Herbal Bliss Co subscription box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my second month with them and they are fantastic!  I love this month's box and Julie (the owner) really does a great job curating this lifestyle and beauty box made with organic herbs and ingredients.  I am posting my review in the spoilers cause it is long - anyone else get this box?

Contents Revealed

The little red envelope contains “flash cards” with a brief description of each product I received.

Texas Olive Ranch/Cowgirl Brands Hill Country Herb Garden Oil   ~  In March, I received a lovely Vinegar by Red Moon Herbs and now I have an olive oil to go with it!   I use OO for much of my cooking, must be the Italian part of me coming out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and this is a great tasting one.  I did a taste test and the herbs in this are subtle but still apparent and vibrant, the oil is has a nice nutty taste to it.   I just purchased some lovely bread at a local coffee shop ~ they make their own ~ and this will be part of my lunch today ~ using the bread to dip into the oil.   This will also work nicely as part of a vinaigrette with the Red Moon Herbs vinegar as well.   This box is off to a great start!   This is made in Texas, in the Hill Country.   Deluxe Size 100 mL  Value $5.98

Description: Our Arbequina varietal extra virgin olive oil is naturally infused with our hill country garden herbs – rosemary, thyme, lavenader, bay, basil and fennel. Perfect on salads, vegetables, white fish, poultry, and as a dipping oil.  Texas Olive Ranch 100% Pure Texas Extra Virgin Olive Oil is pressed from arbequina variety olives grown at our ranch. The arbequina variety was developed in Spain and is especially suitable for growing in the sandy loam soil of the Middle Rio Grande Valley, where the climate is very similar to southern Spain.

Divine Creationz White Sage Smudge Spray ~ I have never used used sage bundles before, but I have heard of them.  White sage (Salvia Apiana) is a broad leaf sage that is known for its strong aromatic scent. Usually, you purchase dried sage bundles for smudging, which is a ritual practice that is used by many cultures for thousands of years.   Smudging, which is the burning of dry sage herbs, allows negative unwanted energy to be cleared and allows cleansing, re-balancing and clear out negative energy, so that we can focus on new, positive energies.  This is a spray that allows you to have similar benefits that you would get from traditional smudging and you do not need to worry about smoke and ashes and can be used anywhere, including your office ~ which there is always negative energy!   You can also use this indirectly on your body, to help free up those toxic energies.   I can smell the mint and the sage in this lovely spray and I am pleased to have received this.   Full Size 2 oz Value $11.39

Description:  Traditionally, White Sage has been used to cleanse and purify a space or a person’s energy field.  A smudge stick is burned, allowing the smoke to carry away any negative or stagnant energy, yet, in our busy and rushed lives, this is not always a convenient or feasible method to use. However… We have the solution!  Our White Sage Smudge Spray was created with the intent of having a sacred smudge available for use anytime, anywhere without having to worry about smoke, ashes, lingering odor, or bringing unwanted attention to your cleansing practice.  This is an excellent alternative to burning sage and is easily used in work spaces, hospital rooms, public spaces, your home and more.   It is very effective for clearing stagnant or negative energy and may also be used to cleanse and detoxify your personal energy field.  Simply, set your intention, for example, “I ask that any and all negative energy be removed from this space and be replaced with light, love and positivity.” and begin spraying the area, making sure to cover corners, closets, under furniture, etc.  You may also  cleanse, detoxify and/or de-stress your personal energy field by spraying approximately 10-12 inches around your body frame, avoiding the face and eyes. Do not spray directly on skin.  You will feel a positive shift immediately!   Mild mint scent smells fresh and cleansing.  100% Natural.  Safe and effective.  External use only

Ingredients: alcohol, distilled water, white sage, comfrey, spearmint, rosemary, essential oil

Dreaming Earth  Botanicals Aromatherapy Sampler Kit  ~  Oh this is so fun!  This is a DIY kit ~ I received two bottles, one of a gentle lotion base and the other a massage oil blend ~ a blend of jojoba, grapeseed and sweet almond oils. Then I have 3 essential oil vials ~ Tunisian Rosemary, Sweet Orange and Provence Lavender Organic ~ that can be added to the base lotion and oil and create my own custom blend of lotion and massage oil!  You can get this kit on their site and pick out your own essential oil scents ~ Bergamot FCF, Eucalyptus globulus, Geranium, Lavender Provence, Lemon, Orange (Sweet), Patchouli, Peppermint, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Cedarwood-Atlas, Clary Sage, Cypress, White Grapefruit, Juniper Berry, Sweet Marjoram, Petitgrain and Ho Wood.   All of these sound lovely!  Dreaming Earth’s website is a joy to read ~ I learned a lot about the oils, their fragrances and they have recipes on how to use the oils as well.     Sampler Kit 2 oz lotion, 2 oz massage blend, 3x 7mL oils  Value $10.00

How To Use:  Add 2 drops of essential oil to 1 teaspoon of carrier ~ carrier being the lotion or oil.

Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis) Essential Oil: with its rich, fresh citrus scent, helps to lift the spirits and calm the nerves Sweet, tangy, warm – just like a freshly squeezed orange.  With a rich, fresh citrus scent, the essential oil of Orange lifts the spirits yet is calming to the nerves. Blend with spicy oils for cheering baths, and add to massage oil for digestive system. Believed to brighten dull complexions. Encourages sleep. Traditional use: astringent, soothing agent, skin conditioner

Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) Provence Essential Oil: Our Organic Lavender Provence Essential Oil is an exceptional lavender with a lovely, velvety-soft, floral aroma.  Herbaceous, floral.  We carry four Lavenders, and this is by far our favorite. The aroma is velvety smooth with a sweetness that’s soft and floral. This lavender essential oil is high in Linalyl Acetate, which gives it outstanding calming and antispasmodic properties. We think it’s absolutely worth the extra expense, especially if you’re looking for an oil to help with relaxation. Lavender is the most versatile of essential oils. It is relaxing and refreshing, uplifts the spirits, and helps to relieve the distress of muscle pain. No home should be without it. Lavender essential oil balances your body and mind, calming or uplifting according to your body’s needs. Excellent for refreshing tired muscles, feet and head. Add a drop to the pillow/sheet before peaceful sleep. Treats burns and reduces scarring. Can be used neat in small amounts on burns, but care still needs to be taken.

Tunisian Rosemary (Rosemarinus officinalis) Essential Oil: Rosemary essential oil is an energizing oil with a strong herbaceous aroma. It helps to relieve muscle aches, respiratory congestion and combats mental fatigue. Use it in the daytime as its energizing effect may keep you awake at night.  Rosemary essential oil is helpful as a before and after sports rub to maintain suppleness, and is said to help combat water retention and cellulite. Good hair tonic. An ‘ideal pick me up’. Rosemary oil combats fatigue and clears a stuffy atmosphere.  The Tunisian rosemary is particularly suited to respiratory congestion due to its higher 1,8 cineole content.

South Austin People (SoAP) Natural Liquid Soap  ~  Last month, I received a Lemongrass Aramatherapy Shower Burst and now this month, I get a Lemongrass soap!  I LOVE Lemongrass and this was a spoiler, but the soap was displayed as unscented.  This is a wonderful surprise to have this soap scented and in Lemongrass.   They have other scents ~ Lavender, Tea Tree, Peppermint, Pink Grapefruit and Rosemary.  I am going to have purchase a few more of these, as I love 100% natural soaps.   Deluxe Size 2 oz Value $2.00

Description:  With Added: Lemongrass Essential Oil.  Lemongrass is a refreshing scent. You will feel like you are taking a shower in a package of lemon drops!  100% natural, no detergents, no sulfates, no chemicals.  Use this soap to wash in the sink or shower.  It can be used to wash just about anything that can get wet

Ingredients:  distilled spring water, pure saponified oil (coconut*, castor*, sunflower* and olive*), rosemary leaf extract (antioxidant), lemongrass essential oil  * certified Organic by QAI

3 Girls Holistic Cleansing Grains Facial Scrub   ~ I’ve used cleansing grains before and I do like them for travel and for showers outside of my home (work, gym) because they are dry and will not leak.  You just mix a teaspoon or two with some water to create a paste and then gently apply to your face and neck, in a circular motion.   Rinse off with warm water.  It is a natural way to exfoliate and clean out your pores.  This scrub has rose petals in it, but it is pretty far down the ingredient list ~ I will do a test patch and most likely, I can use this on my body, if not my face.    Deluxe Size .8 oz Value $4.40

Description: Healing, purifying and restorative herbs blend beautifully in this facial scrub with rhassoul clay and oats to cleanse, exfoliate and nourish your skin. This aromatic blend removes oxidized oil, dead skin cells and dirt, without stripping your skin of everything else. Our herbal cleansing grains are effective and gentle enough to be used daily. Use on face and body alike.

Ingredients: Oat Tops (avena sativa)*, Rhassoul Clay, White Kaoline Clay, Almonds (prunus dulcis)*, Chamomile (matricaria recutita) flower*, Comfrey (symphytum officinale) leaf*, Lavender (lavandula x intermedia) flower*, Poppy (papaver somniferum) Seed*, Rose (rosa gallica) petals*, Essential Oils of Ylang Ylang (canaga odorata)* and Tea Tree (melaleuca alternifolia)*  *Organic   cosDNA.com analysis

The month’s Herbal Bliss box is SO FUN and amazing!   Julie really hit it out of the ballpark with March’s box ~ lots of fun items and unique products that I have never seen or tried before.   I am eager to try the DIY kit and Sage spray ~ lots of negativity lately with my prolonged illness and it is now snowing (again!) in Boston :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Yeah, spring…

I paid $22.00 for my box as I am on a 3 month-subscription and received a value of $33.77.  I love all of the products in here so this is well worth my money.

Wow, looks like a nice box! thanks so much for posting. This looks really interesting. I need to check this out

I have used the 3Girls Holistic cleansing grains before. I got them in another box, can't remember which one.   They are somewhat like Tatcha but not as fine. They worked well. I might add this box soon. 

(removed link)

Last edited by a moderator:
no, it hasn't arrived - I emailed Julie and she is late in getting them out this month.  I hope they go out this week :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  She was waiting on a product.

@@PA Anna  I should be getting my box today!!  Julie also stated that she put in some extras, because of the delay.  I will post a pic when I get home tonight (around 7:30ish  pm EST or so...)

they should be all in the mail.  I don't get any special compensation for blogging!!  lol

two  suggestions I will make to her is that she needs to send out tracking numbers automatically and also, to let her customers know if there are delays

It came today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . I should had waited until after the mail arrived. @@biancardi thank you for taking the time to respond. I had to chase after a couple of subs this month and didn't want to add this to the list. I'm not going to post what is in it unless you really want to know because I think the review you shared here last month is much better than anything I can post about the box.

I will still write a review, but I would love a picture of what is inside!  I won't be home for another 6 1/2 hours!

Here it is.

IMG_0335.JPG

Sweet Grass Farm Farmhouse Laundry Sachet

Portland Apothecary Gosmasio

Skinourishment climbOn Bar (the small metal container)

Lollia by Margot Elena Breathe hand creme - It's in the little box.

Urban Herbal Chocolate Mint Air Freshner

Wild Hibiscus Flower Co Blue -Tea

J.R. Liggett's Old-Fashioned Shampoo Bar

So, here is my review (in the spoiler tags) - if you are looking for a sub that gives you great value for your money, this isn't it.  This sub just gives a little bit more than you paid for it.  But I like it for the unique products, which I know I am not going to get the same ol' same ol' in this sub (so far!)

Portland Apothecary Gomasio I love getting spices and this is really nice a blend of sesame seeds, seaweed and salt, plus a few more ingredient, that are collected from local areas in Portland.  This seems to be very Asian in its contents, as I have used sesame and nori in my dishes before, but never a blend.   I love the nutty taste of the sesame seeds and the salt is not overpowering, for those concerned about salt intake.  This is a full size bottle at 2oz, nicely packaged in a glass jar.  Value $8.00

Description: Our herbal gomasio is a great nutrient-dense addition to your daily meals, and can be used as an alternative to table salt. This blend is a beautiful culmination of carefully collected ingredients from the Applegate Valley to Waldron Island.  Benefits: Kidney, Liver and Adrenal Support.  Add as a finishing salt to rice dishes, avocado toast, eggs and salads.

Ingredients: Black & White Sesame Seeds, Bullwhip Kelp, Nettle Seeds, Milk Thistle Seeds, Pacific Sea Salt.

Skinourishment climbOn Bar  This is a deeply hydrating and moisturizing lotion bar that can be used to soothe any skin issue you might have.   This sample is very soothe to touch and I took the bar out of the tin flat and warmed it in my hands.  That allowed the product to adhere to my palms and then I was able to rub it easily into my elbows, as that is the area that always gets really rough for some reason.  This can be used on cracked heels and as a cuticle balm too.  I can smell the neroli more than the lavender, which is fine, as I have a lot of lavender products!  This is a nice balm product. Sample Size .20 oz Value $2.62

Description: climbOn Bar is a 100% pure (synthetic,chemical free), food grade, skin nourishing product.  We say “If you can’t eat it, don’t put it on your skin.”™ This is a multi-purpose product that can be used to soothe burns, cuts, scrapes, rashes, cracked cuticles and heels, tissue nose, road rash, diaper rash, abrasions, poison ivy…any skin issue that needs deep moisturizing and nourishing. climbOn Bar was originally formulated for rock climbers skin, being used to help the body repair from extreme use and environmental conditions. It’s crossed all barriers since it works on any skin type and any skin issue.  The physical properties of this product include analgesic, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antitoxic, cicatrizant (wound healing), insecticide, vulnerary, bactericidal, astringent, stimulates white corpuscles, and more. WOW!

Slightly filtered, unrefined, yellow Beeswax is used as a humectant (draws moisture), an emulsifier (holds ingredients together naturally), and is water resistent (provides protection). It has a high content of vitamin A which is a key component in human cell development. Beeswax also has antibacterial properties and has been recognized as valuable and used for thousands of years  The aromatherapeutic values of Lavender essential oil are anti-depressant, nervine, calms stress related conditions, shock and insomnia. The Neroli has aromatherapeutic values of anti-depressant, aphrodisiac, mild hypnotic, and stimulant.

Ingredients: Cera Alba (unrefined yellow beeswax), Prunus armeniaca (apricot kernel oil), Lavendula angustifolia (essential oil of lavender), Vitis vinifera (grapeseed oil), Triticum vulgare (virgin wheat germ oil), Essential oils of Citrus Limon (lemon),  Citrus vulgaris (neroli), (non GMO) Tocopherol (Vit E)  cosDNA.com analysis

J.R. Liggett’s Old-Fashioned Shampoo Bar  I am familiar with J.R. Liggett products, made in my neck of the woods, the Northeast, and I have tried their lemon-lime body wash ~ it is very nice!  This is the original formula shampoo bar ~ it is NOT soap!  It is small, but shampoo bars last a long time.  This mini will last me about a month (seriously!)   You do not want this shampoo bar to “sit” in water, so invest in a wooden soap holder that drains.  You don’t even have to use a conditioner afterwards, as it is so hydrating.   This is 100% natural and it will leave the natural oils in your hair intact, so it will not strip it dry and is not harsh.  The Original formula scent is very unisex, fresh and clean-smelling.  It is free of sulfates, parabens and detergents.  Mini size .65 oz Value $1.34

Ingredients:  Saponified olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, fresh pure new hampshire spring water, sodium hydroxide (a binder) and essential oils for fragrance. 

Wild Hibiscus Flower Co Heart-Tee Blue Tee I wish there was more than one tea bag in here!!   But this product is not that expensive, so I will just go ahead and purchase it.  This is an interesting tea, made from 100% pure butterfly pea flowers, which gives this tea a vivid blue shade.   Butterfly pea flower tea is a traditional Thai drink, where they make it iced and serve with honey and lemon to welcome guests and friends.   It changes to purple when lemon is added.   Each teabag contains the equivalent of 16 butterfly pea flowers!    1 teabag Value 30 cents.

Description:   A mild tasting tea with intense blue color.  The flowers are a very high source of anthocyanin antioxidants. Hot or iced herbal tea – Mix one Blue tea bag with one Heart-Tee Hibiscus tea bag for added boost of flavor and antioxidants.  Add honey and lemon for the traditional Thai welcome drink – nam dok anchan.  Liquor infusions and cocktail ingredient.  Great for a colorful punch ingredient  

Sweet Grass Farm Farmhouse Laundry Sachet  The card didn’t say what scent I received, but I believe it is the Lemon Verbena, as I can smell lemons!  This is a really cool concept ~ it can be tossed into the dryer, with your clothes, to freshen them.   Or you can use this in your clothes drawers as well.  Sweet Grass Farm mentions that it can go into gym bags or any sticky place!  I am very interested in their Herb Blossom sachet scent as well.   If these are used in the dryer, they are good for 5-6  cycles, so I think I will use them in my clothes drawers so it will last longer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    If you decide to use this in the dryer, there is a little bag that you place your sachet in, as to protect the sachet from breaking open.  I also am really liking Sweet Grass Farm’s website and their products ~ they have things like hand soap, cream, candles, furniture polish, all purpose cleansers, laundry soap, body scrubs ~ just a lot of really cool items in a variety of scents!  I am bookmarking this site as I want to purchase some items from them.    This is another New England company, located in New Hampshire.   1 sachet Value $2.31

Scents
  • Lavender ~ Our signature fragrance made with pure lavender essential oil.
  • Fresh White Lilac ~ Light and green floral smells just like a lilac bush in full bloom.
  • Lemon Verbena ~ Top clear notes of bright lemon with earthy green verbena.
  • Herb Blossom ~ A fresh fragrance based on sunwarmed blossoms of coriander, thyme, and tarragon. A touch of green parsley finishes the effect.
  •  

Urban Herbal Chocolate Mint Air Freshener   OMERRGAWD  This smells so good, I want a chocolate mint ice cream cone.   This is just too decadent!   I have no idea what is in this, as there is no ingredients posted and I don’t care.  This smells effing amazing.   It is a wonderful dark chocolate scent, sweet, with mint.   There is even a mint sprig in the bottle!  Lovely, lovely, just lovely.   This company is located in Texas.  I think this is about 2 oz, as my scale states 2.5 oz.  I think that the full size is 8oz, so that would make this value about $4.25

Lollia by Margot Elena Breathe Petite Hand Cream   I am not into really floral-y scents, but this is a really pretty, delicate scented cream,  with florals, citrus and green woodsy scents ~ it works very nicely together and the citrus and woodsy scents help tone down the floral notes.  It is all very subtle and light, a perfect scent for a spring evening.  The cream is very light weight in texture, but it is very moisturizing and does not leave a greasy or tacky feel to the skin.  This contains rich shea butter, vitamin E, macadamia nut oil, honey extract and avocado oil, as well as aloe vera and lavender extracts.  Key notes are Peony, White Lily, Lavender and Violet, fresh grapefruit and orange, leafy green notes.   I also love the design on the box and the tube, which are vintage cabbage roses mixed with modern floating peonies.  This is also a great size to tuck in my purse.   Mini .33 oz Value $7.50
Ingredients: water, cyclopentasiloxane, stearic acid, isopropyl myristate, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, fragrance, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, carbomer, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, tetrasodium EDTA, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), butyroperumum parkii (shea butter), lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower extract, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, honey extract, propylparaben, methylparaben, aminomethyl propanol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone  cosDNA.com analysis

@@biancardi My box arrived today! I did not know it was coming. I forgot to charge my battery. Do you want spoilers or is it a work at home day?

@@PA Anna spoiler me please!   My PO comes so late in the day ....I have several boxes coming today so I am sure he isn't getting here for another 3 hours.

I find the items to be interesting and can't wait to try them out. There are two items that I will repurchase if they work out for my family. I do wish she offered discount codes. I forgot to recharge my camera battery so no pictures.

1. Herbal Honey Spread Little Bee Calm Find Focus & Pea .85 oz - Interesting mix of ingredients - Raw honey, catnip, Lemon Balm, Passion Flower, and California Poppy.

2. Wimberley Organics Mosquito Spray 2 oz -This is something I will repurchase if it works for my family.

3. Sacred Moon Herb Summer Chill Tea - a couple ounces?  It's a bright red tea with Hibiscus, Rosehips, Orange Peel, Spearmint, & Rose Petals.

4. Wellscent Watch Your Mouth Dental Formula - The card talks about peppermint oil. This contains peppermint, neem, seabuckthorn, cinnamon, mastic, thyme, clove, and jojoba, This is something I would repurchase if I like it.

5. Silver Botanicals Silver Shield Deodorant -  I'm not sure how to apply it because it is a liquid. I'm not too sure about using nanosilver. It did come with an interesting sheet of paper explaining the detoxification process when using their deodorant. It came with 2 vials - one original and one sensitive.

It's an interesting mix. My sister will use the last item if I won't.

I love this month's box!!  My review

Wimberley Organics Organic Mosquito Spray  It’s that time of yeeaaarrr…bugs…mosquitoes… and spray.  This is a great natural herbal alternative to DEET sprays and these ingredients have been used for centuries to repeal bugs.  These essential oils not only repeal bugs, but help heal any bug bites you might get if you forget to spray this on beforehand ~ it has antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties designed to heal your wounds.  This also smells really nice ~ I love the scent of citronella and that is the main scent of this spray, but I can also smell the peppermint and cedarwood in the dry down (sounds like a perfume, doesn’t it?)   Don’t forget to shake this bottle well before spraying and don’t spray towards eyes.   This is safe to use for all ages.  Wimberley Organics also makes a cooling spray, from peppermint & chamomile, which sounds very interesting!  Deluxe Size 2 oz  Value $7.50

Description: Time to let those pesky mosquitoes know they’re not welcome in your space! A careful blend of Organic Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils combine to restore harmony to your personal outdoor activities by discouraging the participation of those eager mosquitoes.

Oils used in a base of ionized water:

• Citronella (Cymbopogon nardus) – Insect deterrent. Traditionally used to prevent food spoilage due to bacteria and fungus.
  • Lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosis) – Refreshing, rejuvenating, stimulating, balancing. Inspires and improves mental clarity, supports circulatory system
  • Melaleuca (Alternifolia) Tea Tree supports immune system. Beneficial to skin
  • Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica) Insect deterrent, beneficial to skin
  • Myrtle (Myrtus communis) Lifts spirit, supports skin and hair
  • Peppermint (Mentha piperita) Supports liver, digestive and respiratory systems. Repels insects
  • Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) Healing, antiseptic Qualities. Deters insects

Mockingbird Meadows Little Bee Calm Honey Spread  I love getting honey in my boxes!  This is a honey spread, which is infused with herbs and other good stuff ~ Mockingbird Meadows creates several different types of medicinal spreads that will target concerns like allergies, daily detox, nausea and so on.   They use honey instead of alcohol, glycerine or vinegar to create a tincture of herbs and honey.   This spread is their calming version, which contains raw honey, catnip, lemon balm, passion flower and California poppy.   When I first opened up this spread, there is a layer of greenish substance, which is all of the herbs ~ they weigh less than the raw honey, so they floated up to the top.   You do need to mix this honey, just like you would with organic nut butters that separate with the oil, and the color of this spread turns a greenish color ~ haha.   But it does taste WONDERFUL!!  This is raw honey, so it does have that grainy texture of raw honey and the herbs.    I immediately tasted the lemon in this and then the catnip mint.  I was wondering why my cats were hanging around me when I ate my toast with this honey spread on ~ they smelled the catnip!  I offered them a bit and they did eat it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    I love the Mockingbird Meadows store ~ they have both food, body and other products made from their honey bee farms and there is a coffee infused honey that I need purchase ASAP.    Deluxe Size .85 oz Value $2.13

Description:  A honey spread is our unique twist on an old medicine-way called an electuary. It is a combination of honey and herbs that delivers a healthy benefit while maintaining its identity as a food…. it’s food with a purpose!  Little Bee Calm Honey Spread is a blend of our raw honey, catnip (Nepeta cataria)*^, lemon balm (Melissa officinalis)*^, passion flower (Passiflora incarnata)*^ and california poppy (Eschscholzia californica)*^.   It is the perfect way to calm down your child in a natural way.  We’ve all experienced everyday meltdowns, but this formula is also intended for those children who have special difficulties with focus or emotional control. You might introduce your child to this honey blend and then leave it somewhere they can reach. Knowing it is available whenever they start to feel out of control can be a big help! By the teaspoonful, this blend can be used daily or as needed. It can be eaten right off a spoon or added to tea, stirred it into nut butter, spread it on toast… the possibilities are endless. Just don’t add it to anything that is actively heating or boiling.   Key:  *Certified Organic, ^Kosher

A word about our honey…. our honey is harvested once a year in an effort to capture a full bodied flavor. You will taste the brightness and sweetness of spring mellowed with the bitter, darkness of fall – all at once. We build all our infusions and spreads on this complex flavor profile. At Mockingbird Meadows, we focus on the health of our bees over our bottom line. We do not use any chemicals in our hives or our property. We save back a large portion of our harvest every year to ensure the bees are fed only their own honey rather than high fructose corn syrup or sugar water. We harvest completely by hand and disrupt the natural rhythm of the lives of our bees as little as possible. Our bees are happy and healthy and this leaves them free to fly farther and look harder for the most nutritive pollen and nectar for the raw (never, ever heated!) products we deliver to you.

You can see here that the texture and color is common for this honey spread

honey.table.jpg
image from http://tagsecond.com/media/847433786384431727_533626773

Sacred Moon Herbs Summer Chill Tea   Ahh, this sounded so lovely until the rose petals!   This is a herbal tea best served iced and it contains hibiscus (LOVE),  rosehips (LOVE), orange peel (LOVE LOVE), spearmint (LOVE LOVE LOVE) and rose petals (allergic – boo!)  However, if you aren’t allergic to any of the ingredients, I bet this is one tasty tea, as hibiscus and rosehips have that sour taste, combined with citrus and minty goodness.   This tea sounds very refreshing on a hot day and it is packed with Vitamin C!   This can also be used to make Popsicles :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I do not know how much this is, or the weight – it looks to be an ounce of tea, which is standard size for handmade herbal mixes.   I did find the announcement of the tea on their FB page, so hopefully, they will have this up in their store soon ~ and maybe some other tea flavors too!  I will guesstimate that the value is around 5 dollars, as that is the going rate for teas of this nature.  I hope that their website is updated soon, so I can tell you how much this is and how you can purchase it.   1 oz?   Value $5.00?

Silver Botanicals Silver Shield Deodorant – Original & Sensitive Skin This is a very different product for me.  Normally, this  liquid deodorant is sold as a roll-on or a spray and it is supposed to provide long lasting odor protection, while fighting bacterial growth.  What is interesting about this is that is supposed to control moisture, which deodorants normally do not do ~ that is why I am antiperspirant girl.    I am going to find a mini sprayer and decant both of these into it, as it doesn’t matter to me about original or sensitive formula.     I will use it when I am not going to be really going out, as I want to test out the moisture claim.   This is made from all natural ingredients and is aluminum free, petro free and has no scent.  It is made with true colloidal nanosilver ~ “…true colloidal silver solutions are mixtures in which solid metallic particles of silver are “floating around” in a liquid solvent such as water. Silver Botanicals’ product are true colloidal silver solutions. Other products that claim to be colloidal silver that are made using simple electrical setups are actually ionic solutions. While both solutions have useful antimicrobial properties, we believe our products provide the superior form of antimicrobial silver with no negative side effects”  ~ along with pure essential oils.   This doesn’t have a scent that I can smell with it.  Sample Size .5 oz (?)  Value $1.90?

Description:  Silver Shield Deodorant is an extremely effective, all-day-long protection, underarm deodorant. It has even been shown to last multiple days when skipping showers.  Excellent Deodorizing Ability:  Silver Shield Deodorant is highly effective at eliminating underarm odor–knocking it out on contact. It keeps you odor free, even under high stress and physical exertion.  Non-toxic:  Silver Shield Deodorant was formulated from the very beginning with the goal of being non-toxic. It is made up of high quality, all-natural, food-grade ingredients. It is neither harmful to your body, or the environment.  Great Moisture Control:  Silver Shield provides a mild antiperspirant effect without blocking your sweat glands and pores. Silver Shield uses a special blend of essential oils to help reduce perspiration. It also lays down a satin-like matrix that absorbs moisture, leaving you feeling dry and comfortable.  

Ingredients
Essential Oils: At Silver Botanicals we use 100% pure, unadulterated essential oils. This means that nothing has been added and nothing has been taken away.  Our oils are mostly steam distilled, with a few oils that are absolutes, cold-pressed, or extracts.  Our oils are organic and/or wildcrafted whenever possible. Our oils are selected with respect to their native regions of the world which impart their respective theraputic value and potency.

True Colloidal Silver: At Silver Botanicals we use true colloidal silver.  We source our colloidal silver from a premium manufacturer whose end product is a refined nanosilver concentration suspended in distilled water.  Our silver particles contain, on average, around 30 atoms (~0.65 nanometers in diameter).  Our products contain between 10-30 ppm of nanosilver.  Both particle size and concentration (ppm) are ideal for our products’ intended use.

Well Scent Peppermint Essential Oil  I love peppermint ~ if you follow my blog at all, you know this already!  I have reviewed peppermint oils before and this is a great item to have on hand.   I love to use this in my diffuser to brighten and liven my living area, in my shower to wake me up in the morning, and I sniff it (no, I am not an addict – lol) to help with my sinuses which I need right now ~ allergy season has come in the NorthEast!  This helps clear out my nasal congestion, sinus pressure and really does help elevate my mood and helps soothe my allergy-caused headaches.  I will keep this on my bedside table, as lately, my allergy headaches really have been awful first thing in the morning.  I can sniff this and it will help relieve the sinus pressure and headache.  Full Size  5 mL  Value $10.00

Description:  Bright, clear and sparkling this is the peppermint (mentha piperita) oil of choice for therapeutic effects. The aroma absolutely sparkles! Softer and rounder aromatically than the Indian oil that preceded it, and without the candy-like sweetness of the Midwestern USA oil, organically grown for the purists who insist upon organic oils.

When to Use: Colds, flu, headaches, one of the most effective oils for the digestive system (relieving dyspepsia, nausea, distension and flatulence).

How to Use:  Limit to small areas or add to bath/shower/diffuser. Not be used in children under 30 months old.

Once again, I really liked the curation of Herbal Bliss monthly boxes ~ This month had a very yummy honey treat, a great bug spray, peppermint oil (yes!) along with a very interesting deodorant product and a tea that looks amazing, but since I am allergic to rose, this will make a nice gift for a friend of mine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    This box is truly a herbal lovers box ~ I hope that Herbal Bliss gets more love, as Julie does put together a great box monthly and the products are ones that are pretty unique and fun to try!

I paid $22.00 for my box as I am on a 3 month-subscription and received a value of over $26.00.  This month had some really unique items and so I am pretty happy with these items.   This subscription is not for those who want a huge value out of their monthly payment, but in the case of this type of subscription, it is the quality and supporting small businesses is which means a lot to me.   Again, I would LOVE for Herbal Bliss to include promo codes and coupons from the vendors ~ I am really interested in 3 shops in this month’s box and that would entice me to purchase more!

Latest posts

Back