2015 Beauty New Years Resolutions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
charlotte-new-years-eve-2015.jpg

Last year we had a 2014 Beauty Resolutions Thread here and I decided we should go ahead and start one for next year too! (There are only 10 days left to this year including today)!

I'll start us off:

1. Go on a 100-day No-buy a la @Kristine_walker

2. Continue to purchase only cruelty-free makeup and beauty products

3. Hit pan on my Tarte Be Mattenificent palette a la the 2015 Pan that Palette Project @@EggyBread

4. Create customized face charts and make some go-to looks, maybe even participate in weekly looks

5. Possibly start a blog or write some beauty articles, maybe even make a few youtube videos!

6. Focus on minimalism and quality

7. Paint my nails!

What are you going to work on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine should be pretty simple.

1. Stop neglecting my blog.

2. Only purchase from indie companies, with the exception of things like BB points and gift cards, etc.

3. Have no more than 3 subs at a time (and maybe cut down to two after a few months)

4. Make a sizeable dent in my skincare stash and buy NOTHING skincare related until I've done so, unless I'm actually out of a particular product (i.e. I tend to use up masks and toners faster than other things).

I'm thinking of setting up a "rewards" system for myself. Like, if I manage to go 3 months without buying anything (with the exception of my subs), then I'm allowed a small splurge. And maybe if I use up a certain amount of full sized products, I'm allowed to buy one. I don't know. Will have to work that out later.

1. Go on a 100 Day No Buy starting January 1st

2. From May to December rotate between Low Buy and No Buy months

3. Do the 2015 Pan that Palette Project using my Urban Decay Naked Palette

4. Complete a Project 20 Pan every quarter where I will challenge myself to finish 10 make up and 10 skin/body care products 

5. Use up all perfume and skin care samples by the end of 2015

6. Update my make up inventory at the end of every quarter

7. Focus on quality not quantity when purchasing products

8. Post regularly on the No-Buy Support Forum to help keep myself accountable and motivated

*Makeup low-buy. Only exception is my annual Chicago birthday trip in April.

*Finish at least 1 of my lipsticks.

*Use up at least 4 eyeliners

*Press my indie shadows!!

*Find better storage!

Here is my 2015 plan. I am writing it down even though it feels big and scary so that I just commit to it rather than talking myself down. For the first 100 days of 2015 I will not buy any kind of makeup or beauty. Once that is over I will treat myself to a splurge at ULTA with my reward points and oops gift cards. This will give me the chance to replace anything I actually ran down during the 100 days. During this 100 days I will also stay unsubscribed to birchbox and skip julep every month. After the 100 days I will continue on a no buy for the full six months to the end of june). After the first 100 days I can resub to birchbox and take julep if the colors excite me.

Sorry if the wording of this isn't great, I am on my phone but I wanted to make myself share this so I stick to it. I'm also sorry if this isn't the right thread for my plans (eek!)

charlotte-new-years-eve-2015.jpg

Last year we had a 2014 Beauty Resolutions Thread here and I decided we should go ahead and start one for next year too! (There are only 10 days left to this year including today)!

I'll start us off:

1. Go on a 100-day No-buy a la @Kristine_walker

3. Hit pan on my Tarte Be Mattenificent palette a la the 2015 Pan that Palette Project @@EggyBread

4. Create customized face charts and make some go-to looks, maybe even participate in weekly looks

5. Possibly start a blog or write some beauty articles, maybe even make a few youtube videos!

7. Paint my nails!

What are you going to work on?
I'm going to add to this:

8. Develop a better system to clean and dry brushes more regularly (weekly is ideal).

I haven't been on MUT in a while, but I wanted a place to write this down and be accountable...

I'm doing a project 8 pan.  When I use up the 8 products I've chosen, then I am allowed to buy myself one bottle of very fancy perfume.  

I have been really good about not buying soap/body wash, and using up my stash.  But it's been close to 18 months, and I'm still using stash products!  I want to finally finish the stash this year.  I think it can happen.

Organize the products I have a bit better so that I actually use more of them.

Ok, I'm adding a ninth item! Here is my current list of resolutions:

1. Go on a 100-day No-buy a la @@Kristine Walker

7. Paint my nails regularly

8. Develop a better system to clean and dry brushes more regularly (weekly is ideal).

9. Be adamant about sun damage prevention: Apply 1/4 teaspoon to face, 1/4 teaspoon to neck, and 1/4 teaspoon to decollete daily. Apply spf handcream at least 2 times daily.

My beauty resolutions:

1. Not have more that two foundations and two mascara (full size) at a time.

2. Not give into hype and buy LE collections I don't really, really want.

3. Try to buy more drugstore items that I don't really love high-end versions of (eyeliner, lipstick, concealer, foundation primer, setting spray)

4. BUY FEWER EYESHADOW PALETTES

5. Remain Rouge at Sephora

6. Focus my $$$ on indies and perfume

Back