-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Why does Mac Studiofix tend to break people out?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 27 OFFLINE   iluvLG

iluvLG

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 29-July 05

Posted 13 January 2006 - 03:48 AM

I've read a TON of reviews about studiofix on MUA, and one reviewer said that it was not meant for everyday wear and that it was only meant for tv/movie/photoshoots. is there some ingredient in the powder that breaks people out?

#Post 2 of 27 OFFLINE   beige1

beige1

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 03-February 05

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:53 AM

Not sure, but I have never had it happen to me. Some people who do reviews on some boards are still going thru puberty, so you have to take that into account. My doctor said puberty ends at 22-24 years of age. Beige1

#Post 3 of 27 OFFLINE   Satin

Satin

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:48 PM

i tried it once and didnt like it and ended up buying mac face and body foundation!
JANE & SEPHORA - MY TASTE!

#Post 4 of 27 OFFLINE   eyesdancing

eyesdancing

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Joined 29-August 05

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:21 PM

It has never broken me out. If people use it to touch up with throughout the day, I wouldn't recommend that because it has so much coverage (powder plus foundation) that it can tend to cake up in areas. Use a sheer or loose or blot powder for touch ups. Also alot of people do not like to change out their sponges often enough. Alot of breakouts come from a nasty sponge! Bacteria builds up in them very quickly. Or maybe it just isn't for you!:icon_wink
He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.
St Fancis of Assisi

#Post 5 of 27 OFFLINE   lollipop

lollipop

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts
  • Joined 19-August 05

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:37 PM

Maybe because it`s thick and can clog pores for some people. I think this is one of the things that works or not for some!

#Post 6 of 27 OFFLINE   BeneBaby

BeneBaby

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts
  • Joined 10-June 05

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:56 PM

I think I am allergic to an ingredient in it. It gives me small red and white bumps on my face immediatly after use. I have some friends that use it regularly, they love it, but I feel it makes their skin look dry and dull.
Hey friends....Looking for a Makeup Artist in Northern California?
Check out my flyer in the Makeup Artist Forum here.I am also swapping ALOT of stuff.....

#Post 7 of 27 OFFLINE   Liz

Liz

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,574 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:37 PM

it's crazy. either people love it or hate it.
Liz

#Post 8 of 27 OFFLINE   lollipop

lollipop

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts
  • Joined 19-August 05

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:13 PM

I have the same thing it just makes my face looking dry and dull on some places and also the color turns orange. So even if it wouldn`t cause any breakouts then I still wouldn`t find it good for me!

#Post 9 of 27 OFFLINE   Little_Lisa

Little_Lisa

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,335 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:29 PM

How true! I used to wear it and it never broke me out.
Those that can't laugh at themselves, leave the task to others.

#Post 10 of 27 OFFLINE   spazbaby

spazbaby

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Joined 24-April 05

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:49 PM

I had the worst break-out of my life from Studiofix. I have never had acne that was so red and SORE! I was highly disappointed because I loved the finish that the product gave, but it really took its toll on my skin (after only 2 or 3 days of use). It took 2 weeks after I stopped using it for my skin to look halfway decent. It didn't completely heal for about 5 weeks.

#Post 11 of 27 OFFLINE   MacForMe

MacForMe

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • Joined 31-May 05

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:42 AM

I love that stuff. I havent had a problem. And i have used it with and without primer..
I like my money right where I can see it.. sitting in my MAC Traincase!

#Post 12 of 27 OFFLINE   Marisol

Marisol

Elite Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,697 posts
  • Joined 12-February 05

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:45 AM

I think that you just have to use it and see how your skin reacts to it.

#Post 13 of 27 OFFLINE   Becka

Becka

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts
  • Joined 28-December 05

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:50 AM

I use it almost every day, put it on w/ a foundation brush, no breakouts and never thought of it as anything other than really light.

#Post 14 of 27 OFFLINE   Leza1121

Leza1121

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,213 posts
  • Joined 11-January 06

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:29 AM

Hi, Breakouts can occur from allergic reactions or dirty tools (brushes, sponges, powder puffs, etc...). My former manager would wear studio fix everyday. Her skin looked fabulous. :icon_lol:
You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Mahatma Ghandi

#Post 15 of 27 OFFLINE   krazysexxykool

krazysexxykool

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:00 PM

It took 5 years for the horrible reactions from Studio Fix to appear on my skin. I have perfect skin, no break outs at all and this is the only makeup product EVER to break me out. I also think it makes people's skin look dull and lifeless, A HORRIBLE PRODUCT, IMO,ugh. I think the ease of the product makes people defer to it, but it is really awful.
Tonia, a 30 something stila fanatic from Los Angeles, CA DDD w/yellow undertones, normal skin

#Post 16 of 27 OFFLINE   bluebird26

bluebird26

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,126 posts
  • Joined 27-August 05

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:59 PM

May be because it's a little heavy and clogs pores? I have no idea. I just bought it because Im giving MAC one more chance, I m fed up with MAC foundations because they cause me to have pimples and skin goes crazy, so, my skin s clear and pimples free and I decided to use mac again, this time, Im gonna be the cleanest, lol , I hope I can see a difference, if not, I'm gonna toss it and forget about mac foundations.

#Post 17 of 27 OFFLINE   Squirrel27

Squirrel27

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  • Joined 02-October 05

Posted 14 January 2006 - 11:58 PM

I've never tried it before. I don't think I ever will because I'm afraid that it will cause pimples.
~Anna~

#Post 18 of 27 OFFLINE   Nicolet

Nicolet

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Joined 02-May 05

Posted 15 January 2006 - 12:16 AM

I've never used Mac Studiofix personally, so I'm not sure if it would make me break out. Probably, everything does. But here's list of ingredients that I found on www.zerozits.com. They have a list of non-comedogenic cosmetics on there. "talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013
Nicole 38 yrs. old/fair olive complexion/hazel-green eyes/brown hair/combo skin

#Post 19 of 27 OFFLINE   greeneyedangel

greeneyedangel

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,634 posts
  • Joined 31-August 05

Posted 15 January 2006 - 12:55 AM

I used this product for about 5-6 yrs. Never broke me out but it did make my skin appear dull and lifeless as someone mentioned. It was great coverage but very mask like. I prefer liquid foundation by far.

#Post 20 of 27 OFFLINE   FeistyFemme

FeistyFemme

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Joined 12-December 03

Posted 15 January 2006 - 01:01 AM

Studiofix definitely broke me out. I was sad too because I really wanted to like it. I used it for several weeks, and when I quit, it took a few weeks for my skin to clear up. I don't think it was my sponge, which I changed frequently. I think my skin just didn't like it!