Julep October 2014 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
8 days away from the selection window being open for October! What are we thinking we'll see from Julep next month? 

c3fmw54.jpg

It's such a weird photo. I feel like every one of them is 50% potentially perfect and 50% something definitely don't want. Can't wait to see swatches!

I hope it's just bad lighting in the photo.  Half of them look almost black to me and the other half look like duplicates of things I already have.  I don't get any skips yet (although I got the $16.97 deal with the error that gave me 5 months instead of 3, so I won't feel too bad, regardless).

Then I will possibly skip. I know its fall but give me all the glitter, I need it!
Me too, I want the same!! I would've loved some rust, bronze, hunter green and berry glitters! I really like metals in the fall too. I know they have a few already, but they could have done some variations of gold, silver, rose gold, copper, etc. Oh well :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I want to see photos with better lighting and actual swatches. I hope I like October. I got them to skip me for September, but my birthday's in October and I have enough jules to cash out everything I have left and get a box and an add on polish. I also want get my birthstone polish in the secret store. 

If they're as dark and black/blue/green-heavy as the photo seems to suggest, I may very well end up going with the upgrade, even if they're creams!  I normally hate creams, but when it comes to dark colors, they're okay because I have a lot of toppers -- glitters, flakies, sheer duochromes, multiple bottles of Max Factor Fantasy Fire -- that look *spectacular* over dark creams.  I don't really have any use for that berry, though.  It would be great as an eyeshadow shade, but on my nails?  No.

If they're as dark and black/blue/green-heavy as the photo seems to suggest, I may very well end up going with the upgrade, even if they're creams!  I normally hate creams, but when it comes to dark colors, they're okay because I have a lot of toppers -- glitters, flakies, sheer duochromes, multiple bottles of Max Factor Fantasy Fire -- that look *spectacular* over dark creams.  I don't really have any use for that berry, though.  It would be great as an eyeshadow shade, but on my nails?  No.
That's a really good point! Makes me a lot more excited for this month.

I'm not a fan of dark polishes, so if the polishes really are this dark I'll likely skip for a second month in a row which is bummer. I look forward to getting Julep boxes and have only skipped 3 times in a little over a year. I'm running out of space to store my polishes and still have so many polishes that are unused so I have decided only to take a box if I like the colors as opposed to thinking a polish would be cool to try out (which I do all the time). I'm excited to see some swatches and see what the product will be. Hopefully I can still find a way to take a box, I have many Jules waiting to be used :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Me too, I want the same!! I would've loved some rust, bronze, hunter green and berry glitters! I really like metals in the fall too. I know they have a few already, but they could have done some variations of gold, silver, rose gold, copper, etc. Oh well :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yes to all of this, I would have probably upgraded if it was a collection like that. I feel like the only time we get glitters is December and I need glitter year round.

If the colors end up being the spoiler picture. I'll be upgrading. Dark creams are right up my alley.

I think I'll end up getting a box plus the birthstone color since October is my birthday month. I like dark colors.

I need some more toppers would you mind sharing some more of your budget friendly ideas?

I have way too many dark creams in all colours .. so unless the product is super awesome, I'll skip again. Though the lighting in that picture seems terrible .. I'd guess the white is a new glow in the dark?

I agree, I definitely am excited to see better pictures of the collection, that one sneak peek really does seem to have bad lighting.  

Has anyone else come across any spoilers for oct?  I am new to learning social media and how it all works.  Sorry to be so needy just need to plan the budget/jules/bills and daily unexpected expenses.  Thank you!

Oooo, just read that the beauty product is a

sleep mask
So I may have to take my box after all, I am obsessed with them!

Latest posts

Back