Why does Mac Studiofix tend to break people out?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've read a TON of reviews about studiofix on MUA, and one reviewer said that it was not meant for everyday wear and that it was only meant for tv/movie/photoshoots. is there some ingredient in the powder that breaks people out?

Not sure, but I have never had it happen to me.

Some people who do reviews on some boards are still going thru puberty, so you have to take that into account. My doctor said puberty ends at 22-24 years of age.

Beige1

i tried it once and didnt like it and ended up buying mac face and body foundation!

It has never broken me out.

If people use it to touch up with throughout the day, I wouldn't recommend that because it has so much coverage (powder plus foundation) that it can tend to cake up in areas. Use a sheer or loose or blot powder for touch ups.

Also alot of people do not like to change out their sponges often enough. Alot of breakouts come from a nasty sponge! Bacteria builds up in them very quickly.

Or maybe it just isn't for you!:icon_wink

Maybe because it`s thick and can clog pores for some people. I think this is one of the things that works or not for some!

I think I am allergic to an ingredient in it. It gives me small red and white bumps on my face immediatly after use. I have some friends that use it regularly, they love it, but I feel it makes their skin look dry and dull.

I have the same thing it just makes my face looking dry and dull on some places and also the color turns orange. So even if it wouldn`t cause any breakouts then I still wouldn`t find it good for me!

I had the worst break-out of my life from Studiofix. I have never had acne that was so red and SORE! I was highly disappointed because I loved the finish that the product gave, but it really took its toll on my skin (after only 2 or 3 days of use). It took 2 weeks after I stopped using it for my skin to look halfway decent. It didn't completely heal for about 5 weeks.

I love that stuff. I havent had a problem. And i have used it with and without primer..

I use it almost every day, put it on w/ a foundation brush, no breakouts and never thought of it as anything other than really light.

Hi,

Breakouts can occur from allergic reactions or dirty tools (brushes, sponges, powder puffs, etc...). My former manager would wear studio fix everyday. Her skin looked fabulous. :icon_lol:

It took 5 years for the horrible reactions from Studio Fix to appear on my skin. I have perfect skin, no break outs at all and this is the only makeup product EVER to break me out. I also think it makes people's skin look dull and lifeless, A HORRIBLE PRODUCT, IMO,ugh. I think the ease of the product makes people defer to it, but it is really awful.

May be because it's a little heavy and clogs pores? I have no idea. I just bought it because Im giving MAC one more chance, I m fed up with MAC foundations because they cause me to have pimples and skin goes crazy, so, my skin s clear and pimples free and I decided to use mac again, this time, Im gonna be the cleanest, lol , I hope I can see a difference, if not, I'm gonna toss it and forget about mac foundations.

I've never tried it before. I don't think I ever will because I'm afraid that it will cause pimples.

I've never used Mac Studiofix personally, so I'm not sure if it would make me break out. Probably, everything does. But here's list of ingredients that I found on www.zerozits.com. They have a list of non-comedogenic cosmetics on there.

"talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

I used this product for about 5-6 yrs. Never broke me out but it did make my skin appear dull and lifeless as someone mentioned. It was great coverage but very mask like. I prefer liquid foundation by far.

Studiofix definitely broke me out. I was sad too because I really wanted to like it. I used it for several weeks, and when I quit, it took a few weeks for my skin to clear up. I don't think it was my sponge, which I changed frequently. I think my skin just didn't like it!

Latest posts

Back