Julep: December 2014 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and, the swatches are pretty terrible, goopey, and obviously will look better on the nails, but BORING GLITTERS and solids.  :/   !?!?!?!? whatever hahaa saves me money. 

and, the swatches are pretty terrible, goopey, and obviously will look better on the nails, but BORING GLITTERS and solids. :/ !?!?!?!? whatever hahaa saves me money.
Agreed. Except I have points I want to spend on a box, and they keep not having any boxes -- usually not even two colors -- I want!

I have a couple of different subs with Julep, so I was hoping this would be a really good month. I wanted to buy a box and use up all my Jules from one sub on addons so I could cancel it, but I hate all of these colors. Why are they so dark? And not glittery? Huge disappointment for me.

and, the swatches are pretty terrible, goopey, and obviously will look better on the nails, but BORING GLITTERS and solids.  :/   !?!?!?!? whatever hahaa saves me money. 
Some of the polishes were just goopy. I tried my best with the materials I had available to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I can get 2 glitters in the same profile (can't customize) I will take a box, but I doubt I can.

@@Kelly Silva  What did you think of Ruth? Did you get a chance to see it in the bottle or build it up? It reminds me of Color Club The Uptown which the original version has been discontinued. It seems lighter than the uptown, but is it buildable then?

@@Kelly Silva  What did you think of Ruth? Did you get a chance to see it in the bottle or build it up? It reminds me of Color Club The Uptown which the original version has been discontinued. It seems lighter than the uptown, but is it buildable then?
It was one of my favorites I swatched, it's definitely a jelly though. Will need a few coats, or undies to be opaque. But it was packed with the flakes so that was good. Looking up swatches of The Uptown, that looks more blue than Ruth, and the flakes are like a golden pink holo shade. But if I remember correctly, it didn't seem goopy like most jellies I've used, so that was good.

It was one of my favorites I swatched, it's definitely a jelly though. Will need a few coats, or undies to be opaque. But it was packed with the flakes so that was good. Looking up swatches of The Uptown, that looks more blue than Ruth, and the flakes are like a golden pink holo shade. But if I remember correctly, it didn't seem goopy like most jellies I've used, so that was good.
Thanks! Hmmmm I see it's only $20 on Julep right now, and the $10 off $20+ code worked on it... I might just bite the bullet and get it. I don't have Padma yet either, so it's not as annoying to me!

Anyone notice the price increases on Julep's website? Lipgloss is $20 (used to be $16) and single polish addons at checkout are $6.99, not $4.99.

The eyeliner set is calling my name, but not really any of the polishes with the exception of maybe Ruth.

I might actually just sub in all makeup this month. The only one I really like is Soleil. I'll make the decision once I get my Secret Store purchase, since I don't even remember what I bought, and my Diamond Mystery Box.

So last year I made a personal goal with myself to be a Julep Maven & take every It Girl box all 12 months of 2014. I'm pretty proud that I've gone through with this somewhat silly goal of mine, & while bittersweet I'm also glad this is my last month of Julep. A lot of stuff impressed me & a lot of stuff irritated me, I don't regret anything & didn't go through experiences nearly as bad as the rest of you guys, but I just don't see the overall value in this company anymore.

That being said, WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THESE COLORS. Paula is really the only 1 I'm interested in, & mostly for the micro shimmer element. I really hope it's all a cruel joke Julep played on everybody @ the meet up. After the last 2 maven boxes & all these fancy polishes that they released for the holidays, this seems like a major step backward. It's almost like they want mavens to skip this month.

Latest posts

Back