Need help on color idea

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the forum, not sure whether this is the right section to post this.  My friend is looking for some color idea for her makeup.  She is a bartender usually working at low light condition.  She wants to find some makeup combination that can "brighten" her up at work and not looking so "dark".  I've attached her picture.

Hope someone can help.  Thanks.

k.

color idea.jpg

Champagne eyeshadow works wonders, but considering the lighting I might go with gold. Always shimmer, never glitter.
As great as shimmer is, I wouldn't say never glitter in my humble opinion. I think the right glitter, used sparingly in the right way, could work but shimmer is almost always a safer bet. 

Perhaps, champagne as a brow bone highlight with a gold inner corner would look nice. I personally think that for all over brightening the face holds the most power. A good peachy blush, perhaps with shimmer, and some highlighter would look beautiful on her. The results can be stunning but be warned, blending is non-optional. If you look at her face and immediately see blush and highlighter, and not "Wow she looks so much brighter and glowy!" then you should blend some more. I feel that face makeup looks best when the makeup is not the first thing seen. 

Lip gloss, personal favorite thing of mine for polishing off a look without it being as high maintenance as lip stick. 

Back