What is your most precious makeup item?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you have a product that was probably way too overpriced, but you still bought it and now hold on to it dearly, as it makes you feel more special? If so, what is it?
Mine would be Burberry Lip Cover in Vintage Rose, it's not the most unique formula, color or anything, but it's just so gorgeous, the packaging is beautiful, and it's lovely to have it in my collection

Last edited by a moderator:
My Givenchy Terre Exotique bronzer. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, it is like a work of art. :wub:   I've never used it and I don't plan on using it, LOL. I bought the same color (Douce Croisiere) in the Poudre Bonne Mine, so I never have to put a brush to my gorgeous bronzer.

Mine's silly...but it's my Chella eyebrow pencil. I love it and one only lasts me 2 weeks, so I alternate with dipbrow to make it last longer. I start to have panic in my heart if I get down to just one back up  :blush:

Mine's silly...but it's my Chella eyebrow pencil. I love it and one only lasts me 2 weeks, so I alternate with dipbrow to make it last longer. I start to have panic in my heart if I get down to just one back up  :blush:
Useful can be just as important as pretty to look at! I'd have an apoplexy if I couldn't get the UD Primer Potion in Sin anymore. That's one of my very few HG items!

My most precious item has a very sad ending. I still get upset about it every now and then when I think about it and just -clenches fist-

I had a limited edition chrome-mirrored Hello Kitty compact mirror from Sephora. I loved that friggin' mirror. I had it for two years, and It came everywhere with me, and I'd whip it out in public places to apply my lipstick just to hear people say "I love that compact" because it was perfect

A little over a year ago, I accidentally leave my makeup bag (that has my keys attached to it and a number of my favorite lipsticks) with the mirror in it in the room that my acapella group practiced in. I searched frantically, checked lost and found. It never turned up. 

So yeah, someone is out there, with my mirror that can't be bought anymore. Applying my Clinique Chubby sticks.

Remind me to look up how to lay hexes on lost/stolen items guys. I have unfinished business....

i'd probably have to say my sigma flat brush. 

i use it like everyday to put my foundation on. 

its the perfect foundation brush i've ever owned. 

it will never be the same without it!

This is gonna sound ridiculous but my Wet N Wild Fergie Take on the Day eyeshadow primer. I love love love it and it's not available in Canada and I can't find it online anywhere that ships to Canada, even bluescandal doesn't have it! I didn't buy a backup so I ration it. Once I run out I'm going to try the NYX HD primer, but there will be a hole in my heart.

In terms of pretty things, probably my Anna Sui lip rouge. I can't take it anywhere because the packaging is so intricate and fragile!

Besame lipstick and rouge, so freaking pretty. I haven't even thrown out the boxes.

IMG_20141018_203549.jpg

This is a hard one, price wise MAC Morange, because I don't normally buy such expensive lipsticks, (I'm a hight street make up kind of girl, and MAC are expensive to me.) My most precious make-up items are all the Revlon lippies I spent ages hunting down on ebay and amazon, Strawberry Suede being one of the hardest to find, but I got it! And Barry M's Orange, which was discontinued years ago and which I finally got hold of, fell in love with, then managed to find a back-up of.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My most precious item has a very sad ending. I still get upset about it every now and then when I think about it and just -clenches fist-

I had a limited edition chrome-mirrored Hello Kitty compact mirror from Sephora. I loved that friggin' mirror. I had it for two years, and It came everywhere with me, and I'd whip it out in public places to apply my lipstick just to hear people say "I love that compact" because it was perfect

A little over a year ago, I accidentally leave my makeup bag (that has my keys attached to it and a number of my favorite lipsticks) with the mirror in it in the room that my acapella group practiced in. I searched frantically, checked lost and found. It never turned up. 

So yeah, someone is out there, with my mirror that can't be bought anymore. Applying my Clinique Chubby sticks.

Remind me to look up how to lay hexes on lost/stolen items guys. I have unfinished business....
It looks like you can pick up one of those mirrors on eBay for about ~$25. Not exactly a steal, but if it's a HG item for you that you miss...  :flowers:

@pokeballssohard Ouch! I feel your pain... If your hex's won't get them the Karma God's will...

My most precious make-up item product-wise, would be my Smashbox primer.

Tool-wise, it would be my glove-palette system. You can read about it in the Oct/Nov (2014) issue of Make-up Artist Magazine. (pg. 52-53).

I think my most precious makeup items are minis. In some ways, they seem more precious because they're harder to come by than the full size versions. I have some mini lipsticks from Burberry, Givenchy, and Dior that are adorable/gorgeous, some mini Dior shadow quints, and a sample of Guerlain Meteorites that I love. I wish the packaging on the Meteorites sample was a little nicer, but I'm unlikely to be able to justify buying the full size anytime soon, and in the meantime I get to enjoy sniffing them and rolling them around in their little container.  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My Guerlain Meteorites and Laura Mercier Artist Palette. The artist palette because they did not do a new one this year and I love it and the meteorites are so pretty in their gold container topped with their red pouf. I may just have to buy Dore after the holiday season just so I don't go through the d'Etoiles too quickly!

My most precious makeup item is actually a perfume. When I was in France a few years ago on a trip with my university, I got a bottle of Miranda from Fragonard when the group I was with toured the factory in Eze. I'm from a little hick town in Pennsylvania so going to France was a dream. I can't wear it often as it can trigger migraines in me (which I should have realized since I got a migraine the day I bought it but never made the connection) but I love having it on my vanity just to smell every so often and remember that awesome trip. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My Guerlain Meteorites and Laura Mercier Artist Palette. The artist palette because they did not do a new one this year and I love it and the meteorites are so pretty in their gold container topped with their red pouf. I may just have to buy Dore after the holiday season just so I don't go through the d'Etoiles too quickly!
s1642388-main-hero-300.jpg

Like this one?  It's $58 at Sephora...

Latest posts

Back