October 2014 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Milan!

I can't upload an image right now, but it is on SquareHue's instagram.

red-tone

black-tone

navy-tone

?

I saw the preview and I'm excited! I love all things Italy so I un-paused my account. I am a little concerned because the preview colors look a lot like London to me (January's box)....but I'm willing to take a chance and hope they send out some fun finishes! 

Maybe they will send out a slate blue this month? I also think we'll get a shade of red and possibly a black. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Katie, that's funny you said that because I was trying to remember the last red that I have from SquareHue.  It was London's - that collection has been the only one that didn't seem to go with my skin tone.  I always love seeing the finishes.  Black a la oil slick style would be perfect for Halloween!

Does everyone like glitter, cream, or metallic best from SquareHue? 

I think if there is another yellow or orange in November, SquareHue will become less popular...

I would love to see a Bangkok - fuchsia like the pantone color of the year (radiant orchid), hunter green (like butter london british racing green), mauve (that isn't too grey) - not sure what those colors have to do with Bangkok... just wishing. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmm, not thrilled with the Milan picture.  Take away the "Milan" name and it's just some dark, muddy colors to me.

My September box should be here today, and there's a dark red-brown in there so I don't think I'd want another brown in October's box.  And I agree that SqH needs to dial back the yellows and oranges.  Wish they'd do more holos and glitters.

I LOVE red polish, so I won't be upset if they send one out! An orange leaning red (or red leaning orange, whatever) would be fun for Halloween, maybe? Squarehue has sent out several navy polishes recently (Beverly Hills, London) so I hope if they include a blue it will be more of a slate or gray toned blue. I also don't have a matte black so I wouldn't be too upset by that option. 

As for the finishes, I really like the microglitters and shimmers Squarehue sends out. It's just easier for me to use one color than put a base color on and then add a glitter, although glitters are fun! I'm also in the boat that would like to see more holos from SH! Times Square was awesome! 

Pics are showing up on Instagram. I'm not sure how I feel about the collection yet.

there's a red creme, black creme, and an army greeish brown creme.

Hmm...interesting. The colors don't really seem to go with each other (I'm a fan of a cohesive collection!) and although I like red polish, I wonder how close this one is to Fifth Avenue...or any other red creme for that matter.

My package is out for delivery so I should have it when I get home from work. I'm interested to see what the colors are like in person.

Hmm...interesting. The colors don't really seem to go with each other (I'm a fan of a cohesive collection!) and although I like red polish, I wonder how close this one is to Fifth Avenue...or any other red creme for that matter.

My package is out for delivery so I should have it when I get home from work. I'm interested to see what the colors are like in person.
I was thinking the same thing with the red, and the more I think about it, the more annoyed I am that there was a black polish last October and again this October. On the flipside, it's not another yellow or orange.

Having said that, I actually don't mind another black as that will go straight into the "dragon egg/crafting polish" stash as black is a good base under certain colors. (I have my Ozotic Mr. Big bottles as my go to black polish)

Pics are showing up on Instagram. I'm not sure how I feel about the collection yet.

there's a red creme, black creme, and an army greeish brown creme.
Sounds like I'm glad I skipped but would still like to see pictures.  Wonder if the third color you mentioned is like Valor from 7/13?

Yes, definitely glad I skipped!  Another

plain black
and another

bright red
?  I think I've been a subscriber too long to get excited about the new polishes, unless they were all holos or something.  Sigh....

I actually am not upset with the collection. I did hope they would do something other than a plain red creme but the olive is actually more of a taupe color that I think is perfect for fall. I'm pretty sure the black dries down to matte or "Flat" as Squarehue calls it, which isn't something I will wear much but it's also new to me so I'm ok with it. 

Overall, I'm happy with this month's box. I do hope that SquareHue gets a little more creative in the coming months though.  

According to USPS tracking, mine didn't ship yet. All I get is "pre-shipment info sent to usps." It's been like that since Tuesday. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

According to USPS tracking, mine didn't ship yet. All I get is "pre-shipment info sent to usps." It's been like that since Tuesday. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
There's a chance that it did get shipped out, but the Post Office was too lazy to actually scan it. Hopefully it'll show a scan once it gets to your city. *fingers crossed*

I completely forgot that next month's box preview was released this week! Next month, SquareHue is going to

Prague!
I went ahead and started a new thread in this forum if anybody wants to guess at the colors they will send! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still trying to decide how I feel about this month's box.  It's nice to have a flat black, I guess, but it just seems so *easy*.  And the red is okay for blood, but SO TIRED of red nail polish!  I do like the brown (milk chocolate?), but I'm not sure how often I'll actually wear it. 

Sadly, I think SH is on borrowed time with me.  Their latest collections have just seemed super uninspired, and I'm going to be getting a new nail wrap sub starting in April or May that will BLOW MY MIND (and there's still time to back that Kickstarter), so I may be canceling all of my nail polish subs once that rolls around.  Or maybe just put SH on hold and continue to skip Julep because Rainbow Honey does send out interesting stuff, although they sent out *way* too much pink this spring/summer.

I got some swatches, in case anybody is interested.

1-insta-squarehue-oct-03.jpg

1-insta-squarehue-oct-02.jpg

1-insta-squarehue-oct-01.jpg

Latest posts

Back