Foundation Catastrophy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not sure if im posting this in the right place, if not please redirect me.

I have dry skin on my face and sometimes I will get patches. I wash my face every night with cerave in the green bottle and use a beauty round from target, I forget what their called but their kind of rough. I use those thinking they'll I guess smooth out any dryness. I then use Vaseline calming lotion, which I know isn't for the face but it's the ony thing I have.

My problem is when I do apply makeup I make sure to wash my face right before. But when I put on foundation (Revlon colorstay for dry skin) you can seriously tell I'm wearing foundation. Even if I put just the littlest bit and buff it out with a brush you can see that it has sunk into my skin. I've tried using Dr brandt pores no more, monistat chafing powder gel as primer abd you can still see the foundation settled. Will any powder or setting spray help this problem or is it my face washing routine? The tools I'm using? The brush I use I bought off Amazon so I'm not exactly how great of quality it is. Should I try using a blender sponge, my hands? Help. I'll show a picture lol try not to laugh at how disgusting it looks. IMAG0563.jpg

My greatest suggestion would be to switch up your skincare a bit, you can continue using your face wash but I would supplement with a good exfoliators at least 2 days a week, and add a better moisturizer. In the winter when my skin gets incredibly dry I use this product by Josie Maran: http://www.sephora.com/argan-infinity-cream-intensive-creamy-oil-P377570?skuId=1488733

Without that moisturizer I find that my skin looks dry and flaky and makeup goes on horribly. Good luck to you!

Thank you! Would you happen to know any good drugstore priced moisturizers? Should it be like a thick creamy consiyency instead of like runny lotion or doesn't matter?

Latest posts

Back