give up a coffee and tea habit I am dependent on, so using a whitening toothpaste and whitening rinse are important aspects of my daily oral routine.

I just started using Crest 3D  White Luxe in the dark blue & purple tube. Yesterday was my first day, so I will try to remember to post my opinion in a week or two.
See I like crest! My husband can't stand it, I like that it's super foamy. I'm almost to the point where we should have separate tubes so I can buy what I like. I feel like I noticed both of our teeth being whiter with crest, I just had to hear him complain about it all the time. I have a small tube of the Luxe from the dentist maybe I'll use it until its gone! Please remember! I'd love to know :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)))

I'm in the same boat, my teeth are super sensitive. It's my fault but it still sucks. My husband can bite and chew ice cream and it makes my teeth hurt just watching. I also can't (well. it's become a habit now) don't drink while I eat because of the temp difference! My sister ended up getting vaneers (sp?) and she got them bright white, I'm jelly but i'm not throwing 10k into my mouth (my teeth are straight so it would be a waste but I love how white hers are). I would rather go shopping!

Toothpaste isn't an effective form of whitening, I think most people agree with that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The idea, imo, is that you use the effective form and then use a whitening toothpaste to help eliminate staining in-between times.

Everyone has different levels of sensitivity, so that can definitely be a concern, but even more important is the fact that constant whitening destroys the enamel of your teeth. That's why using preventative measures in the meantime is important.

And yes, watching what you eat/drink/et cetera is important, but I personally am not going to give up a coffee and tea habit I am dependent on, so using a whitening toothpaste and whitening rinse are important aspects of my daily oral routine.
I'm a tea drinker and I shouldn't but I don't drink soda or coffee so it's nice to have once in a while. I don't need to make my teeth worse when I'm making kidney stones while drinking tea. That should be a reason for me to stop. But when it's raining and cold I love a hot green tea or jasmine tea. Oh which sounds amazing right now! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi there!

I highly recommend Super Smile by Dr Smigel (SP???). I've been using it for the past 4 yrs & it really does work. I buy it at QVC because the price is so much cheaper than anywhere else. 

Good Luck :)

Janice

I do like the toothpaste a lot, it is no miracle worker, but my teeth do look a bit lighter.

See I like crest! My husband can't stand it, I like that it's super foamy. I'm almost to the point where we should have separate tubes so I can buy what I like. I feel like I noticed both of our teeth being whiter with crest, I just had to hear him complain about it all the time. I have a small tube of the Luxe from the dentist maybe I'll use it until its gone! Please remember! I'd love to know :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)))

[SIZE=10pt]I had a good result with Colgate Optic White Toothpaste, but I cannot use it for a long time. My dentist were not so happy….  :unsure: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I had a good result with Colgate Optic White Toothpaste, but I cannot use it for a long time. My dentist were not so happy….  :unsure: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]
In the red tube? I think that's what I'm using now. It's not foamy enough for me!

Back