getting Rid of Eye Circles

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm at my wits end about this.

I've got these circles under my eyes that make me feel super insecure about how I look. None of the creams I've bought work. I sleep at least 8 hours a night, I exercise intensely at least 3x a week, I eat well, don't smoke.... There's little more I can do, I feel like.

Does anyone know how to get rid of these damn things?

I believe Strivectin has a dark circle cream. I used to sell it at my work and people would swear by it.

It really depends one what's causing your dark circles. If they are cause by some health issue, then addressing the underlying issue would help to get rid of them. However, if your dark circles are hereditary, a good concealer is the only way to deal with them. I have ever-present dark circles, which get worse when my allergies kick in, or when I'm sleep deprived. So, I know exactly how frustrating they are , but I don't think there is a skin care product that can get rid of them.

LD4202!!!! lol, sounds like a star wars name!?

im sorry about your predicament, but i doubt i would fully rely on another product to "cover" it up... there's gotta be a solution within this vast universe of ours.

Personally I dont have to deal with continual dark circles, i do have them occasionally when i've had a long night or series of long nights but that is normal and they usually go away quickly.

What i would like to think is that our skin will soak up as much as possible of whatever we put on it. Whether that be good or bad is dependent on you and your choices. i've been on a natural, organic binge for the last year or so and feel that i'll never go back to using synthetic products on my skin. It just makes sense to me that we directly feed our skin(pores) with the products we apply everyday. Sure we cant limit everything but for the variables we can control, y not?!

I mentioned this in another post of mine, i use Alert which is an eye cream by Lalogy. I dont suffer from dark circles like i said so i cant fully vouch for it being the cure for your dilemma but I would definitely give it a try as it has done wonderful things for my eyes..

good luck and cheer up!!! like i said, theres ALWAYS  a solution. =)

Allergies and diet really seem to make all the difference in how my eyes look.  If my allergies are flaring up, my eyes and the area around them get so puffy and dark.  It looks awful.  Same thing happens if I eat anything "bad" or with too many carbs.  High carb meals make me bloat, and my eyes suffer, too.  When I keep these two things in check, my eye circles aren't nearly as bad.

I know it can be genetic ,if so i'm sorry there is little you can do but def invest in a full coverage concealer it'll be your best mate on crappy days. If it's underlining health issues ,perhaps you need to speak to a derma or your local gp they can help with that? In terms of lessening the under eye circles the lotions and potions out there are a many. I've been told time and time again that avocado creamy eye treatment from kiehls is meant to be excellent, i have yet to try this. I've used an eye brightening cream from boots' no7 that worked for a while ,it def helped to brighten the area and lessen the circles. I've also tried balance me's wonder eye cream ,whilst it helped it brighten the area it didn't help in the circling s lessening and I actually ended up with the lovely white bumps underneath my skin (silly me didnt notice this whilst i kept using it for a few months gah! allergies!) At the moment I'm using a night eye cream from Oriflame ,a brand much like Avon but much better. It's a swedish cosmetics/skincare company ,i'm sure you can order online via a sales person in your area (I'm not sure where youre from?). Theyre skincare lines are amazing i've been using their products since I was a tot and continued to. You could google them and see if you can get their products , if not i'd suggest a trip to a dermatologist as they def know best and could help you better than any of us (unless the ladies here are derma s ?). I know exactly how you feel about the dark circles , they make me self conscious , sometimes they end up looking like i'm a junkie :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I cannot wait to get my hands on that kiehls cream ,really hoping it's as great as people say it is.

Is really not easy to get rid of dark circles. It may takes quite some times to cure it. 

Suggest to have good sleeping lifestyle, dont stay up too late & don't look at PC for long hours. 

Good diet & moderate exercise shall help gradually. Also, try to apply eye cream that helps to reduce dark circles (take some times).

Cheers. 

You should try castor oil. It will help. That's what I use for eye circles. Also, make sure you get some good sleep. 

Castor oil, iron supplements (trust me, I had the same issue before as a child), and some sleep. Iron is the most important factor though. 

I know just how you feel, dark circles are the bane of my life! I use Temple Spa's eye truffle which is brilliant. 

For longer term I actually haven't found a solid solution. I, like you, sleep a lot and exercise! I have tried almost everything to get rid of them but to no avail so I stick with Temple Spa's remedy. 

If you can't get rid of them then I would say don't worry about it, its how you look and that's that. I am sure nobody else notices and its not a big deal. Plenty of other people suffer with it, that's why there are so many products tailored to covering them! Though if you do find a cure please let me know!

Nat xo

Last edited by a moderator:
Darkening under the eyes can be genetics. My friend has it and she feels bad. She used to hide it with a concealer every time she goes out of the house. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back