Favorite foundations

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really depends on your skin type and the coverage you need. If you are oily (and need full coverage), the Estee Lauder Double wear or Kat Von D lock it are good choices. If you are dry, but still need full coverage, try MAC foundations (they have broken a couple people out, but it is very individual). 

My favorite one is Luminous Silk by Giorgio Armani

At the moment when I'm going for something with fairly substantial coverage, I often use Shiseido's Radiant Lifting Foundation.  Though I'd like to try some others too, it seems to work pretty decently.

I heave worn Monave Loose Mineral Foundation religiously for almost 7 years and never looked back!

I have terrible acne prone skin, and almost any other makeup out there will break out my face, and not really give me enough coverage. Monave foundation is very pure and actually heals my acne and feels really soothing when applied to my blemishes. 

Their Concealer Crayons (a newer product of theirs) is Amazing as well! I like to use it under the eyes and on problem spots under the loose foundation for extra coverage. Super light weight on the skin and very concealing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They are awesome about sending samples for you to test out in advance too, so if you want to give their foundation a try, just write them at information @ monave.com

My favorite is Guerlain Ldp, it's a natural but substantial coverage that doesn't disappear after a few hours. The best I've tried. A close second is Clarins Everlasting Foundation.

My favorite is Guerlain Lingerie De Peau as well. It's the best foundation I've ever used and about the first one I've used up as well.

Ive been looking for a new foundation too… i just use cover girl right now… tried switching to a CC cream…aveeno…I really don't like it, its super thick or something… hoping to find something light with good coverage for summer !

I am like a foundation junkie... but truthfully... the best foundation in the world is Estee Lauders Double Wear. I like the regular type too.

Other "good" ones ...

- YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation

- CoverGirl's whipped foundation (I think this is discontinued).

Double Wear has tons of different colors so go into a store if possible and get color matched.

What are you looking for in a foundation btw?

My favorite is Guerlain Lingerie De Peau as well. It's the best foundation I've ever used and about the first one I've used up as well.
What is the coverage on this foundation? Characteristics of it?

What is the coverage on this foundation? Characteristics of it?
Guerlain LDP foundation is thinner consistency than EL Double wear but it still covers really well and looks very natural. It just makes my skin look good and doesn't accent the pores or wrinkles. The coverage is buildable too. It doesn't last as long as EL Double wear so I have to do touch ups later in the day but I really love the feel and the overall look of the foundation. It just makes my skin look so much better and feels like nothing on.

Latest posts

Back