Indie Glossary

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaganola

Uh Huh Her
Reaction score
So...  We use a lot of acronyms around here, and it's probably completely mystifying to most people!  Here's a thread for acronyms and shorthand.  Please add to this (because I *know* I'm missing lots of stuff) -- and ask if we've missed something you're wondering about!

Not specific to indies, but still potentially confusing to newcomers:

• CoTM-- Color of the month.  Some companies have a shade that is limited to that month and may or may not have a theme.  i.e.: Shiro's November CoTM was Turkey Coma.  CoTM may or may not be available for purchase after their month.  Depends on the company.  [Thanks, @@lovepink!]
  • GC -- General catalog, aka the not-limited edition stuff.
  • HG -- Holy Grail.  Example per @magicalmom:  "Shiro's 'Nic Cage Doing The Charleston in a Bustling Speakeasy' is my HG lipgloss!"
  • IMAM -- Indie Makeup and More (Reddit section)
  • LE -- sometimes it means limited edition, but see the Companies section (context is key!)
  • TAT -- Turnaround time, aka how long it takes for a company to ship your stuff out once you order it.  "Nonexistent TAT" is a very, very good thing.

Companies

• BPAL -- Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab
  • BPTP -- Black Phoenix Trading Post
  • DB -- Debaucherous Bath
  • DC -- Darling Clandestine
  • DG -- Darling Girl
  • GDE -- Glamour Doll Eyes
  • HoG -- Haus of Gloi
  • HW -- Hello Waffle
  • i+ta -- innocent+twisted alchemy
  • LE-- sometimes it means Life's Entropy, but see the general section above (context is key!)
  • NM -- Notoriously Morbid
  • OTM -- Glamour Doll Eyes monthly subscription service.  It stands for "of the month."
  • VC (or NM VC) -- Notoriously Morbid Vanishing Cabinet.  Another monthly subscription.
  • VD (or VDC) -- Victorian Disco Cosmetics

Last edited by a moderator:
HG = Holy Grail, or the perfect item for you in a certain category.

Ex:  "Shiro's 'Nic Cage Doing The Charleston in a Bustling Speakeasy' is my HG lipgloss!"

HG = Holy Grail, or the perfect item for you in a certain category.

Ex:  "Shiro's 'Nic Cage Doing The Charleston in a Bustling Speakeasy' is my HG lipgloss!"
 LOL this reminds me how lost I was for ages whenever anyone would reference Nic Cage glosses. It wasn't until I bought from Shiro and saw them on the site that I was like "Ohhhhhhhhhh!" LOL

CoTM- Color of the month.  Some subs have a shade that is limited to that month and may or may not have a theme.  i.e.: Shiro's November CoTM was Turkey coma.

CoTM may or may not be available for purchase after their month.  Depends on the company.  In the case of Shiro, if you do a search for Turkey coma it comes up which means they still have stock and you can buy it.

Not sure what to write about this thread. I mean you must learn all those acronyms in order to be called as an Updated follower. Modern requirements, you see!!

Hello.  I'm new.  I just subscribed to Vanishing Closet (I covet the Sookie palatte).  I am looking for another Indie sub...then I need help or rehab...eek.

Hello.  I'm new.  I just subscribed to Vanishing Closet (I covet the Sookie palatte).  I am looking for another Indie sub...then I need help or rehab...eek.
Aromaleigh just started a sub called Ephemera...this will be the first month but several of us on here got in, so we will be posting reviews when they arrive! Not sure when more of her subs will be open.

Hello Waffle has a sub, as does innocent + twisted alchemy.

Latest posts

Back