Allure Winter Beauty Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It didn't look like anyone else started this, so here it goes!

My Subscription Addiction has links and the only picture of the items I've seen: http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2014/11/allure-winter-2014-beauty-box-reveal.html

I calcuated $217.09 for the entire box, which is lower than the advertised $250 and the $300+ it has been in the past.  Considering that I paid a premium by pre-ordering that is a little upsetting...I wish I still had the pre-order email because I could have sworn they said each box would be worth a certain amount.  It's still a good deal, and there are enough basics in here that I'm not upset, it just really feels like it's missing a high end item or two. 

(oh and the bolded items are the things I'd buy anyway - I get $58, so everything else is just a bonus!)

Hair
  • Aloxxi Conditioning Detangler ($20)
  • John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Colour Protecting Moisturizing Conditioner ($5.63)
  • John Frieda Frizz Ease Nourishing Hair Oil Elixir ($8.48)
  • Not Your Mother’s Whip It Up Cream Styling Mousse ($11.27)
  • RUSK Texture ($15.99)
  • Style Sexy Hair H2No 3 Day Style Saver Dry Shampoo ($15.95)
  • Scunci Hair Emergency Kit ($5?)
  • Splat Hair Chalk ($9.99)
Face

• Biore Self Heating One Minute Mask ($5.99)
  • Burt’s Bees Cucumber & Sage Facial Wipes ($5.99)
  • Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer ($3.45)
  • Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel ($17.90)
  • Organic Doctor Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Hydrating Radiance Elixir ($17.99)
Body

• Cetaphil Intensive Moisturizing Cream ($7.19)
  • Curel Rough Skin Rescue ($8.88)
  • Dove White Beauty Bar ($1.35)
  • Jergens Natural Glow 3 Days to Glow Moisturizer ($7.38)
  • Sheamoisture Superfruit Complex Body Lotion ($9.99)
Makeup

• Physicians Formula Nude Wear Glowing Nude Blush in Rose ($12.52)
Hands / Nails

• Organic Doctor Organic Manuka Honey Hand & Nail Cream ($24.99)
  • Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure ($1.16)
Other

• Colgate Optic White Toothbrush + Built In Whitening Pen ($15.96)
  • Colgate Optic White Platinum Whiten & Protect Toothpaste ($5.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting!  This had been started in the Fall box thread, but it should have it's own!  I am on the fence.  There are enough products I would like and use but it isn't a "must have".  I am trying to decide, but I am sure I will get caught up in the "rush" of trying to get the box.  Lol!

I wish there was more makeup, but this box does seem to be a better mix of products (not all face wash and hair products). I'll probably end up buying it lol.

I won't be getting this. If there were more makeup items, I would consider it. But I'm excited for everyone else!

fpm3nq0l.jpg

I got an email about it today. I might be tempted of there were more makeup, but this just isn't my type of fun. At least not for 45 bucks.

The WalMart box has the same type of stuff, but for 5 bucks, it's worth it.

Eek, I just realized that I missed a product above!  If you add the John Freida Colour Refreshing Gloss for Cool Brunettes ($11.99) that brings my total to $229.08, which is STILL not $250. 

Also, now that the allurebeautyboxpromo.com link is populated, I like what they have done.  Perhaps it will minimize the WINTER IS RUINED!!! comments on the FB page from people who didn't get one?

I'm also on the preordered list, so I'm getting it anyway. Otherwise, I don't think I would try for this one. That's a lot of effort trying to hope you get there at the exact time and can checkout before they sell out.

It's interesting they are including the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Colour Moisturizing Conditioner, we got the shampoo in the Fall box. Since I never used it, I guess I have a set now? I do love the hair gloss, I've used before and works great. Nothing for blondes this time. I guess my sister is getting pink hair chalk!

I decided to order it. I wanted the hair stuff, and the john Frieda gloss is usually $15 I think so that was worth it for me. Now to wait until it arrives!

Wow- its been live for 46 minutes and still available. Now I feel silly for rushing through my order.

I just ordered mine and no issues at all. Last time I had to refresh a lot of times before I got it to go. Is it bad that I think I want it less if it's not in demand?? I'm sure I'm being silly as I will use or give away all the products!

I got my shipping email this morning since I preordered.  Even though it's not the most exciting box in the world, I'm eager to get it. 

Do you guys think everyone is just on product overload, that it's too close to Christmas, or that this box just wasn't that interesting?  I can't believe it hasn't sold out yet!

I got all the way to checkout and then took another look at the picture of everything again and changed my mind last minute.

That $10 shipping really kicked me in the butt lol...I hate paying for shipping!

I got my shipping email this morning since I preordered.  Even though it's not the most exciting box in the world, I'm eager to get it. 

Do you guys think everyone is just on product overload, that it's too close to Christmas, or that this box just wasn't that interesting?  I can't believe it hasn't sold out yet!
Product overload had a LOT to do with why I decided not to get it this time. I have so so so much stuff right now that I'll never get around to using all of this. And I would part it out for gifts, but a lot of it is drugstore and would be kind of odd to gift to someone on it's own. Plus my female family members and friends know all about these boxes, so it would be obvious where the gifts came from lol...

I think I'll hop on the next box as long as it's not terrible. That's usually the time of year I'm more loose with my credit card LOL

I did the same exact thing! ^^^ I think it's the shipping that makes you be like hmmm, let me re-think...okay nope.

I definitely would have purchased if there wasn't $10 shipping.

I actually got it because it's moisturizer heavy and I need tons of body cream and lotions for winter -I get soo dry!! I know I can sell or gift the items I won't use so that helps too!

Same thing here.  I just can't get past the shipping.  I know with sales and coupons, I can get the stuff I actually use even cheaper.  It is just too expensive for drugstore product.  I had it in my cart twice and changed my mind twice.  I am going to let this one go and get the next box. 

Latest posts

Back