Makeup tips for a guy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a photoshoot coming up, and I have an issue with hyperpigmentation. I have a decent amount and not one or two spots. (I took Accutane, so now my skin is really smooth, just hyperpigmentation left over, luckily no scarring.)

I'm open-minded so I don't really mind wearing make-up to be honest, but I just want it to look really natural. If it looks natural enough, I would probably wear it on a daily basis, because why should only girls get to look nice? lol

I'm just a little confused though. I'm assuming that since I have more hyperpigmentation than a couple spots that a concealer wouldn't do? Should I invest in a good foundation?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good product that I could use? I've heard good things about Mac or Nars. And can I apply it with my hands or do I need a fluffy brush?

Thank you!

Ugh, hate acne and what it leaves behind!

The best concealer for hyperpigmentation might be BB creams - some of the Asian ones provide crazy coverage. It's like a virtual mask on your spots :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'd honestly get one of those foam foundation pads and lightly dab at the parts of your skin with spots and then sort of "blend" it into the rest of your skin so it doesn't look obvious.

Spraying the whole thing with something like rose water as a toner will set it and make it look more natural as well.

About a more long-term hyperpigmentation fix - have you tried azaleic acid? It's amazing. I've been using it for 3 weeks now and my red spots (yes, I suffered from acne too) are visibly lighter. I just use it once a day and apply both carrot seed oil (for further lightening) and rosehip seed oil (just love the stuff) on top.

The combination seems to be working wonders :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back