Making videos

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuliaGhostx3

Guinea Saurus Rex
Reaction score
Hey guys. 

Lately, I've been thinking about starting to make videos. I want to be creative and make videos with fun makeup looks, and I would also love to do reviews and stuff and maybe even book reviews or something. xD 
My problem is, and this sounds really weird, but I'm kind of scared to start! I don't know why. I just feel silly sitting in front of a camera and talking to myself. I don't know how to get over that. I'm also not 100% sure how to even start a channel, and the best ways to edit videos. 
Do you guys have any advice to help me with this? Any tips? What can I do to get over my fears? 
Thank you. <3

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, but this is the only forum I could find relating to videos. 

Hi @@JuliaGhostx3

I suggest that you just start filming! There is no better way to learn than start doing it - once you sit in front of the camera and start talking, I think it will come to you. And the best part is- no one will see it if you don't want to and if you are not happy with the result. You can keep practising in front of the camera until you like what you see. 

Also- when you start an English channel it's really hard to grow fast, so your first videos most likely won't get many views until you gain audience, so you can start uploading, and ask people to give you feed backs on how you can improve. 

I have a Hebrew beauty Channel, unlike my English channel, I have many viewers there, and I started by just doing what I've suggested to you:

I've filmed few videos that I didn't even upload, because they were not what I was expecting from myself to produce. Then I started uploading and asked for suggestions for improvements, and I feel that the videos are getting better from week to week. 

Bottom line- Jump in and the rest will follow! I think this is pretty much what everyone on youtube do!

I hope this was helpful! Good Luck! ♥

Hello @@JuliaGhostx3!

I completely understand what you mean! Part of me has been wanting to make videos for a long time. I'm talking years!!! It's scary. I knew that if I started making videos I had to deal with scrutiny and judgement and I'm a very sensitive person and I knew I absolutely couldn't handle that. I used to talk in from of my iMac just for fun and looked back at it and it was just so weird. 

I think the main thing for me that made me get over it was support. My friend came up to me and asked to do videos with me. I knew that well if i wasn't alone then maybe this whole YouTube thing can be bearable. Of course she ended up not doing it with me but I continued to do because more and more people watched and I received more and more positive responses. And it's those positive responses that keep me going. I STILL get so scared and SO shy but I think it helps me grow.

My main advice is basically just to start. With time and practice I promise it'll be better. Good luck and if you need any more more advice feel free to ask. I'm always willing to help people!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back