Is it just me?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, I don't actually think it's just me -- seems like the interest in SquareHue has really died down.  I don't read about it much from any other bloggers, and this board is getting more and more quiet.  Look at the number of comments by month.  They keep going down.

Think SquareHue is fading?  I got a survey from them recently and hope they start selling polishes individually and also have more different finishes.  It's hard to judge from where I sit, but I just don't think the interest in their sub box is being sustained; they're not being innovative enough.  Same ol' same ol'.

Thoughts?

I don't know. I'd really like to subscribe to them because I love the concept, but I don't wear shimmery shades and that seems to be what they are about lately. 

I don't know. I'd really like to subscribe to them because I love the concept, but I don't wear shimmery shades and that seems to be what they are about lately.
Huh. I feel like they do a lot of creams! Not a fan of creams over here. October was two glossy creams and a flat cream.

But to @@TheSilverNail's point: Yeah, I think they're getting boring. I couldn't remember what went out in September, and I'm finding that I have a harder time from month to month remembering what went out each month, even *during* the month.

Huh. I feel like they do a lot of creams! Not a fan of creams over here. October was two glossy creams and a flat cream.
I looked through their lookbook in September and most of the collections had 1 or 2 shimmers or micro-glitters (which tend to look really shimmery to me). I just prefer cremes or chunkier glitter. 

I do feel like they need to evolve a bit - certainly not as much as Julep has, but a little bit. As companies grow, change is not only necessary, it is inevitable. The survey was a great step in the right direction...different colours and finishes are a great step, as well as potentially having 2 or even 3 boxes to choose from each month (if 3 is too many than start with 2). They could put up the teaser pics for both and then people can choose box 1 or 2 each month. One might have more mainstream colours and finishes and the other could have shades that are a bit more funky perhaps!

I do feel like they need to evolve a bit - certainly not as much as Julep has, but a little bit. As companies grow, change is not only necessary, it is inevitable. The survey was a great step in the right direction...different colours and finishes are a great step, as well as potentially having 2 or even 3 boxes to choose from each month (if 3 is too many than start with 2). They could put up the teaser pics for both and then people can choose box 1 or 2 each month. One might have more mainstream colours and finishes and the other could have shades that are a bit more funky perhaps!
That's a great idea!  Plus you know there'd be some people who'd want BOTH boxes, which would be a win for SquareHue.

You should post this idea on their FB page!

Hmm. For me, getting very similar colors a couple months apart is a huge turn off. I enjoy how the colors fit the theme they have for the month, but when you send me 5 different variations on white/cream in 3 months, that gets stale and causes me to lose interest, plus the fact that someone there is a huge fan of yellows and doesn't tap into the potential of green and purple colors.

Latest posts

Back