Contouring - the Hottest Makeup Trend For Spring

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Kim Kardashian effect, contouring will be front and center as the trend for makeup in spring. Celebrity makeup artist, Mario Dedivanovic says it's the "new diet for the face" and there is a huge demand for it. Many makeup lines are offering contouring products and coming out with new contouring products for the spring.

Here are some new contouring products:

Smashbox contouring set

smashbox step by step contouring set.jpg

Kevin Aucoin Sculpting Powder

kevin aucoin contouring powder.jpg

Laura Mercier Contouring Palette

LM flawless contouring palette.jpg

Marc Jacobs Instamarc Light Filtering Contour Powder

marc Jacobs contouring powder.jpg

Makeup For Ever Pro Sculpting Duo

makeup for ever sculpting duo.jpg

Lancome Contour and Highlight Stick

Lancome Contour and Highlight Stick.jpg

Dr. Jart BB Mate Contouring 1.2.3. Kit

Dr Jart BB Mate Contouring Kit.jpg

I've been eyeballing Kat Von D's Shadow and Light contour set, it looks super versatile and I've heard great things about it! Been wanting to master contouring for a while, I'm determined to get it right very soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I tend to gravitate more towards powders because I just think they look more natural compared to sticks and creams. Thanks for the suggestion, Laura Mercier's palette looks awesome!!

I've been eyeballing Kat Von D's Shadow and Light contour set, it looks super versatile and I've heard great things about it! Been wanting to master contouring for a while, I'm determined to get it right very soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I tend to gravitate more towards powders because I just think they look more natural compared to sticks and creams. Thanks for the suggestion, Laura Mercier's palette looks awesome!!
I've heard a lot of good things about NYX's contour palette too. Rumor has it  that it's a close dupe for the ABH contour palette. 

Hey Guys!

I had a play around with Contouring and Highlighting yesterday using Rimmel's Wake me Up Concealer and Clarins Instant Light Blush. They are both very easy to use because they each have their own applicator brush. I also like that the Clarins Blush has a shimmer to it which gives your skin a luminous glow and the concealer/highligher has more of a matte finish once set with powder. You can check out my blog for the full tutorial on Contouring & Highlighting. Find me on wordpress, pintrest and instagram under neekydoll.Contouring & Highlighting.jpg

Latest posts

Back