-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo
- - - - -

Memebox Skinfood & The Face Shop Box

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 4 OFFLINE   monkeyx3

monkeyx3

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined 15-February 14
Reviews

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:04 PM

Hey everyone~

Well Meme released the skinfood box & the face shop box recently, and of course, I went and purchase it. (I'm literally going broke because of them....) Anyways, got my box today and here are what's in the two boxes. I purchase them as a value set with the express shipping. Literally came to me (I'm location in the US, GA to be exact) in a day day when it got ship on the 29th (yesterday). Express indeed! LOL.

FACE SHOP (all these are full size)

20141030_182202.jpg

1. Calendula Eden Essential Moisture Cream (50ml)

2. Lovely Me:ex Pastel Cushion Blusher (5g) 

• this product has 5 color ranges you randomly get: 01 Rose Cushion; 02 Coral Cushion; 03 Plum Cushion; 04 Pink Cushion; or 05 Peach Cushion.
  • I got 03 Plum Cushion which is like a med-light pinkish color (nowhere near "plum" color). Also it comes with the white fluffy cushion powder thing that you can use to apply it with. IDK what's it call. sorry.

3. Lovely Me:ex Mini Pet Hand Cream (30ml) 

• 4 kinds of hand cream you randomly get: Baby Powder; Sweet Fruits; White Floral; or Fruity Floral.
  • I got Baby Powder. 
  • the packaging is cute. It's in a small (tiny) pot with a lid that has an animal. cuteeeeee!

4. Lovely Me:ex Dessert Lip Balm (6g) 

• 3 different balm you randomly get: 01 Strawberry; 02 Orange; or 03 Honey.
  • I got 01 Strawberry. Smells pretty nice.

5. Lovely Me:ex You&Eyes 05 Sand Brown (1.6g) 

• It's an eyeshadow that is a brownish-dark tanish color with a hint of shimmer (not exactly glittery type ---more shimmery). Looking in real life, it seems to me that the shimmer has a hint of gold reflection to it.

6. Milk Plus Calming Moisture Body Lotion (300ml)

Impression: Not bad. Will definitely use these items..especially the lip balm and hand cream since it's getting colder now :). Not much of a blush type of girl, but eh..might try it out since the color of the blush doesn't look too intimidating. Moisture cream and body lotion is going to go into my "try-out-lotion/cream" pile that I have lined up in rows against the wall on the table. The eyeshadow, I will probably not use for a bit since 1. I'm not much of a shimmer eyeshadow color and 2. i have so much eyeshadows I have yet to even open, let alone touch. sad sad sad. Oh and the box itself is a but smaller than the usual..

SKINFOOD (all these are full size)

20141030_182028.jpg  

1. Facial Water Vita-C Cream (75g)

2. Black Sugar Mask Wash Off (100g)

3. Egg White Pore Meringue Foam (200ml)

4. Tomato Whitening Toner (180ml)

5. Choco Eyebrow Powder Cake (4g)

• 2 different kinds you randomly get: 01 Grey Khaki Black; or 02 Grey Brown. Comes with a small brow brush. Has 2 color in them. (almost similar to ELF eyebrow powder duo)
  • I got 01 Grey Khaki Black although you can barely tell it's "black".

Impression: The products are pretty decent size especially the egg white pore foam and the toner so yay! I'm a sucker for those type of things. I've always wanted to try the black sugar mask wash off so I think this is a good way to try it, especially it's a full size also. Not too crazy about the eyebrow powder, but whatever..I'll try it out and see. Off the bat, the color does seem to be a bit too light for me, but who knows. Face cream, again, go into the "try-out-lotion/cream" pile. The box itself is a bit bigger than the usual.

Overall, the two box is pretty good. Full sizes products for both. Face Shop has cute looking items while Skinfood is more "normal" looking.. I don't know about other meme-ers, but I definitely need to buy another makeup table to hand all these products from them I get. and I still have more boxes to come..boy oh boy. Anyone know if Meme is doing their boxes different sizes now based on the box theme or so? Face shop is smaller, while Skinfood is bigger (than usual)

If anyone wants to see a closeup of any of the products, let me know :) I will post them up.

Anyone else got these (or 1) boxes?

Edited by monkeyx3, 30 October 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#Post 2 of 4 OFFLINE   northtosouth

northtosouth

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 17-October 14
Reviews

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:33 AM

I'm due to get mine today, super excited. I will use everything in the TFS box (though the value isn't great, I had been looking at that pet hand cream anyway and I got both boxes for $50 shipped / £15 each :) ) As for skinfood, the grey khaki black brow set won't work for me (redhead), hopefully I can swap for the brown if I get that one.

• monkeyx3 likes this

Putting Memebox products to the test: http://north-to-south.tumblr.com

#Post 3 of 4 OFFLINE   monkeyx3

monkeyx3

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined 15-February 14
Reviews

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:13 AM

I'm due to get mine today, super excited. I will use everything in the TFS box (though the value isn't great, I had been looking at that pet hand cream anyway and I got both boxes for $50 shipped / £15 each :) ) As for skinfood, the grey khaki black brow set won't work for me (redhead), hopefully I can swap for the brown if I get that one.

Agreed. If one thing I hope Meme will allow us to do (even if its for a limited time) is to choose what we want in our box. like a "Make your own memebox" and have products for us to choose from. In general, the value isn' t that great, but they each contain something I been wanting to try so :) I also just bought the Innisfree box that just got release...

#Post 4 of 4 OFFLINE   northtosouth

northtosouth

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 17-October 14
Reviews

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:16 AM

I haven't got the innisfree. Could be an error but the products I'd be most interested in from them, I have equivalents from other brands...

Putting Memebox products to the test: http://north-to-south.tumblr.com

• 2,323,302 Posts
  • 109,583 Members
  • 18,571 Reviews
  • 54,002 Albums