E.L.F. Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ahh I had this whole post typed up and lost it!

I put my makeup on in the car while I am waiting at a train. I wake up SO early and just need to look presentable in the AM.

I used to use Estee Lauder Double Wear - stay in place powder makeup.. but I could never find a great color match and you barely get any makeup for the price.

I switched to e.l.f. studio pressed mineral foundation and it has been a disaster. It comes off onto my shirt collar, it wipes off if I blow my nose, within 2 hours I'll have patients asking me if I have a rash on my face. Yesterday one of my kiddos asked me why my face was so red and bumpy. How embarrassing!

I like using powder because it is really easy to put on in a hurry and doesn't get all over my bag because it's in a compact. You also don't need a brush and sometimes I hate the feeling of cold wet makeup on my face so early in the AM.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for a powder foundation that is drugstore or maybe even just a good powder foundation? Long lasting, good coverage?

Mac Studio Fix is the best powder foundation I've ever used, last all day and you can touch up with out getting cakey. It's not super cheap, but one lasts 4 month with daily use for me. 

the two i know of are l'oreal's mineral foundation & physicians formula. 

i've honestly never tested their mineral foundations before, but I really recommend those being the best "drugstore" ones you can find. PF is really simple to find your right shade, they aren't too complicated at all and their coverage is pretty great (as far as I know only testing a few other products they have). 

i really wouldn't stick with e.l.f...as nice as their products are inexpensive, its not always the right makeup to use daily. especially if you are looking for a nice overall finish.

hope you can find something that helps you out!

Back