What's causing this ruthless eczema flare up?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there a way to find out what triggers an eczema flare up? I know chlorine and detergents and sometimes food allergies can trigger eczema, but mine just hit me like a thief in the night! It's everywhere, my face, legs, and arms. I haven't been using any new products and I don't think I've been eating anything really different... What gives?

[SIZE=10pt]Well… I’ll recommend Jarvis Cosmetics (JARVISCOSMETICS DOT COM)... Their products Jarvis Cream & Serum are awesome… and best to get rid of eczema and other 90% skin problems... Unfortunately, they have not been launched yet but I have participated in their clinical trial....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]It is first skin care products targeting skin immune system. Healthy skin immune system is the key of healthy skin... So by improving skin immune system, bacteria never returned...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]So before doing anything try Jarvis Cosmetics...[/SIZE]

Is there a way to find out what triggers an eczema flare up? I know chlorine and detergents and sometimes food allergies can trigger eczema, but mine just hit me like a thief in the night! It's everywhere, my face, legs, and arms. I haven't been using any new products and I don't think I've been eating anything really different... What gives?
I know you mentioned the possibility of food being the culprit. I know it is hard to do, but you may want to try a gluten-free diet. Fruits, vegetables, meat, dairy (not that I'm recommending dairy but it is something I can't live without), are all gluten-free. I purchased the book entitled "Practical Paleo" by Diane Sanfilippo, BS, NC & it has some simple & easy instructions on how to get started. In addition, she lists practical recipes & also has sections on Auto-Immune disorders (I think eczema falls under that category). The book has changed my life, slowly, but it did. I also visit a dermatologist who advises on taking Vitamin C, CoQ-10, Flax Seed or Fish Oil, & Zinc supplements for over-all skin health. 

I would also recommend keeping a food journal, listing everything you consume ~ even liquids ~ to see what causes flair ups. I'd keep it with you where ever you go. 

Aside from Aveno (SP??), First Aid Beauty makes a fabulous cream with colodial (again SP???) oatmeal which is a proven ingredient to help eczema. First Aid Beauty has conducted clinical studies on their products so they are not just making up claims. First Aid Beauty is available at Sephora & QVC (much cheaper at QVC). Another thing to try is Josie Maran's Organic Argan Oil. It is 100% pure, first cold pressed (so it has all of the essential fatty acids), and is only made up of Argan Oil. Other brands add fillers to their products, or only include a small percentage of Argan oil. Oh, and other brands may not be first cold pressed so they are lacking all of the nutrients.

In regards to laundry & cleaning products, I switched to only brands that actually list their ingredients on their labels. Though federal law doesn't mandate the ingredients to be listed, I trust the products that show the ingredients on the labels.   Again, I would keep a journal listing which products/ingredients you've used so it is easier to determine what aggravates your condition. Please keep in mind, since most laundry detergent brands don't have to list their ingredients on their labels, it is easy for them to change their formulas at any time without notice. 

Good luck :)

kittybooboo :

thats really sad to hear about. my cousin sister had similar eczema problems. and since she had sensitive skin, it was even more problematic.

now she uses black bamboo bar from sara shantelle and it is perfect for her entire body. Cos it is organic and is mild enough for sensitive skin.

Back