Blue Velveteen

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never heard of them before, but the color scheme for that website is AWFUL. Bright yellow polka dots on a neon fuchsia backround!? What were they thinking? I opened it up and my eyes started watering immediately!

Judging from the lack of info and the poor web design, I wouldn't jump on that. I'm curious, but it looks unprofessional.

Yeah I'm not happy that they don't have any sort of "about us" page or description of what to expect in a box. I'm gonna skip this til I see some blog reviews.

Yeah I'm not happy that they don't have any sort of "about us" page or description of what to expect in a box. I'm gonna skip this til I see some blog reviews.
That is what I was planning to do. You never know, it could be a total scam too. Hopefully if it is real though they won't send out discontinued items like another new box we all know....

Hey everyone... so, I actually heard about Blue Velveteen and I followed their social media handles, and I decided to go ahead and give them a try since more than a handful of people had said they already subscribed. They have also been responsive through their FB and IG accounts answering questions, advertising, etc. A recent question that was asked was when we could expect the first box and they had responded with the second week of September, so we'll see. I'm deeply hoping that this is an honest company, but I'll keep you guys updated. 

Hey everyone... so, I actually heard about Blue Velveteen and I followed their social media handles, and I decided to go ahead and give them a try since more than a handful of people had said they already subscribed. They have also been responsive through their FB and IG accounts answering questions, advertising, etc. A recent question that was asked was when we could expect the first box and they had responded with the second week of September, so we'll see. I'm deeply hoping that this is an honest company, but I'll keep you guys updated. 
Okay, thanks! :wub:

Seems like this company is legit, hopefully what they send out though will be top-notch.

Screenshot_41.png

@@Queennie I was going to post an update, but didn't find time to yet. But it does seem like it's legit (so far). Boxes should ship within the next few weeks, so if someone doesn't get to it before I do (I live in Hawaii so someone may get theirs and post on forum before I even get my box haha), I'll just update with things I got.

It appears to be geared to a young crowd. This is the first wall post they made on Facebook back on July 5th:

Blue Velveteen is this awesome box just for teen girls. It's a super cute box that comes once a month and contains 5 or more beauty or lifestyle products. Each month contains different items. Some items inside could be, mascara, eyeshadow, phone cases, hair accessories, nail polish, nail file, perfume, snacks, or stuff like that. The cost is only $10.00 a month (shipping is already included). Seriously, who doesn't want a cute box full of make-up and goodies delivered every month just for them?!?

Sounds interesting. Please keep us all updated if you get a box. I want to see what kind of teen goodies they will send.

It appears to be geared to a young crowd. This is the first wall post they made on Facebook back on July 5th:

Blue Velveteen is this awesome box just for teen girls. It's a super cute box that comes once a month and contains 5 or more beauty or lifestyle products. Each month contains different items. Some items inside could be, mascara, eyeshadow, phone cases, hair accessories, nail polish, nail file, perfume, snacks, or stuff like that. The cost is only $10.00 a month (shipping is already included). Seriously, who doesn't want a cute box full of make-up and goodies delivered every month just for them?!?  I can't wait for this box to come out!! — feeling excited.
Aw, I did not know this! I wished it was not towards this type of crowd. Don't get me wrong, I know a ton of people who would love something like this, but I am just hopeing they do not send out any cheap products like other various subscriptions for tweens/teens I have seen so far.

Just subscribed.... I'll let you guys know. So ready for September to get here. My first month if all my boxes coming in, going to feel like Christmas Haha

So for all of you that have been wondering, there are two reviews of the first month's BV box on their FB page (post to page section). It looks good so far, but they have been by two people with blogs, so they may very well be "blogger boxes." I hope not, because the contents don't look too shabby for $10/month. I will also post when I get my box just to see if I had received the same.

The one "blogger" review I saw had a comment at the bottom from someone that they received 2 less items. I haven't received any box or any shipping info.

BV replied and said that it was intentional as part of a "grand opening celebration" thing, so anyone that got in on a pre-release also got the extra items. The problem is that BV never told anyone this, and I certainly didn't know when I reviewed it. I edited that post though to reflect that update. She also encourages people to e-mail her if they have any concerns or questions or are missing any items aside from that inital five.

Honestly I don't think she realized her witholding that info would backfire this way. She's a very sweet lady and is running the show solo. I think she had good intentions overall but just some bad execution and decisions in the beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back