Best TOM box?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend the best Time of Month box? I'm thinking of subscribing to one but wanted to get some recommendations. Sorry if this is a repeat topic, I didn't see a post on it while I was looking for info.

Actually I'd love to get some input on this too. I've tried Bonjour Jolie and The Period Store. I get the impression (from personal observation and reading reviews of other boxes) that TOM boxes aren't going to be high value so you need to pick one that is prompt about shipping (got to have it arrive at the right time!) and has the extras that really jive with your personality. 

Both Bonjour Jolie and The Period Store had very timely shipping and had a wide selection of period products. My impression of the extras was that Bonjour Jolie had a mix of indie/etsy-style products (made in someone's kitchen) and drugstore brands (like Sally Hansen polish and Russell Stover chocolate). The Period Store had one quality food item and was supposed to have a piece of art. In my box it was a $* POSTCARD!

I'd say value-wise, Bonjour Jolie was definitely better but the contents weren't for me. The Period Store could have been my HG TOM box but messed up by sending a postcard instead of bothering with a print or even a letterpress card. The postcard just made me grumpy.

Keep in mind these reviews are based on one box from each place. (Bonjour Jolie in summer 2013 and The Period Store in fall 2014.) 

The only one I've tried is Bonjour Jolie. It never arrived at the correct time, but I still really enjoyed it. They send amazing snacks. The other items could be hit or miss. I actually really liked their own brand of lip balm and other items, but they don't seem to be sending those out as much anymore. 

I always try to get the mystery boxes when they come up, and there's one available now:

http://www.bonjourjolie.com/mysterybagsale

I just got the Swaag Box this past month, they had a $5 for your first month sign up promotion.  After that it goes up to $15, I think.  I got some drug store make up choice between pads or tampons, some mini candy bars and a breast cancer awareness bracelet.  It was a good deal for $5, but not sure about the $15.

Back