Best Eyelash Curler?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[SIZE=11pt]Hi beauties!
I’ve been browsing through the internet looking for a new eyelash curler, but in the end I decided to ask you guys for advice instead. My eyelashes are incredibly stubborn and tilt quite a bit downwards. I currently have a curler by MAC, but I’m not too happy with it. It’s especially difficult for me to curl my outer lashes; I’d say almost impossible.  

I’ve heard the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler is supposed to be really good, have any of you tried it? Or can you think of another eyelash curler you’d  recommend me getting?
[/SIZE]

I've heard of the Shu Uemura curler too, but I don't think that it will help stubborn lashes. The reason people like it is because the 
'bumper' by the lashes is rounded instead of squared off like most curlers, so it gives a curled vs. crimped effect. I doubt it can squeeze your eyelashes into place any better!

I think you should go with a heated curling wand, then quickly set it with waterproof mascara. 

I don't have a heated wand, so I just warm up my wand a bit with a blow dryer--just for a couple seconds, not too hot!--and curl them like that.

(P.S. once I heated it up too much and my lashes kinda shrank in reaction to the heat... it was weird. I thought they would fall out but they didn't. so don't heat it up too much!)

Don't forget to set it with waterproof mascara! Otherwise the curl will slide right out.

Hope this helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have short stick straight lashes so the best one that works for me is the the one by Shiseido. It just works for my eye shape. 

I also like the Preo Prima Japanese Eye Lash curler. It has no gaurd so to me its a lot safer. I like using it on my clients.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The good standards of curlers conform to all eye shapes. There are having the various brands of cursor available you can choose any which suits you the best. A good eyelash curler instantly lifts and make them appear more open. 

Shu Uemura, hands down! It fits really well, no pinching. I've heard good things about Shiseido's too, but never tried.

I'm not looking to spend that much money on one, I want to buy one from the drugs store. I have fairly long eyelashes and they are black. What would you recommend?

I got one from Big Lots for $2.  It's metal with pink handles, don't remember the brand.  It works a lot better than the plastic Avon one that I replaced.

I was looking at the Sephora brand one and the one from Tarte because they have very good reviews, but I decided to take a chance on the $2 one and I'm happy with it.

I brought the Daiso one (metal with black rubber grips), which is only $2.80 here in Australia - it may be cheaper where you live. And it's better than any other eyelash curlers that I've used, my eyelashes are straight and long, so I need to double curl each eye to make it look more natural, it does a great job without pinching my eyelid like other brands. >____>

Latest posts

Back