Elizabeth Arden cream, weird feeling

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, hope someone can relate, or tell me what the problem is! last week i bought som Elizabeth Arden products ("flawless future"& "visible difference" series) for about $100. It was about 4 produts i had to use, in order to get clean skin.

Description: (1. The skin balancing Exfoliating Cleanser, 2. Skin balancing toner, 3. Caplet serum, 4. Moisture cream SPF 30 PA++)

Now my skin feels a bit odd. I get very hot and red cheaks, they tend to ich allot, and it feels like my pores are bit more open then it is normally. Everytime i scratch it feels like somethings falling off, like Dead skin or something. I have a feeling its the serum, i did after all pay 80$ for it.

Maybe its because my skin reacts to the dramatical cleansing procedure, i dont know, i mean i live in a City... So does anybody really know what it means? I mean are their skin products this good?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, hope someone can relate, or tell me what the problem is! last week i bought som Elizabeth Arden products ("flawless future") for about $100. It was about 4 produts i had to use, in order to get clean skin.

Description: (1. The skin balancing Exfoliating Cleanser, 2. Skin balancing toner, 3. Caplet serum, 4. Moisture cream SPF 30 PA++)

Now my skin feels a bit odd. I get very hot and red cheaks, they tend to ich allot, and it feels like my pores are bit more open then it is normally. Everytime i scratch it feels like somethings falling off, like Dead skin or something. I have a feeling its the serum, i did after all pay 80$ for it.

Maybe its because my skin reacts to the dramatical cleansing procedure, i dont know, i mean i live in a City... So does anybody really know what it means? I mean are their skin products this good?

Thank you!

Sincerley Leona
Had  you used any of these products before? It seems clear that at least one of them must be too irritating for your skin, but there's no real way of knowing which, since it could come down to an ingredient. Maybe try patch testing the products, each on a different part of your inner arms too see which one might be the culprit? Usually, when trying out new skincare or make up, it's recommended that you add one product at a time to see how you react. 

I'm not familiar with their skincare line, so I can really comment on it specifically. However, and individual sensitivity to a particular product or ingredient may be found even among the best lines. If this doesn't work out for you, I would recommended returning it, if possible. 

That seems pretty odd, normally your moisturizer should help with the dry itchy feeling. Also what is the caplet serum for exactly? You should be going through a regimen to advance your skins healing process if you are using an exfoliator, which helps your skin turn over new cells, thus creating a possible irritation, redness and perhaps dryness depending on the type of exfoliator you are using. Using a toner is perfectly acceptable and recommended due to the enlargement of pores that occurs due to unclogging... Sorry to prod, but what did the moisturizer say it would do for your skin? 

Thanks you for your answer. Først of all,

My skin is the oppisite of dry, and has actually always been like that. Now my only problem is im 17 in one month, and im experiencing zits NOW.

Oh the moisturizer came with the cap serum and Some eyegel. But the moisturizer says correctly: "this multi-benefit moisturizer for dry skin provides intense and lasting hydration. Works over time to help fight the appereance of fine Lines and the visible Signs of aging."

Wait a minute. The saleswoman correctly knew i was 17, and i asked her if these products were for elders, like anti-aging. And she said "ofcourse not, oh no the totalt opposite for Young women like you"... Well i cant return these products because i have tested Them all...

Thanks you for your answer. Først of all,

My skin is the oppisite of dry, and has actually always been like that. Now my only problem is im 17 in one month, and im experiencing zits NOW.

Oh the moisturizer came with the cap serum and Some eyegel. But the moisturizer says correctly: "this multi-benefit moisturizer for dry skin provides intense and lasting hydration. Works over time to help fight the appereance of fine Lines and the visible Signs of aging."

Wait a minute. The saleswoman correctly knew i was 17, and i asked her if these products were for elders, like anti-aging. And she said "ofcourse not, oh no the totalt opposite for Young women like you"... Well i cant return these products because i have tested Them all...
Anti-aging is actually good to start early. Your skin is only young once and is getting older every day. It's never too early to start anti-aging. Yay pessimism!  However, I do wonder if she actually took your skin type into consideration. 

You should be able to return the products, even with having tried them. I would think that most any place that sells Arden would have a good return policy. Many places that sell cosmetics and skin care accept returns, from drugstore through high-end. 

Ugh gosh. Thats so insane. See the problem is that there is different active ingredients in the anti-aging creams than in the anti blemish creams, so your going to offset your medication used in your cleanser/exfoliator, and especially if you are getting used to a NEW skincare product, you have to allow your skin time! Its like making bread, you can't just throw everything together. Get used to it right? Gosh. Maybe she's new... 

So what I recommend doing first of all, going back to the store with the reciept and all the products. Bring it to a manager, and ask if you can have a refund for the moisturizer. Tell her what she should already know. Don't worry, the receipt will have her name on it if you don't remember it. 

Other than that, eliminate the use of your current moisturizer. Maybe you can pawn it off to someone. Good Luck, let me know what happens when you take it back! 

Jackie

Okay so this is literally not a positive reaction my skin outbursts? But simply just negative?

She did use a skin tester on me, and i got a free 5 ml serum, even though i bought a big serum later.
She said something about my moisturizing condition level was on C, which is the baddest. To be honest, i have nothing close to dry skin. I mean im only 17. 

But shure, if there is nothing else than to go down there and complain... The problem is used a giftcard... I dont know if that changes and refund policy?

Ugh gosh. Thats so insane. See the problem is that there is different active ingredients in the anti-aging creams than in the anti blemish creams, so your going to offset your medication used in your cleanser/exfoliator, and especially if you are getting used to a NEW skincare product, you have to allow your skin time! Its like making bread, you can't just throw everything together. Get used to it right? Gosh. Maybe she's new... 

So what I recommend doing first of all, going back to the store with the reciept and all the products. Bring it to a manager, and ask if you can have a refund for the moisturizer. Tell her what she should already know. Don't worry, the receipt will have her name on it if you don't remember it. 

Other than that, eliminate the use of your current moisturizer. Maybe you can pawn it off to someone. Good Luck, let me know what happens when you take it back! 

Jackie

Okay so this is literally not a positive reaction my skin outbursts? But simply just negative?

She did use a skin tester on me, and i got a free 5 ml serum, even though i bought a big serum later.

She said something about my moisturizing condition level was on C, which is the baddest. To be honest, i have nothing close to dry skin. I mean im only 17. 

But shure, if there is nothing else than to go down there and complain... The problem is used a giftcard... I dont know if that changes and refund policy?
Your skin really should not react badly to skincare. If it does, it's not properly suited to your skin or is too strong for it. Yes, there are some products you have to have some care with, but what you described is usually a sign of a product not being suitable for you. You can have oily skin and need moisturizer. Some of the excess oil production may be your skin thinking it's been stripped of moisture and overcompensating as a result. 

However, it sounds like she was a bad sales person or trying to take advantage of you, which is absolutely terrible of her. How a refund for something bought with a gift card is handled will depend on store policy. Commonly, if it was on a store gift card, the refunded amount would go back on one. 

I don't know what your goals were in trying out a new skin care regimen. Obviously you can ask for advice in the skincare forum if there is something specific you were looking for or trying to figure out. A good place for some general skin care information is Paula's Choice. Yes, the site does sell her product line, but she has several informational sections with good advice. She also has a Beautypedia that has reviews of products from many skin care bands and lines. You can do searches for product types you are interested in, setting the parameters that suit you best. It can be a good sprinboard for figuring out what brands / products you would like to research further. 

Your skin really should not react badly to skincare. If it does, it's not properly suited to your skin or is too strong for it. Yes, there are some products you have to have some care with, but what you described is usually a sign of a product not being suitable for you. You can have oily skin and need moisturizer. Some of the excess oil production may be your skin thinking it's been stripped of moisture and overcompensating as a result. 

However, it sounds like she was a bad sales person or trying to take advantage of you, which is absolutely terrible of her. How a refund for something bought with a gift card is handled will depend on store policy. Commonly, if it was on a store gift card, the refunded amount would go back on one. 

I don't know what your goals were in trying out a new skin care regimen. Obviously you can ask for advice in the skincare forum if there is something specific you were looking for or trying to figure out. A good place for some general skin care information is Paula's Choice. Yes, the site does sell her product line, but she has several informational sections with good advice. She also has a Beautypedia that has reviews of products from many skin care bands and lines. You can do searches for product types you are interested in, setting the parameters that suit you best. It can be a good sprinboard for figuring out what brands / products you would like to research further. 
Actually ZeeOmega, 

Some skincare procedures cause a natural expected reaction in your skin, like take for example Exfoliation. By exfoliating your skin, you are going beneath the surface to push out (with medication) the p.acnes and other dirt/bacteria that causes skin blemishes. Therefore, you actually usually see a worsening of your acne. This is normal. However, it shouldn't last a long time, without getting noticeably better (depending on your skins condition of course.), and definitely when you are using a specific product to get deep down into your skin, you shouldn't add any different medications (also known as active ingredients.) I agree she sounds like an odd salesperson... 

I would think what they would do Leona, is give you your money back loaded onto the gift card. Some stores even give you cash. Especially if you talk to a manager. If not, that store is in hyjynx. smh.  -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Its normal to get dry skin due to the medication in the product... But you need a moisturizor that won't clog your pores, and that won't add any other medication on top of it. Heres a tip.
Wash your face first, and let it dry before exfoliating. 

20 minutes later, exfoliate it, and wait.

Maybe about half an hour later, use your toner, and wait.

A good 20-30 minutes later, you want to apply your moisturizer, one thats noncomedogenic. 

Latest posts

Back